Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (4/5) - OOC Thread  (Read 18732 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (0/4)
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2017, 06:00:27 pm »

I'm... working on it, but I haven't really had the time to sit down, think up a new character concept, and build it yet.

I'm thinking about making a (not-!@#$ish) Paladin; would Tawa be willing to ignore the stupidity that is the Paladin code?

EDIT: Hm... I noticed that Witches and Druids aren't among the classes that are banned in the OP; I might want to go with one of them.

What do you guys think? Should I go with a retired Paladin (that occasionally recounts old stories about his "glory days" in Paladin order X) that is going on one (or multiple, if he survives the first one) last adventure before his time is up, a Witch that often engages in conversation with his familiar (who would nag him about sending more souls to his patron or somesuch), or a Druid that exploits nature and views it as a tool instead of revering it?
An old fighter seeking to cross the Bifrost sounds awesome. I'm pretty sure my character would fit better with him too
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2017, 06:15:02 pm »

I'm... working on it, but I haven't really had the time to sit down, think up a new character concept, and build it yet.

I'm thinking about making a (not-!@#$ish) Paladin; would Tawa be willing to ignore the stupidity that is the Paladin code?

EDIT: Hm... I noticed that Witches and Druids aren't among the classes that are banned in the OP; I might want to go with one of them.

What do you guys think? Should I go with a retired Paladin (that occasionally recounts old stories about his "glory days" in Paladin order X) that is going on one (or multiple, if he survives the first one) last adventure before his time is up, a Witch that often engages in conversation with his familiar (who would nag him about sending more souls to his patron or somesuch), or a Druid that exploits nature and views it as a tool instead of revering it?
An old fighter seeking to cross the Bifrost sounds awesome. I'm pretty sure my character would fit better with him too
Who are the other party members, anyway?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2017, 06:15:59 pm »

Also, Tawa, can I pick up Animate Dead as a ritual spell if I'm a Witch? What if I have the Plague patron (which gives Animate Dead as a bonus spell at 8th level)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2017, 08:46:29 pm »

Oh man, I just found this: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/archetypes/paizo-witch-archetypes/gingerbread-witch-witch-archetype/

Sorry guys, I might have to go with a Witch anyway. This seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2017, 09:58:16 pm »

To answer your question, I believe we got an inquisitor of Thor, a ranger, and... I forget

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2017, 11:10:05 pm »

If you go with Witch, yes, Animate Dead would be okay.

In terms of Paladins, yes, you could ignore that. I've never liked alignment restrictions or behavioral codes for classes; it constrains characters to a predesigned archetype too much.

MNII's character is a Rogue.

And by Odin what on Earth is that archetype
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2017, 02:04:53 am »

And by Odin what on Earth is that archetype
It is the perfect child-kidnapper archetype, that's what.

Behold, my glorious plan (don't worry, I'm not actually gonna use this for my character):
1. Be a Witch with the Gingerbread Witch archetype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/archetypes/paizo-witch-archetypes/gingerbread-witch-witch-archetype/).
2. Acquire a white horse-drawn carriage.
3. Use your Child-Sense hex to find a child.
4. Ask the child if they would like some candy. Use enchantment spells on the child if you're in a hurry/have a bad CHA score/are a rotting, undead monstrosity.
5. If they answer "yes" (or some variation thereof), use your Tricky Treats hex to create a piece of candy that mimics the Polypurpose Panacea spell. Set your intended victim to be the only other person who won't be nauseated when they eat the candy, and set the effect of the Polypurpose Panacea spell to "cause sleep". Since PP is intended to be a Personal-range spell, it has no save and bypasses spell resistance, so the child should be defenseless against the candy's effects. If they decline, ride/drive a fair distance away and go back to step 3.
6. Abduct the now-unconscious child.
7. ???
8. Profit!

I dunno what I'd actually use the child for, but there's gotta be some demonic ritual or something that requires child-sacrifice, right?

Maybe I could make it fight for my amusement. If it lives, it gets to become my apprentice.

Spoiler: Something Like This (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2017, 06:34:57 am »

Here he is, the man you've all been waiting for.

Sorry about the ridiculous amount of time it took to get him posted. Everything should be complete except his backstory. (I'll also be adding spell/feat descriptions in the Other Notes area, mostly for my own benefit.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:53:25 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2017, 07:08:29 am »

Is there anything i need to do to my PC i think i have it all stats, weapons, skills, is there anything i missed?.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2017, 06:31:20 pm »

The fruits of my research into Paladin archetypes:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/holy-gun/
Awwwww yeeeaaah. Dispense JUSTICE with supreme firepower! Alas, it clashes a bit with the setting.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/oathbound-paladin/oath-of-the-seeker/
Reassign your Smite Evil target as a free action when you kill your previous target without needing to spend another use of Smite Evil! Unfortunately, it requires you to take an oath to reclaim and defend Dwarven strongholds... I don't suppose that Tawa could waive that code?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/oathbound-paladin/oath-of-the-people-s-council/
A Paladin of GLORIOUS COMMUNISM. 'Nuff said.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/enlightened-paladin-paladin-archetype/
A Paladin/Monk hybrid that gets a ki pool. Might be okay, especially since most heavy armors are banned.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/mind-sword-paladin-archetype/
Be the Jedi you were destined to be. This archetype adds quite a few spells to your spell list and doesn't say that it counts as modifying your Paladin spellcasting (so you can use some other archetype that alters spellcasting as well); it might be worth checking out.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/silver-champion-paladin-archetype/
This gives you a drake mount and drastically changes your spell list. I dunno how the "one spell per day less of each spell level" thing interacts with that P6 feat that gives you a 2nd level spell, though.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/sacred-servant/
Gives you a domain and some other nifty stuff. You might be able to nab that 8th level angel summoning thing with a (homebrewed, of course) feat, if Tawa allows it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2017, 06:50:03 pm »

Spoiler: advice (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2017, 08:06:51 pm »

Making progress, I've settled on playing a Bard because bards are pretty great.

EDIT: And done!

Spoiler: Njall! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:32:36 am by Harry Baldman »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2017, 08:02:00 pm »

Is there anything i need to do to my PC i think i have it all stats, weapons, skills, is there anything i missed?.

Yeah, a couple of things that Tawa pointed out at the beginning:
- Everyone gets two feats, one for existing and one for being human
- These are traits
- Medium characters can't ride ponies
Please try to provide at least two paragraphs (8-10 sentences) of backstory, ideally at least 3.
Also, skills are based off of your Intelligence Modifier, not your score. With an Intelligence of 10, you get +0 modifier. So, you only have 4 skills.
Also, to save Tawa a headache, maybe calculate your Hit Points, Armor Class, and To-Hit bonuses.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2017, 09:09:51 pm »

I don't know if I put traits yet. I should have, but I'll double check

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2017, 05:09:15 pm »

Hey, Tawa, are there fiends and celestials in your setting? If so, can we play as Tieflings, Aasimaar, and/or Humans, or (still) only just Humans?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18