Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 36534 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: RISE AND SHINE FOR DAY 2
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2017, 02:14:09 pm »

(Okay, I've been waiting on one more for a while now but maybe I've just lost the post somewhere. Anyways, I'm updating this today. Reaaally want to get to that first mission)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2017, 02:28:57 pm »

Which one? We've had six posts since May 29.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2017, 09:35:54 pm »

For some reason I also thought someone hadn't posted.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2017, 11:01:54 pm »

Constantine wakes up and resumes hiking to Balmora.
[4]
Like a true legionnaire, you rise with the sun, feeling refreshed and ready for the day. You quickly gather your things and head downstairs to leave. It's fairly quiet down there at this hour, aside from a few well-to-do farmers in there for a drink before they head out to their work. You notice the bosmer wizard from last night apparently passed out at his table, and a Khajiit woman with earrings poking at him.

"Gentlemen, and one lady, welcome to Balmora! City of opportunity! Or so I've heard. Fargoth, how are we on objects of interest?"

What have we got for loot, to be exact? How much of it could we plausibly sell?

"First of all we'll need to find decent lodgings. And then I do believe I have an appointment at the South Wall."

Land in Balmora and seek out a good spot to get situated and get our collective bearings (and also get some decent clothes for my slave friends) as well as safely store our loot.

[2]
With a rowboat and 5 people, you were only able to bring 2 barrels of stuff with you, though you packed them as full as you could. You have one barrel that's primarily full of stolen legion armament: pauldrons, boots, helmets, greaves, all stacked up neatly inside of each other, several of each. The other mostly contains various alcoholic drinks and mid-to-low-grade potions. You packed the remaining space in each with clothing and jewelry from the rest of the stash back in the cave, and you suppose the slaves can help themselves to some of that. It's only fair. And nothing too too valuable.

It shouldn't be too hard to move this stuff, though, it's only a matter of finding someone to buy it as a trade load rather than individually. And general traders are a drake a dozen. Preferably one who won't ask too many questions, but if what you've heard of this city is true, that shouldn't be overly difficult.

[3]
You don't have much direction to go on, aside from your official instructions, but you at least seem to have loyalty from the others for the time being. The two Argonians decide to stay and watch the stuff in the well-guarded waterfront while you, Baadargo, and Fargoth go out to explore. Hostels for travelers and riverrunners abound, and for less transient lodgings there seem to be plenty of flophouses available around either side of the river where all of you could at least lie down and store some stuff. You'd likely need a bit more investigating to find anything more robust, but in a city this size it surely must be available. However, depending on your plans it shouldn't be hard at least to find a space to rent for a few days while you do your business.

[6]
A few minutes walk brings you to the Gate Plaza, near the city's Southern entrance and its sizeable strider port. One store placard immediately catches your attention - "Ra'Virr - Trader"

Wake up, preen self, find something to eat. Like bread, or a bug, or bread with bugs!

If there is any feasible way to messily make pancakes in Caius' house, do that.

Wake up and look around for Caius.
The three of you awaken gradually with the light of day streaming through the green-glass windows, finding a basket of bread thoughtfully placed near your impromptu nest, though no sign of Caius. The Bosmeri girl makes a half-hearted attempt at getting up, taking a single bite of bed before rolling back over and snoozing again, leaving you two Argonians to face the morning for now.

[3] Eetz picks over the corners of the room for bugs, finding a few pensive-looking spiders lurking up above one of the shelves, and garnishes his bread with them. He also thoughtfully peruses the room for any means to make pancakes. Unfortunately, though one might conceivably find a way to cook using a single plate and that surprisingly decent skooma pipe stashed under the bed, without water there's not really a way to make dough, batter, or even gruel.

Said plate also seems to contain a small pile of some kind of jerky.

Get up and explore my new surroundings! Ask around for how I got here and who's to thank.

You find yourself on the bottom of a stack of bunk beds, near several other bunk beds, which are mostly filled with sleeping people of various shapes and sizes, all wearing similarly varied robes. On getting up, you find this space to be partitioned from a larger room via discreet paper screens, likely for the benefit of the sleeping. It seems to be a large and well-furnished basement of some kind, lit by blue paper lanterns and a large planter filled with (among other strange flora) glowing mushrooms. There are a number of people going about their business in here; reading books, futzing with alchemic equipment, meticulously writing something on a scroll. From the sparks, there even seems to be someone practicing Illusion a bit. An Altmeri woman notices your emergence and greets you.

"Up early, I see. Good! You were in a bit of a bad way last night. As a courtesy I decided to patch you up a bit, hopefully you don't have a headache." On your prompting, she explains the condition she saw you in last night after you'd passed out and what she'd heard later from the one who let you in. "You should probably go see the guild Steward straight away, sir. She'll be upstairs, in her office." She gestures towards a ramped corridor leading upwards.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2017, 12:16:23 am »

Awesome, Constantine is back!

Constantine notices Tarhiel and the khajiit. It would be improper to simply abandon him, so he goes over to the owner to try and help Tarhiel  out.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Is my friend here causing you trouble? I could pay for a room on his behalf, if that would help."

(If I don't have enough money, I'll try to come up with another solution.)

Never mind, I have at least 16 septims left from Nels' sword.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:34:09 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2017, 04:14:59 am »

Visit Ra'Virr's shop and make his acquaintance as Flavius Silicius! See if maybe he would like to procure some of this legion equipment or potentially know someone who would, nudge nudge wink wink.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2017, 09:57:19 pm »

"Ah, yes! Thank you for your assistance! My name is Bobs-In-Well, what is yours?"

Introduce myself to the helpful elf, then go and see the guild steward.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2017, 04:08:19 am »

Tyri was having quite a nice sleep, with the feelings of soft bread making the improvised beddings very comfy--until she realized the softness was Eetz' tail, and she was very close to grabbing it in her semi-daydream.

Until she realized she was still dreaming, because Eetz didn't have as big and probably as soft a tail. She was dreaming because there were spiders in the room too! This was impossible.
Take a tiny bit more sleep, then wake up and feel refreshed for the day.

Recall what Caius said to us yesterday, too!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2017, 09:27:43 pm »

Hey, Rautherdir and Draignean, are you still playing?
My mods and forum games.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2017, 09:48:23 pm »

(Woops, didn't notice it had updated.)

Eat some of the jerky

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2017, 03:17:07 pm »

((Gah, I saw it updated and thought I'd get to it later.))

Eetz shared the Scrib jerky with Bosmer and began experimenting with the Skooma pipe. Was it full? Was there an easy way to light it? Could you twist the stem off to reveal a hidden key or a poisoned blade?

Eetz's mind whirled with the possibilities of the simple item, fondling it thoroughly in his attempt to unlock its secrets.

Eat Jerky, investigate/use/maybe break Caius' Skooma pipe.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2017, 12:57:04 am »

(Been stuck on updating this turn for far too long, not done with this game yet but I'm thinking I may need to skip ahead to some more action.)
(Truthfully, writer's block is the bane of every game I've ever run)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2017, 01:18:28 am »

Whatever you need, I still hope to keep playing this game.
My mods and forum games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2017, 04:11:00 am »

(Been stuck on updating this turn for far too long, not done with this game yet but I'm thinking I may need to skip ahead to some more action.)
(Truthfully, writer's block is the bane of every game I've ever run)

(In my experience it's better to grit your teeth and power through it - inspiration is notoriously fleeting and discipline is what you really want as a writer.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2017, 06:08:05 pm »

(Not so much inspiration as indecision in this case. Probably overthinking it, though.)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18