Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette Early Days On ship Thread  (Read 34938 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Early Days On ship Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2017, 01:56:35 pm »

Before I spend my tokens on anything, do we have our own version of nyars boxes here? Is that a thing?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2017, 01:57:13 pm »

"Should be doable."

Go to Rec room and sit down in a meditating pose.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2017, 02:07:49 pm »

Buy a Grenade and Kinetic amp

Maya then moves to the sports area to punch and kick a punching bag
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2017, 10:21:31 am »

((Yeah, but that's five tokens and Joanna has 9, and the Advanced Kit is 7.))

Joanna made a mental note of the time remaining. She'd only go for [1 turn], she supposed - better safe than sorry.

Her first match up was a little girl? She considered for a moment. While she normally would have a problem with this, it was just a simulation. Ask her to punch a real little girl, heck no, but a virtual one doesn't really matter.

Punch the girl in the face. Because Joanna probably can't reach her gut without bending down.

[Dex: 2+1]
[Girl Dex: 6]
[Girl Str: 1]

You go in for a punch, but the little girl side steps and gives you a nose beep. She takes another step back and shakes her head dismissively.

Test out new feets!  By tap dancing or something.

These make quite good feets for tapdancing, you won't even need those special shoes. And you recon these makes effective kicking weapons should you want to kick certain someone's nuts. Assuming he is indeed he.

Before I spend my tokens on anything, do we have our own version of nyars boxes here? Is that a thing?

Nyars certainly doesn't exist. But perhaps you should ask around? Who knows what services we have here...

"Should be doable."

Go to Rec room and sit down in a meditating pose.

Rec room is still stained with your blood. But there's a plenty of clean space to sit on.

Buy a Grenade and Kinetic amp

Maya then moves to the sports area to punch and kick a punching bag

Kin amp and three fragmentation grenades bought.

There appears to be a decent punching bag you can use to went frustration. It doesn't offer any challenge though.

2 turns.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2017, 10:24:35 am »

head into the Cryo sleep thingy so I don't die
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2017, 10:38:38 am »

Joanna frowns. She'd have to do this properly later though - she didn't want to die to something so stupid after surviving that last mission.

End session, borrow 3 tokens from Filgres, buy Mk.2 and Advanced Kit, head to stasis.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:22:50 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2017, 10:43:14 am »

Buy a Mk II suit (4 tokens left.)  Try tapdancing in it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2017, 10:45:33 am »

((Actually, would anyone be willing to lend 3 tokens for Joanna to be able to buy a Mk.2 in addition to the Advanced Kit?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2017, 11:08:06 am »

((Ask Filgres IC and he'd be down.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2017, 11:14:25 am »

Ask around for nyars box like shenanigans. Go into stasis before I get killed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2017, 11:19:14 am »

On the way to stasis, Joanna runs into one of the others. An idea pops into her head. "You wouldn't happen to have 3 tokens to spare? I'll pay you back next mission."
Sigtext!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2017, 11:27:36 am »

Filgres smiles at the asker.  "Sure!  You can pay me back after the mission; no problem."

Loan 3 tokens

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2017, 11:29:38 am »

Joanna gives him a thumbs up, and heads to the armory to make her purchases before heading into stasis.
Sigtext!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2017, 01:21:24 pm »

say below:
"I'd like to get the hands remote controled, cameral imbedded in the back of the hand. I want to get it so it can craw about with fingers...maybe even get a hand laser on them or multi tool from it being built into the fingertips so each finger tip is a different tools...so you'd could even get a removable multitool hand in  the future."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2017, 02:14:10 pm »

head into the Cryo sleep thingy so I don't die

It's less about cryo and more about being knocked out in a goo protecting you from massive G-forces, having your lungs filled with same fluid and getting a whole bunch of tubes inserted into your orifices. You know, fun stuff. But all the same, into stasis you go.

Joanna frowns. She'd have to do this properly later though - she didn't want to die to something so stupid after surviving that last mission.

End session, borrow 3 tokens from Filgres, buy Mk.2 and Advanced Kit, head to stasis.

So the legend of undefeated little girl continues.

Tokens are quickly borrowed, suit and advanced kit bought.

Stasis'd

Buy a Mk II suit (4 tokens left.)  Try tapdancing in it!
Filgres smiles at the asker.  "Sure!  You can pay me back after the mission; no problem."

Loan 3 tokens

You buy the suit and try it out. Soft soles of the boots make tapdancing considerably harder. And "soft" here means softer than your new metal bones.

Few tokens change owner and transaction is memorized. Better keep the medic alive so you can collect the tokens back later.

Ask around for nyars box like shenanigans. Go into stasis before I get killed.

Well, there's Vik discussing with a recearch guy about turning someone's severed arm into a remote controlled weaponized multitool. You inject your question in between the banter and thoroughly throw his train of thought off the tracks.

"Ah, well, maybe I could sell some prototypes cheaply before they are finalized and introduced to armory or abandonded. Or build a customized piece."

Podded.

say below:
"I'd like to get the hands remote controled, cameral imbedded in the back of the hand. I want to get it so it can craw about with fingers...maybe even get a hand laser on them or multi tool from it being built into the fingertips so each finger tip is a different tools...so you'd could even get a removable multitool hand in  the future."

"Hmm, hmm, hmm..." The nerd hops up from his chair and starts walking in circles and taps the databad furiously. After couple of minutes he stops. "Chief says you could have that done for three tokens."

((Using that thing for anything other than walking around would be aux roll.))

1 turn until fatal acceleration.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14