Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 36666 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen and Balmora
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2017, 05:03:44 pm »

"I really would rather finish my hike on foot, thank you."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2017, 05:22:23 pm »

"I really would rather finish my hike on foot, thank you."

"Suit yourself," he says, and then presses a scroll into your hands. "I insist you take this, though. Read it if you get into trouble." He then casts another spell and vanishes before your eyes.

[3] Continuing your journey, you eventually reach a range of foothills and pass through them out of the swamp. On the other side, you find a rather different landscape, far more open, with rolling hills and mushroom trees. In the far distance to the Northwest you can see a big Imperial fort, with a village about it. To the North and East, you see waterways, either many crisscrossing rivers or the edge of some great lake. The road signs lead you in the direction of the former.

As the sun hangs low in the sky, you encounter someone else on the road. A well-dressed Dunmeri man, handsome too, wearing a cuirass of a very strange make. From what you heard of in the Legion, it must be what's known as "Bonemold." He approaches you. "Greetings, my friend! It is I, Nels Llendo!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2017, 05:29:00 pm »

"I don't believe we've met, sir. My name is Constantine Mentorus."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2017, 05:37:57 pm »

"I don't believe we've met, sir. My name is Constantine Mentorus."

"Well met! Say, Constantine, would you be interested in hearing my very fair proposition?"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2017, 06:57:43 pm »

(Ugh, this guy.)

"I'm sorry, but I must be on my way. I've been interrupted by a rat-eaten corpse and a mage from the sky thus far, and I must get to Balmora at once or the Emperor released me from prison in vain!"
My mods and forum games.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2017, 07:11:01 pm »

(Ugh, this guy.)

"I'm sorry, but I must be on my way. I've been interrupted by a rat-eaten corpse and a mage from the sky thus far, and I must get to Balmora at once or the Emperor released me from prison in vain!"

"Oh? My, what an interesting tale! I'd love to hear more about it over a few drinks." [2] He smiles warmly, "Well, if you want to reach Balmora, all you have to do is give me 50 Septims."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2017, 07:24:45 pm »

With a hand on my sword, I snarl:

"I have no septims, brigand. Do not make this day end in death."
My mods and forum games.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2017, 07:36:15 pm »

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." The dunmer shakes his head. "How regrettable, my friend. And I should regret indeed disappointing the Emperor so. And having to clean your blood out of my finery." He draws a steel shortsword and assumes a fencing stance. "But such is the life of Nels Llendo."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2017, 07:46:24 pm »

"Criminal scum."

Trade blows with my sword and shield.

(Pretty sure this guy was the first person to kill me in Morrowind. I have the Xbox version, so I had to deal with several minute load times every time I died.)
My mods and forum games.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2017, 08:20:10 pm »

"Criminal scum."

Trade blows with my sword and shield.
(20/10, hats off everyone.)

Nels waits for you to draw your sword before attacking. "En garde!"

[4v5] It seems your skills haven't entirely abandoned you, and having a big shield helps. But Nels thrusts quickly and relentlessly, evidently determined not to let you take advantage of your superior protection and reach. You make a few swipes at him, but he parries, then plants a kick on your shield that leaves you wide open! He thrusts forth at your stomach...

[5v1] ...but just as his blade breaks your skin, you release your sword and grab his arm, holding it fast. Even as a burning pain spreads from the wound, he is unable to break your grip. You bring your shield arm around and grab his sword hand, then twist, snapping his wrist. His sword falls to the ground. "NNnngg! Th-that's... ungentlemanly..."

(Pretty sure this guy was the first person to kill me in Morrowind. I have the Xbox version, so I had to deal with several minute load times every time I died.)
(I played a girl the first several times, so I didn't find out his hostile side until later.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2017, 08:37:01 pm »

((Not what I had in mind, but I guess it does actually work!))

"Suran, two weeks. It's a quick enough trip, mind you, but we'll need a little time for things to fall into place, scope things out - I'll catch you over by the temple and we'll work out the specifics and our respective cuts."

"Meanwhile, you said you needed some stuff moved? You're in luck, 'cause in that case I'm your man. Worked the coasts of all of Tamriel in my time. Sugar, skooma, bug musk, slaves, you name it. So what've you got and where do you want it? I've got some people who would be interested, but if you've got somebody specific in mind, I'm all ears."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2017, 08:45:23 pm »

((Not what I had in mind, but I guess it does actually work!))

"Suran, two weeks. It's a quick enough trip, mind you, but we'll need a little time for things to fall into place, scope things out - I'll catch you over by the temple and we'll work out the specifics and our respective cuts."

"Meanwhile, you said you needed some stuff moved? You're in luck, 'cause in that case I'm your man. Worked the coasts of all of Tamriel in my time. Sugar, skooma, bug musk, slaves, you name it. So what've you got and where do you want it? I've got some people who would be interested, but if you've got somebody specific in mind, I'm all ears."

"Well, f'lah, we don't particularly care where the goods go, as long as we get our money. Maybe you'd like to come see what we have so you can get an idea?"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2017, 08:49:00 pm »

(Thanks for all the updates, Hugo.)

Grip the miscreant by the throat.

"You have violated the law! Pay the court a fine or...serve...your..sent...ence. Guess I can't say that anymore, can I. Hm. Look. Just get out of here."

(I feel like I'm drifting a bit from the "straight man" concept towards "Oblivion guard in Morrowind", but I don't really think that's a bad thing. I can probably do both anyway.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:52:13 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2017, 08:54:44 pm »

"Well, show me the goods then," Marcius shrugs.

If permitted, take inventory of the illicit goods in the cavern.

(I feel like I'm drifting a bit from the "straight man" concept towards "Oblivion guard in Morrowind", but I don't really think that's a bad thing. I can probably do both anyway.)

((Later, in Balmora))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:56:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »

((Later, in Balmora))

Sometimes, criminals are dogs.

I'm going to need to read that comic now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:11:31 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18