Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13855 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2017, 02:40:23 pm »

Thorsteinn grimaced as he watched Judas dirty tactics, at least the man wasn't using magic. Shrugging somewhat he nodded as he took her down.

"I suppose that's what happens when you offer to take on anyone in the fashion they chose." He said with a bit of a chuckle.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2017, 02:44:56 pm »

Robert watches the combat from the sidelines.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2017, 02:56:09 pm »

Judas shrugs.
"In my defense, you'd probably murder me in a fair fight. Metaphorically hopefully."

"Which is why, I suppose you don't fight fair." Alfrieda replies curtly. It seems she's all business now.

"...You'll have to show me some more of that trickery. Our enemies won't be happy to lend me a helping hand, if they knock me down using similar means. And, maybe I can teach you a proper parry...you've got tricks, but your form is sloppy..."

Thorsteinn grimaced as he watched Judas dirty tactics, at least the man wasn't using magic. Shrugging somewhat he nodded as he took her down.

"I suppose that's what happens when you offer to take on anyone in the fashion they chose." He said with a bit of a chuckle.

Alfrieda seems to appreciate this sort of humor, though it would be hard to tell, for she almost never smiles.

"Hmph. Not the first time I've been set back on my heels. There's always another lesson in humility...reminds me of the first 'Bandit' I tried to bring justice to. I think he was accused of stealing a chicken from a farmer, or maybe trying to elope with the farmers daughter. I must have only been 18, he was even younger, both of us fools swinging blunted weapons at each other. We both lost our weapons in the mud, and he threw a soup pot at my head knocking me out, and running off. I could have had worse than just waking up in a puddle of badly boiled eggs and road mud....It's been awhile since I've been knocked down, but I've found that if you survive, you always learn something from your failures. Maybe more than when you succeed." she said sagely.

"...Anyway, who's next to fight? We'll need another pair. The show must go on, as the Bard says."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:59:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2017, 07:17:09 pm »

"Hmph. I suppose I'll get this over with. Without resorting to tossing my clothes in people's faces."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2017, 07:47:20 pm »

Thorsteinn looked Arvaine up and down, he was a smaller man, but Thorsteinn knew he was a tough old dog all the same. Baring his teeth in a grin at the older man, Thorsteinn took a sword from the racks and his shield from his back.

"Come on then, a contest of strength and skills then. Just what I'd need to get get my blood pumping." He said, crouching slightly as he thrust his shield towards Arvaine in challenge.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2017, 08:15:55 pm »

It was hard to tell, but Arvaine did actually brighten up slightly at the prospect of sparring with someone who looked like they actually knew what they were doing.
"Very well." He hefted his shield in response, and set himself up across from Thorsteinn, unhooking his mace from his belt. "You may strike the first blow."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2017, 10:21:40 am »

Thorsteinn strikes first, with a cautious blow to test Arvaine's defences. [1 1 2 4] + 3 = 9 damage!

Arvaine's counter attack is much more aggressive than he's opponent's. [1 2 3 5] + 3 = 11 damage!

Thorsteinn slashes viciously with his sword in response. [3 4 4 5] + 3 = 12 damage!

Arvaine is wounded but not defeated yet, his mace striking out with renewed fury. [1 1 3 4] + 3 = 10 damage!

Thorsteinn is just as hurt as his foe, but manages to strike a finishing blow first. [1 1 3 5] + 3 = 11 damage!

((Seeing as Arvaine would have done at least 5 damage in his next attack, this is another case where who went first mattered. Which is exactly what I expected.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2017, 01:16:12 pm »

Antonio lets out an impressed whistle as he watches the fight.
"Well, I don't suppose we'll have to worry about our Paladins' combat prowess."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2017, 01:19:42 pm »

"I hope we won't....need to fight too many people. I cannot fight very well, I am afraid."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2017, 01:22:50 pm »

"They are pretty impressive aren't they?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2017, 03:18:08 pm »

He grinned at the two of them. "They certainly are. And we've all got our roles, right?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2017, 09:47:26 pm »

Arvaine picked himself up off the ground with a grunt.

"Seems you've got some skill, at least." He offers his right hand to shake after returning his mace to its rightful place in his belt.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2017, 07:59:57 am »

Thorsteinn nodded to the knight as he took his hand and shook it.

"Aye then, a good bout it was. I shan't be worried fighting at your side I would think. Well then, anyone else want to spar or in some other way show off their talents?" Thorsteinn asked, looking at the rest of the crowd.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2017, 08:59:40 am »

Alice looked around and then shrugged,
"Guess I could do something" she rose slowly to her feet "I don't really fight though"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2017, 09:24:40 am »

Judas turns to the enchantress.
"We do not have a dearth of enchanters. I'm sure we should all like to see a display of skill in such a field."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16