Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199189 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1410 on: May 01, 2017, 06:52:02 pm »

It would be interesting if we enchanted, say, the boots of our skirmishers. Oh, and perhaps, eventually, the shoes of our horses. Winds of haste, for certain, speed is everything, but stealth might also be good.

Are we still managing to pop the minds of their guards? If so, great.

Next turn, we design hand grenade version of our firebombs, and everything will be great on the skirmish front. We'll be able to use our windy boots of haste and stealth to sneak into their camps, after disabling a few sentries through zen inception, of course, and sabotage their artillery. That should be a priority. If we can use stealth to reach their camps....

How about this instead of everything else we're considering for a revision:
Revise Storm Strike to be useful, even in the middle of the Ar's artificial winter. It'd give us back a badly needed weapon, superior even to our artillery. Especially since there isn't much, as far as I know, stopping us from unleashing a nighttime nightmare storm on their camps.
Firestorm shell reliability revision: (2) Taricus, Devastator
Horse Lamellar: (1) Detoxicated
Revise Hammer of Allah to work in the cold: (1) Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 01, 2017, 06:52:47 pm »

Are we still managing to pop the minds of their guards? If so, great.

They've been protected from that for a long time, IIRC.  They have effective magical detectors.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: May 01, 2017, 06:54:03 pm »

I couldn't remember if it functioned with their sentries. We might want to try and subvert that. If we could win skirmishes and stuff again, we'd likely gain a badly needed advantage.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 01, 2017, 06:55:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure that having raiders immune to all enemy weapons (via antimagic and adamantine armor) save their cannons would be damn useful in skirmishes..  There's also the possibility of adamantine arrowheads, too.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 01, 2017, 06:57:48 pm »

Would be very interesting indeed. So, are we going to try and design this "adamantine" material? And then, what? It'd likely become expensive, so we have to be prepared to deal with that. And I'd really like to earmark the expense chit for ballistae if possible. We don't need them all to be enchanted, but we need more ballistae for infantry work. They only have to be enchanted for anti-artillery stuff.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 01, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »

We'd be designing a spell to make metal harder and tougher.  Then we'd be designing it again as a permanent enchantment, producing 'adamantium'.  Or using a revision if we roll well.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 01, 2017, 07:07:23 pm »

Perhaps not specific to metal, if it can be helped. Being able to make more components of our elite lamellar armor more durable like that would be quite awesome. Perhaps a better approach is to start by giving it magical invulnerability to a certain number of hits/amount of force applied. That way, we don't try to work up to "completely awesome" immediately. And, plus, if we can keep the costs down, spread it among the infantry, our guys might just be able to survive long enough to deal some serious damage.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 01, 2017, 07:11:54 pm »

I want it for metal because over-hard bows or strings or sinews may prevent our troops from moving, or those weapons from functioning.  But if the rigid parts are stronger, there's less odds for new design issues to erupt, and much less of a drawback.  And we are getting an expense chit, so trying for something that might be a little more expensive should be acceptable.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 01, 2017, 07:35:11 pm »

No no no, I mean just enchant armor. I don't want unbreakable bowstrings, because our bowstrings aren't killing us right now. If we could stop one cannonball per person (Cause the soldier dies when he's hit) we would likely defeat their arty. They're probably slow-firing, and the armor makes their archers nonviable....Definitely go for that.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 01, 2017, 07:43:47 pm »

Yeah, that's mostly my thinking.  Enchanting an item seems to require a related spell, though, so we'll need to make a spell that acts like enchant armor, hence one that makes items hard and tough.  The second design/revision would be for making it a permanent thing so we could use it for everything.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 01, 2017, 07:48:08 pm »

It does not require it....but it is helped by having the knowledge. In this case, we ought to go straight to enchanting armor and skip trying to produce things from nothing or whatever.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: May 01, 2017, 08:03:09 pm »

That's what the first design action would be for.  A spell that enchants armor to be stronger.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: May 01, 2017, 08:24:09 pm »

I want to propose as a later development is trebuchets. Not for the artillery aspect, but for using the firestorm shells in a larger area than the balistae.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 01, 2017, 08:25:29 pm »

Catapults, not trebuchets. Catapults are torsion artillery, just like ballistae. It'll give us bonuses to development, we hope.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 01, 2017, 08:33:57 pm »

I think the enchant for our armor is more important, as it will open us up for enchantment magic.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 217