Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Picture Wars - Inter Dimensional Chaos (Free for all)  (Read 23446 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars (full, though accepting interested players)
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 05:44:33 am »

I know I'm only watching (and commenting) until the next thread, but could I chip in for the vote? Just curious.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 05:45:36 am »

I really would like to play, but I'm very slow at designing stuff so I don't want to keep people away from playing.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 05:53:52 am »

As long as you have a handful of units available, you should be able to continue working on them while fighting. That's my plan.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 06:13:59 am »

I know I'm only watching (and commenting) until the next thread, but could I chip in for the vote? Just curious.
Yeah Sure
I really would like to play, but I'm very slow at designing stuff so I don't want to keep people away from playing.
That's why I wanted to have a "beginners game", so that you can get used to PW. But what OceanSoul said. You make a few units in the beginning and then make the rest on the way.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2017, 06:31:33 am »

Alright. Map 6. A modern day, underground base? I would love to see that.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2017, 06:36:07 am »

I love this map as well, the backstory is that it belonged to a virus alien race, or something like that. I remember it's connected to one of the armies on PW forums, but don't remember to which exactly. The problem is that some people (probably Gwolfski) will be using fantasy or medieval armies.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2017, 07:07:04 am »

I love this map as well, the backstory is that it belonged to a virus alien race, or something like that. I remember it's connected to one of the armies on PW forums, but don't remember to which exactly. The problem is that some people (probably Gwolfski) will be using fantasy or medieval armies.

Hmm...good point. I guess we'll see, then.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2017, 07:11:49 pm »

I too will be using a medieval army, after all, making a new army as stated I should do by snow. Its almost done actually...just need N S and A T, what those are ment to stand for is a mystery for now, at least for you guys. You will see when the game starts.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:39:44 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 12:45:04 am »

I too will be using a medieval army, after all, making a new army as stated I should do by snow. Its almost done actually...just need N S and A T, what those are ment to stand for is a mystery for now, at least for you guys. You will see when the game starts.
Medieval army made of letters?
Cause as it seems most of you will be using fantasy~medieval armys, should I also use a fitting one?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 12:57:38 am »

Cause as it seems most of you will be using fantasy~medieval armys, should I also use a fitting one?

Ah, crap, I know what he means. See, in games like Dwarf Fortress and Nethack, they use what's called ASCII instead of actual graphics. ASCII graphics represent things such as using "O" for Orcs. Joe's using ASCII code to hide his fantasy army. I'm sure if one of us goes to the Nethack wiki, or makes an educated guess, we can figure it out.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 02:34:51 am »

Actually, Im just using the first letter of the name, say, a longswords man would be L M or a muskiteer M, I'll give you a hint, the N is a weapon and the S is a profession, meanwhile A is the profession while T is the weapon, pass the riddle and I'll show you some of my army.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 04:19:49 am »

Ah, crap, I know what he means. See, in games like Dwarf Fortress and Nethack, they use what's called ASCII.
*plays nethack with graphics on*

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2017, 07:02:03 am »

Actually, Im just using the first letter of the name, say, a longswords man would be L M or a muskiteer M, I'll give you a hint, the N is a weapon and the S is a profession, meanwhile A is the profession while T is the weapon, pass the riddle and I'll show you some of my army.

NS, I figure, is the Ninjato for a Samurai. AT might be Ashigaru and Tanegashima.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2017, 11:38:49 am »

I wouold join, but I'm kinda busy with quite a few other forum games as well as a project I'm working on in my spare time, so I'm afraid I won't be able to contribute to this... Sorry.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 03:50:39 pm »

NS, I figure, is the Ninjato for a Samurai. AT might be Ashigaru and Tanegashima.
....Welp, you got one of them right....the ashigaru at any rate...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22