Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 36644 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen and Balmora
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2017, 12:41:25 pm »

"Perhaps I should have taken your offer. I was stabbed. I also captured a dangerous criminal. I suppose it all balances out. Are you alright? You seem downcast."

[3] "I was working on something... a spell, for... well, as it stands, Intervention is still better... maybe I can figure out what I did wrong. Think I'm just going to recuperate here for a bit until I'm ready to go back to Riften."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2017, 12:58:33 pm »

"Very well. Would you happen to have any copies of the current spell? Perhaps I could find a use for it in my travels."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2017, 01:17:32 pm »

"Thank you, but I think I'll explore a little. I'm new!"

Ask a guard for local services, and attempt to locate the town's branch of the Mages Guild, if they have one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2017, 01:40:12 pm »

"Thank you, but I think I'll explore a little. I'm new!"

Ask a guard for local services, and attempt to locate the town's branch of the Mages Guild, if they have one.

"Be careful, Argonian. Habasi knows these streets can be unkind at this hour, especially to ones such as you and me."

After leaving the South Wall, you ask the nearest guard. "Yes, outlander, Balmora has a chapter of all the Empire's guilds. Fighters, Mages, even Thieves. But that's mighty dangerous around here. You'll find the two legitimate guilds in the Gate Plaza, near the Strider port and the Southwest city gate. The guilds should be open day or night, but aside from them and the inns, you won't find anything else open at this hour."

So, all the way back the way you came, then. That's unfortunate.

"Very well. Would you happen to have any copies of the current spell? Perhaps I could find a use for it in my travels."
[6]
The bosmer reaches into his robe and unceremoniously tosses out a handfull of 3 scrolls. "Flawed products. I have no more use for them. And I suppose I still owe you one. But for that reason, I'll warn you, using those would be risky. Oh, I bet you could get from one end of this island to the other. But that's no good without a way to survive the landing. You should probably just pawn them."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2017, 01:52:34 pm »

"I shall be cautious then. I hope you get it working the way you like."

Rest the night, then resume my journey to Balmora.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2017, 02:34:29 pm »

Things to do before nightfall:

Return to Seyda Neen!

Go to Census and Excise and inform them that two smugglers will be out by Arrille's Tradehouse carrying a chunk of moon sugar - get two legionnaires over there when they've come out around the back and they should be easy to apprehend/subdue/eviscerate (watch out for the hedge wizard though). Keep a low profile until they're at the back though to minimize their chances of getting away (they should be careful though, because I've heard these smugglers may have associates among the locals), and make sure guards are on alert at the edges of the settlement in case someone tries to get away.

Oh, and figure out where Fargoth is likely to be at the hour of truth. I'd like to be in relative proximity to him, but somewhat out of sight of the tradehouse when things start to pop off.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:38:20 pm by Harry Baldman »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2017, 02:44:52 pm »

In an unfamiliar city, in an unfamiliar nation, surrounded by dunmer with only the loosest regard for civil liberties, many individuals would be scared or too overwhelmed to take action. Eetz, however, was a trained scout. He boldly went where no mortal had gone before, dared dangers no one else could dare, and audaciously ate things that no creature upon nirn had ever eaten so audaciously. To wit, he employed a tactic taught to him by his exemplary training and vast scouting experience.

He picked the first person that looked like they knew where they were going and followed them.

Follow the Bosmer and the Khajiit, make a conscious effort not to breathe creepily.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2017, 05:27:49 pm »

Things to do before nightfall:

Return to Seyda Neen!

Go to Census and Excise and inform them that two smugglers will be out by Arrille's Tradehouse carrying a chunk of moon sugar - get two legionnaires over there when they've come out around the back and they should be easy to apprehend/subdue/eviscerate (watch out for the hedge wizard though). Keep a low profile until they're at the back though to minimize their chances of getting away (they should be careful though, because I've heard these smugglers may have associates among the locals), and make sure guards are on alert at the edges of the settlement in case someone tries to get away.

Oh, and figure out where Fargoth is likely to be at the hour of truth. I'd like to be in relative proximity to him, but somewhat out of sight of the tradehouse when things start to pop off.

Fortunately, the smuggler's base of operations is right on the outskirts of town. The C&E offices are only a hop and a skip away. [6] Sellus Gravius seems surprised, but not incredulous "A sting operation? Hmm, well I thought there was something... official about you. Guess you're to do with something above my pay-grade. Well, we'll get our men right on it."

[1] "I'll be drinking at Arrille's. Why do you ask?"

In an unfamiliar city, in an unfamiliar nation, surrounded by dunmer with only the loosest regard for civil liberties, many individuals would be scared or too overwhelmed to take action. Eetz, however, was a trained scout. He boldly went where no mortal had gone before, dared dangers no one else could dare, and audaciously ate things that no creature upon nirn had ever eaten so audaciously. To wit, he employed a tactic taught to him by his exemplary training and vast scouting experience.

He picked the first person that looked like they knew where they were going and followed them.

Follow the Bosmer and the Khajiit, make a conscious effort not to breathe creepily.

[5] You ghost along behind them a damn shadowscales. You're standing almost right behind them as they stand outside a small house, talking about whether to go in or not.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »

[5] You ghost along behind them a damn shadowscales. You're standing almost right behind them as they stand outside a small house, talking about whether to go in or not.
((I feel like all my skills and focus in STEALTH are useless now. X3 I can't even spot this dude when I'm shadowing THIS dude. Go team PACKAGE DELIVERY!

Although honestly, I've been waiting for a response to this for quite some time, and my action would generally be 'sneak and check on Taahni's progress alongside the general ongoings around' if only she would choose to go first. But now we're stuck in time and having quite a rich argonian right behind us. :P))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:17:09 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2017, 11:29:22 pm »

Long distances are only a problem for races that don't run recreationally! TO THE MAGES GUILD!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2017, 11:47:52 pm »

Long distances are only a problem for races that don't run recreationally! TO THE MAGES GUILD!

[1] You're almost back to the Silt-Strider port when you see a group of Dunmer heading down the street the other way. They're all in dark clothes, and most of them sport piercings, tattoos, and that fierce "mohawk" hairstyle. They all look like young men. One of them spots you, and they start nudging each other and staring. "Is that a lost little tree lizard I see?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2017, 08:44:43 am »

Advise Fargoth not to go to Arrille's this evening - instead he ought to meet me over by the lighthouse. I'm looking into something in relation to the town guard, I'll inform the fellow, and I'm pretty sure something's going to be up as night falls. I'll have more information when I meet him!

If he goes for it, excellent! And if not, I guess that's all right as well. In either case I'll spend the rest of the time checking out the lighthouse and seeing who lives there in preparation for the evening's fireworks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2017, 09:02:08 am »

Eetz began to get uncomfortable waiting silently behind the pair. He wasn't particularly good at waiting silently, it was a weakness of his. Scouts weren't meant to wait silently, they were meant to range all over, across ever hill and dale, through damp caves and comfy swamps, delving into the deepest basement and most securely locked delicates drawer!

"HI! I have NO intention of murdering EITHER of you!"

Eetz prided himself on his ability to break ice. Not that there had been much ice to practice on in the black marsh.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2017, 09:34:56 am »

"Taahni, I haven't seen the others with paper and packages so I'll assume we're either the first, or otherwise. Regardless, I think we are being tested in terms of endurance...and patience to move everywhere given these kinds of instructions," Tyri said, examining her paper again after moving to a quiet spot where she could speak to the nice Khajiit.

Quote from: Memory
Proceed to the town of Balmora in Vvardenfell District. Report to a man named Caius Cosades. He will be your superior and patron; you will follow his orders. His residence is not known, but ask at the cornerclub called "South Wall". People there will know where to find Caius Cosades. When you report to Caius Cosades, deliver the package of documents to him, and wait for further orders.

"Good thing is it's straightforward. Would you like to test out Caius' instructions? And when we get there--would you like to go first or me to go first?"

"Taahni does not know why we should hide the fact we shared information of our packages with each other. We can deliver our packages at the same time, there is nothing in the instructions I was given saying that it was not allowed, and Taahni thinks hiding our mutual knowledge would be worse than admitting it immediately."

Walk with Tyrian to Caius Cosades house, don't enter yet.

((Later, in Balmora))

Sometimes, criminals are dogs.

I'm going to need to read that comic now.
((Kazerad has promised that updates will start up again by the end of the month. I eagerly wait.))
((I think you both missed this.))

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2017, 12:35:29 pm »

I finished Prequel. That's a great comic.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18