Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]  (Read 17821 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2017, 06:56:43 pm »

Waitlist me!  I am the future of this game!!!

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2017, 08:21:43 pm »

"Got it Friendo."

As we walked merrily through the village, glance around to see what sort of Tech they have around here.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2017, 10:05:04 pm »

Heeding the warning of the apprentice, find some way to hide the mindtoucher around my neck from sight so as not to attract attention. Attempt reading of the apprentice's mind, finding out what she knows about this 'stone dragon'.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2017, 10:10:58 pm »

Before we go, ask the shopkeep about how one would go about learning magic, and the units of currency used around here.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2017, 04:09:20 am »

Tactile Man and Tech Monkey

"Lead the way, sir. By the way, do you have any healers here? I took a nasty blow from the ogre guarding my cell."

"Of course. And please, warriors such as..yourself do not need to call me with any honorific, my name is Azay. Once we reach my place of residence help yourself to any salves or potions as you please."

Tech Monkey follows behind the too, looking cheerful to the outside observer, whilst scanning the area for technology. There's not much around, apart from what appears to be small objects carried by every third or fourth person, usually in the form of necklaces, bracelets, earrings, crowns. The technology appears to lie in their clothing and jewellery. What they actually do you can't tell.

Azay the hoodless man brings you in front of the largest house, a rather resplendent cabin with decorated carvings on the outside. As Azay turns to Tactile and Tech to speak, a fat man wearing a very large crown steps outside. Azay looks back, surprised.

"My chieftain, I am glad you have roused yourself, these are the warriors fated to deliver us.", Azay says.

The chief looks at him, then at the two of you, then back to Azay. "What."

Theta and SOC

Theta: You don't have anything to obscure the necklace, wearing a grey skintight jumpsuit as you are, but if anybody were to actually care about it around your neck, you get the impression that you could just muddle their consciousness enough so that they don't really notice it.

Curious about the Stone Dragon, Theta reaches into the woman's mind, managing to find the information. It comes in a  stream of images, words, feelings that belong to the hooded woman. All of them are laced with a subtle undercurrent of fear. What can be concretely divined from this woman's mind are stories. Tales passed down orally, as the apprentice magician has no direct knowledge of the Dragon.

[ The actual info will be PMed to you ]

SOC asks the lady about how one actually learns magic around these parts, and the nature of this people's currency.

"The only magic we truly know and understand comes from what can be gleaned from Ancient artefacts, such as what I have showed you. My personal hope is to create artefacts of my own, understanding the principles behind them, to affect change on our land, the skies, and upon our enemies. But to do so, I'd need to learn directly from an Ancient Warrior, have them connect their mind to mine, and none have made contact with our people in generations.", she shakes her head sadly.

"We don't have...currency, as you call it. Resources and items are given in accordance with one's rank and purpose to the people. The greater your use, and your need, the more the people give and allow you to have. Being, well, what you are, I doubt there's much that people would not be willing to offer, provided they see your cause as just."

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2017, 06:01:12 am »

Theta, mind telling me what the lady told you? I give you a secret of my own in exchange for the info..
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2017, 06:48:54 am »

Theta, mind telling me what the lady told you? I give you a secret of my own in exchange for the info..

"Stone dragon's some kinda weight in a cosmic balancing act. Brings about the end of the world so that a new one can be born from the ashes,
 has a powerful cult following, all that nice stuff. Nothing too interesting, come to think of it.
" Theta pauses for a second in thought.

"Y'know, I don't have to barter for knowledge with you- I could just reach in your head and take it."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2017, 06:56:36 am »

Eh, I already promised it to you. "whisper, whisper...."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2017, 10:22:41 am »

Attempt to explain ourselves as far as I understand what's happening. When somebody eventually mentions Team Evil, suggest that I might have seen them on my monitor.

Spoiler: The Tactile Man (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:27:59 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2017, 03:16:48 pm »

"Smell that, Cerberus Jr? Reeks of murder..."

Look for another citizen to mind control. Have him start shouting about his loyalty to the Stone Dragon and how everyone will die at his master's hand. Induce murderous impulses in him.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:03:25 pm by Mallos »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2017, 03:27:58 pm »

Look for another citizen to mind control. Have him start shouting about his loyalty to the Stone Dragon and how everyone will die at his master's hand. Induce murderous impulses in him.
"Eh, once was enough for now. We don't want to be TOO involved with criminal activity, even if it's opposing them. Besides, karma and such. If you still want to go through with this, find a criminal or all-around shady guy to do it to, instead".

Enchant the headband with that head-clenching enchantment I talked about.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2017, 03:54:58 pm »

"Sup."

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2017, 05:05:10 pm »

"Eh, once was enough for now. We don't want to be TOO involved with criminal activity, even if it's opposing them. Besides, karma and such. If you still want to go through with this, find a criminal or all-around shady guy to do it to, instead".

"You're no fun all of a sudden, Cerberus... oh well. I have my ways of amusing myself."

Induce crazy hallucinations in some passerby. Let's see what the mindtoucher has done in way of amplifying my powers...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2017, 10:09:17 pm »

Tactile Man and Tech Monkey

Tactile decides to be the face of the two, explaining what's happened. The monster they fought, how they got here, being attacked by the ape-men-

"Wait. Show me your arm." he implores to Tech Monkey.

Not reacting visibly to the fat man grabbing his arm, Tech doesn't resist. The Chieftain looks at it, an awed expression on his face.

"He carries the blessing of the Ancients! Their greatest weapon, the fluidity of form, you two are the warriors that were promised.  But then who were the other two..."

At this, Tactile chimes in, helpfully explaining noticing two other individuals in the place where they all started, having seen them through computer monitors. When pressed for general physical descriptions, Tactile obliges, causing the Chieftain to bury his face in his hands.

"Those bastards!  Claiming to be our deliverers, when they lack the Weapon. I am a fool for not thinking of it, I'd only heard of the Warrior's blessing in legend, of course it would be as visible as your arm is."

"Guards! Find them, and bring them to me."

The Chieftain then gives both Tactile and Tech the rundown on the situation with the Stone Dragon, giving them the same spiel.

SOC and Theta

Channeling his eldritch energies into the band, SOC successfully imbues it with the ability to constrict the life of whoever is wearing it. It smells vaguely of sulphur and decay, but looks much more fashionable, with a faint glow of blacklight shimmering around it.
[ -1 Death Charge, remove it from your inventory ]

"...I suspect you have more potential in the world-shaping arts than even my mentor." says the hooded magician apprentice.

Theta, annoyed at SOC's caution, decides to test the necklace's amplifying effects, activating hallucinations in a woman passing by the building. It is only a half-hearted attempt, yet the woman responds more forcefully to her visions than expected, swatting at insects as if they are actually there. The necklace is certainly working.

The woman, in her frenzy to get rid of the bugs besieging her, accidentally slaps an approaching man in the face, dressed in the same warrior garb and armed with a spear and shield. To Theta's alarm, 7 more guards form up behind the first one, eight in all.

"You have been summoned by the Chieftain for the crime of deceiving our lord. What say you?"

Please update your inventories and post them with your turn, in case I forget any bonuses given by any items and powers. Thanks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2017, 10:18:18 pm »

(I would just like to point out that we never said that we were THE heroes. Just "great heroes". Once we get a chance to explain this, alongside some held-back mental calming by you, Theta, we should be good)

"Please, if we deceived the great lord of this village, then can you tell us that we deceived him about? This could all just be a misunderstanding. Do not attempt force on us, since, due to my magics, my attacks would have trouble..being..nonlethal".

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13