Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13869 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2017, 06:47:43 pm »

"....you are....okay with me being a sorceress? I....see. Then yes, I am one."
Deidre is rather relieved to see someone in the court who doesn't mind her using magic. The incident with the man who called himself Judas had rubbed her the wrong way, so Antonio's compliments seem to calm her a little.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2017, 06:52:48 pm »

Lillian, having just arrived before the whole world-breaking kerfuffle, also was not quite aware of Antonio's reputation one way or the other. She started as if to bow, but then remembered the earlier discussion, and simply waved politely. "Hello! I look forward to working with you!" she said, making a notable effort not to stutter.

On the note of the duels, she seemed a bit nervous at the concept. "I've never been much of a fighter, but pa took me huntin' a couple times... I've always been more about thinkin' though. I can make potions and salves and all that, if it helps."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2017, 06:58:29 pm »

Antonio looked around -- well, there didn't seem to be an awful lot of the aristocratic type in this little meeting, so he could probably get away with saying:
"Of course I am. There are those who think the lands of the Italian republics to be heretical, and there are those who find the idea of rich commoners distasteful... but here I am a Florentino merchant, so it would be more than a little hypocritical of me not to be appreciative of talent."
He returned Lillian's greeting with a nod of his head -- an outright wave in return would probably be a bit much at this juncture for someone of his image, but a nod was a level greeting nonetheless.
"And that is a useful talent itself, miss. Could I trouble you for your name?"

He turned to the group at large.
"By the way, I've brought a skin of wine, if any of you would care to partake of a little."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:06:23 pm by Powder Miner »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2017, 08:11:29 pm »

"A-Ah, I forgot to introduce myself... my name is Lillian Rook." Lillian says, hurriedly. Ahhh, how did she forget?

When the wine came up, she shook her head. "No, thank ya. I think I want a clear head for whatever we do next, ya know?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2017, 08:20:33 pm »

Antonio waved off Lillian's worried comment of forgetting, not dropping his smile. "Ah, don't worry about it, miss Lillian. Or the wine either, for that matter, for any of you worried about the alcohol. This isn't one of the Di Vini vineyard's more alcoholic wines, and I didn't bring enough for more than an unfortunately small cup -- I am nearing the end of my stock, after all."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2017, 08:30:32 pm »

"I agree, a tournament of sorts to aquiant us with each other's skills would be excellent."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2017, 08:37:44 pm »

The wine merchant turns to Judas now, a man Antonio wasn't entirely sure what to think about. He'd heard the man had relatively recently turned away from Iorwerth (Antonio had been in the Queen's camp before Judas had) in the camp rumors he'd made sure to listen to, but given that Antonio wasn't quite as tightly tied to Galwalas as some of the rest of the order, this simply meant that Antonio's judgement was out on the man, for now. No reason to be unfriendly, though.
"Ah, a tournament, you say? Is that what you were speaking of before I joined the group, here? Well, I'm not a career warrior or anything like that but I'd be willing to bet that I would surprise some of you, haha."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:25 pm »

"Indeed, I fear I'm not very strong as a fighter but I will not turn down a chance to demonstrate what prowess I have."

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2017, 09:17:52 pm »

"Although I focus more on enchantment then the blade, a tournament could be fun as well as informative."

Owen turns to Antonio."Thank you. I have heard your family's wine is a taste not to be missed."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2017, 10:42:42 pm »

Thorsteinn watched a thin young man he did not recognize joined the group, offering what looked like a pitifully small amount of wine for the other to partake in. Shrugging his large shoulders.
"Has this idea gone from a simple spar to test each other to some type of tournament? I think we do get ahead of ourselves. I do not think that it is a bad idea to spar a little, if just to stretch my arms after a few days of rest. But some type of tournament... I think we will be quite a bit too busy with out new duties for such a thing. I expect that we will be wishing to set out soon on our quest, perhaps today." Standing up straighter he turned to the man and his proffered wineskin "Well then, certainly one can not turn down an offer of wine from a potential friend. It has been many years since I've been so far south, but I remember the wines of that region with no little fondness." Thorsteinn seems to consider for a moment, before grinning "Although that the time there seemed to despair with the manner of which I consumed it among some of my companions at the time. Come then, let us toast to god, to the queen, and to the order!" He said with vigor. "I think perhaps if we are to spar, it should be take place in somewhere else this then hall, too many other people around for my tastes. Lets find out way to a barracks of some sort. Certainly a castle this large will have a room for us to play in."

He finished as he starting moving out, long strides quickly taking him from the main hall towards the more military focused areas of the castle.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:44:36 pm by Criptfeind »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2017, 11:21:08 pm »

Antonio flashed his smile at Owen, bending down to open a pocket on the pack on his back and retrieving a wooden cup -- about the size, perhaps, of a shorter dinner glass, which he filled around halfway full and handed to Owen, a similar cup going to Thorsteinn.
"If you want to really taste something, just wait until I take out one of the bottles I am holding in reserve for potential diplomacy once we start upon our journey. I must also thank you for the compliment, Mr...?"

He watches as Thorsteinn pounds down the hallway, and shrugs slightly before he grabs his backpack and closes the pocket, placing the large wineskin upon his hip again, before shrugging the backpack on. "It would appear I'm going to have to pour anything else out wherever our northern comrade is taking us, however!" And he begins to follow along, light on his feet despite the load on his back.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2017, 02:39:38 am »

"I am not sure it would be....prudent to drink in the barracks..."
Deidre follows along behind Antonio.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2017, 02:48:03 am »

"Well, whatever works works. It's wine, after all, so it's not going to go bad any time soon. The offer's open if anyone wants some."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2017, 08:20:55 am »

"I am not sure it would be....prudent to drink in the barracks..."
Deidre follows along behind Antonio.

"Let a man judge prudence for himself. You cannot enforce the limits to which a person will take themselves, only the destination you find them in. I am not much a drinker, myself, and so I will desist. I tend to handle alcohol...poorly.

Anyway. I volunteer to be the first in this...whatever it is.

I will challenge anyone with magical or physical acumen to a test of mettle, the terms of which I will allow my opponent to dictate. Who dares accept my challenge?"
She said, gaze turning to each member of the Order in turn.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2017, 08:59:34 am »

Judas shrugs and raises his hand.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16