Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199152 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1395 on: May 01, 2017, 06:17:28 pm »

Opening a new front and drawing off troops from the semi-jungle.

Also, got a few ideas for the next turn:
Revision: Horsedrawn Ballistae: While our ballistae have shown themselves to be highly effective on the battlefield, their mobility is limited even with the wheels. With a frame capable of allowing a horse or two to pull it, we can markedly increase the speed with which it can redeploy. If possible we aim to ensure it can fire while mobile as well, giving the arstotzkans a whole lot of grief when they can't catch our ballistae with their ranged fire.

Design: Flamethrower: Using our skill at manipulating airflow and our holy fire, this portable infantry weapon spews redemption at the enemy, immolating any fortunate arstotzkan soul to wander into it's reach.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 01, 2017, 06:17:56 pm »

I require more than one vote before opening or closing a theatre.

0 -Begin assaults on the Northern Tangia
1 -Begin assaults on the Northern Sea: Madman

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 01, 2017, 06:18:32 pm »

I want Adamantium, personally.

Anyway, too soon, lets wait for the combat phase.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 01, 2017, 06:20:44 pm »

So, are we going to try for the North Sea? We can make it from the East Sea (Duh, it's the sea and we're on an island). The surprise alone might have an effect.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 01, 2017, 06:21:43 pm »

Eh, raiding the Taiga maybe.  I don't think we have much to gain by being partly in the next sea over, except warning for an attack into the East Sea.  If we gain any more ground and/or hold in the Mountains, I'm in favor of attacking the Taiga next turn.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:23:38 pm by Devastator »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: May 01, 2017, 06:27:05 pm »

I'm talking ONLY about attacking the North Sea. We attack, take the initiative. We've controlled the East Sea for a while. Let's push them. We gain nothing by staying put. Unless, of course, the reinforcements previously sent to the East Sea theater have been ending up in the West Sea.

If we could manage total naval control, however, we could use our artillery and eventually capture almost any port city or town......or destroy them, if the war comes to that. But we'll never do that unless we take the initiative, now, and attack.

The West Sea is still contented. So, let's split their naval forces. See if they've drawn off defenders to help the West. That will allow us to raid in the far north.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 01, 2017, 06:28:36 pm »

We wait until we've gained the coastline, then we push into the northern sea.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: May 01, 2017, 06:29:31 pm »

We have the Eastern coastline, last I checked. We've controlled it for many turns.

Now we should push them, before they push us. We don't want to go on the defensive, we want to be on the offensive. That way, we have somewhere to fall back to.

We fought a two-front sea war before, let's see if we can win it again. I think we can.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 01, 2017, 06:31:44 pm »

It's the western coastline I want to ensure is secured. We get that and cheaper ships and it's over for them on the sea.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 01, 2017, 06:32:36 pm »

@evictedSaint, I see that you failed to address our goal of having the enchanted ballista fire downwards. Could you address that please? <3
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 01, 2017, 06:33:30 pm »

We've got an entire fleet twiddling its thumbs out east. Have it do SOMETHING. We lose all that firepower by letting it sit. We've got the capability now to sink their ships in droves.

We can't devote the Eastern Fleet to helping the West. It's too far, we'd never get reinforcements back around if they decide to try to retake the East. So we use it to keep them on the back foot everywhere. We HAVE to change the game. Being fixated will kill us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: May 01, 2017, 06:36:10 pm »

I like the encchant steel idea... if we enchant steel to move faster with a internal wind spell we could have super soldiers with super fast steel.

0 -Begin assaults on the Northern Tangia
2 -Begin assaults on the Northern Sea: Madman, Detoxicated

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 01, 2017, 06:38:02 pm »

Just remember, we don't actually have all that much steel in any of our equipment, save weapons. So, weapons that swing extra-fast would be nice, but, realistically, based on eS's GMing, the infantry war is all but over. We'd want to dedicate more designs and revisions to artillery, and how to nullify their artillery.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 01, 2017, 06:43:24 pm »

We are facing a similar problem like a few tics back, we are focusing alot on the ballista, turned out fine so far, but we should also remember to broaden our skills. I feel that if we create a wind of haste or a wind of facade spell we could create small assault squads that take out their cannons, by enchanting the equipment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: May 01, 2017, 06:49:01 pm »

I don't know, they're hitting us with cannons, not machine guns.  I'm betting enchanted armor will make it so there's no more than one kill per cannonball, and if they're shooting at our artillery in arty duels, they can't shoot at infantry with those same ones.  Plus if we have enchanted armor, I'm pretty sure they have zero AP weapons, so we'll get all the way through.

Not only that, they might go to shrapnel or explosive rounds, in which case enchanted armor may stop them all.

There's also nothing exclusive about it.  We can add other things to that after the fact.  And we could make enchanted cavalry armor as well, because we're not making a design and enchanting it, we'd be making what's essentially adamantium.  And I'm damn sure cavalry with immune-to-arrows and swords armor, as well as adamantine spears, could charge their arty and break their ensuing line, routing the lot of them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:52:05 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 217