Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 188868 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1170 on: April 29, 2017, 03:37:22 pm »

Revisions
Standardized Ballista Training: (2) Devastator, Happerry

I don't want to attack into the mountains until we get either cheap Pavises or Pavises on wheels.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 29, 2017, 03:44:34 pm »

Hmm :/

So, on the one hand, I am tempted to try to fix the Gale Stones, given how well we rolled on everything other than their effectiveness.
On the other, I do really like the idea of cheap ballistae. With them, I would be willing to re-open the mountain front, as we'd be able to drive them out of their fortifications without losing hundreds of men to arrow fire.

Eh, I guess I can go with what already has some votes, to speed things along.
Revisions
Standardized Ballista Training and Manufacture: (3) Devastator, Happerry, NUKE9.13
More Powerful Gale-Stones:
Long Live United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 29, 2017, 03:44:47 pm »

Revisions
Standardized Ballista Training: (4) Devastator, Happerry, Crazyabe, NUKE9.13
Orders
Attack in the Mountains as well as the Jungles.  (2) Devastator, Crazyabe
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 29, 2017, 03:46:35 pm »

More shoot! Sunder them!

Revisions
Standardized Ballista Training: (3) Devastator, Happerry, Egan
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 29, 2017, 04:21:44 pm »

Well, Those 'gale' stones should be fairly distracting at least
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 29, 2017, 04:23:06 pm »

Well, Those 'gale' stones should be fairly distracting at least
Actually, I'd rather not deploy them. We don't want to give them a chance to plan around them before they are unleashed at full power.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 29, 2017, 04:25:03 pm »

I dunno, they're basically like normal rocks. Except they fart.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 29, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »

Revision: Standardized Ballista Training [6]

Training siege engineers is a time-consuming process, but it's made easier by a hastily-fashioned "siege workshop" developed in the capitol.  Little more than several workshops crammed together and a cramped shack for schooling, this workshop is where most of our siege engineers and ballistas will be acquired.

The teaching process goes through the basics of geometry and targeting, instructing the users how to fire accurately even without Lucky Strike.  They are also instructed in the crafting and maintenance of the ballistas themselves which allows expedited field repairs and modifications.  Each crew also goes through the process of building their own ballista in the adjoined workshops.  Naturally, no two ballistas are alike after this process, but it allows us to produce more of them and lower their expense level.  Expensive.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 29, 2017, 05:03:50 pm »

Imagine the confusion over in their thread when doubly enchanted (Fart machine and lucky strike) rocks start popping mages' heads?

But crap, of all the bull crap. At least the rocks should SPLIT open. I mean, come on, we rolled a one, yes, big fail. But...making noise? I think we're a little beyond that. And how do you roll a one when, given our plethora of experience of unleashing and controlling wind, you should have AT LEAST a +1 to making the dumb things. You literally can't fail---we've already dealt with this problem in a different form. So, WHY THE CRAP have it be repeated?

How does experience factor into creating these things? Why doesn't it matter when actually rolling to determine what it can do? That seems backwards and ridiculous.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 29, 2017, 05:10:47 pm »

But crap, of all the bull crap. At least the rocks should SPLIT open. I mean, come on, we rolled a one, yes, big fail. But...making noise? I think we're a little beyond that. And how do you roll a one when, given our plethora of experience of unleashing and controlling wind, you should have AT LEAST a +1 to making the dumb things. You literally can't fail---we've already dealt with this problem in a different form. So, WHY THE CRAP have it be repeated?

How does experience factor into creating these things? Why doesn't it matter when actually rolling to determine what it can do? That seems backwards and ridiculous.
Well, it does involve a new sort of enchantment. What can I say, sometimes the dice are merciless.

Without our experience, we probably would've gotten a -1.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 29, 2017, 05:11:10 pm »

Fart rocks should be deployed. It will, uh,lower their morale? Yes, that's what will happen, we'll lower their morale with fart sounds.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 29, 2017, 05:11:26 pm »

I'm betting the experience was why we had the two plus ones and no -1 to effectiveness, because it was a pre-existing spell.

And that roll went great!  It didn't get us super-useful ballista ammo now, but it gave us experience in enchanting items, which is a really awesome field to break into, as well as a magic ammo design that may be fixable via revision rather than design.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:13:03 pm by Devastator »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 29, 2017, 05:17:27 pm »

Fart rocks should be deployed. It will, uh,lower their morale? Yes, that's what will happen, we'll lower their morale with fart sounds.
I doubt it. Anyway, with our plentiful ballistae, we should be able to wreck their fortifications in the mountains. Up and at 'em, boys!
Quote from: Votes
Orders:
Attack the mountains: (3) Devastator, crazyabe, NUKE9.13

Deploy Gale-Stones: (1) Egan_BW
Do not deploy Gale-Stones: (1) NUKE9.13

Regarding the revision credit, I think we can all agree we will be sending them horse-archers, right? We don't need our desert horses, so we can lend them those, and our bows are less useful at the moment, so they too can be lent out. The question is how many troops we send: A token amount, to instruct the locals, or an entire unit's worth?
Quote from: Mercenary proposal
Desert Horses
A bunch of recurve bows
At least enough soldiers to instruct the locals on how to be horse-archers
Possibly some elite troops?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 29, 2017, 05:19:39 pm »

An entire unit's worth. We know full well if the Arstotzkans send their plate knights they're gonna die of heatstroke.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 29, 2017, 05:21:39 pm »

Please reach an agreement on what troops you will offer to send, if any.

Remember: if you win, the troops you send will be absent this turn.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:23:46 pm by evictedSaint »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 217