Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]  (Read 17814 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2017, 06:53:47 pm »

"Yo, Legendary Warrior here. Azay sent my to pick some magical stuff for like, some Dirtmen or something?  Anyways, I'm just gonna be taking some shit."

Pick up some of the cooler looking artefacts and store them in my Morph arm.

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:12:26 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2017, 06:59:57 pm »

(Whoops, thought I posted my action already.)

Attempt to lure another Rockman, and then dodge around so they punch each other apart.

Spoiler: The Tactile Man (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2017, 08:16:32 pm »

Again! Drain his life from the exposed part his arm once was! Not immediately, though, wait a few moments and wait for when he least expects it...

Spoiler: SOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:12:29 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2017, 09:47:30 pm »

Take my scourge back. If the barrier prevents me from doing so, try the mind controlling another guard to give me his weapon plan again. Use whatever weapon I end up with to enter a defensive posture and prepare from further attacks from the mentally shrink-wrapped rock man.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2017, 05:20:50 am »

Taking advantage of the situation, Tech Monkey decides to do some looting. First, he picks up a blue metal star, with a brilliant ruby in the centre.

"That's a Traveller's Friend. It...moves you. To wherever you're looking, as far as your eye can see. Just touch the ruby and focus, and it will take you where you want to go. Just make sure you can see where you're going.", the woman says. [ Teleport to anywhere the naked eye can see Teleporting into physical objects results in instant death. ]

Next, Tech picks up a wristband, embossed with gold patterns. "That...is less useful, I'm afraid. The Life Band does the opposite of what you'd think it would, it drains the energy from your body and launches it outward. [ drains one level of life from you, deals twice as much damage to opponent. ]

"Hope you're satisfied with those two, cause I think we have company."

Turning around, Tech sees 2 Rockmen enter the hut. The way out is blocked.

[ Tech currently fighting: 2 ]

Tactile Man attempts to draw the attention of another Rockman, and succeeds. A little too well, as two Rockmen as opposed to one approach. Utilising all of his finesse, Tactile positions himself so that when one of the approaching Rockmen hit him, he'd be able to instantly dodge and the blow would instead strike the prone Rockman. The ploy works, as a stoney uppercut misses Tactile and lands on the Rockman just getting up. The Rockman that got hit has its chest partly caved in, and a veritable torrent of blood is pouring out. The injured Rockman starts convulsing slightly, but still moves forward.

Tactile is now surrounded by the 3 Rockmen [ Currently fighting: 3 ]

Meanwhile, SOC senses opportunity to finish off his opponent, and tries to find a better angle with which to unleash his Death Tentacles ( Death-tacles? You can trademark it later ).  The Rockman waves its nearly severed left arm, and your two tentacles both reach out and entrap it! The Rockman moves too slowly and inefficiently to shake the tentacles off, and you drain a very large dose of life out. To SOC's surprise, the entire thing collapses, starting from the limbs then spreading inwards, until even the chest crumbles. Beneath the rubble, you see mounds of flesh, necrotised and decayed from your power.

[ SOC has gained 1 Death Charge!  Update your sheet correspondingly. ]

Theta faces a certain conundrum. The Rockman is frozen, yes, but his scourge is frozen inside the telekinetic entrapment forcefield along with it. The barrier will not budge, and Theta is not willing to let his forcefield down. Instead, he decides to acquire armament elsewhere. Reaching out to a nearby guard's mind, Theta asks for his weapon. However, due to the forceful suggestion, combined with some enhancement from the Necklace, something slightly different occurs. The guard, from Theta's psychic point of view, basically loses all of his sentience. Feeling into the guard's mind, Theta sees nothing there. Theta's will had completely overwritten this poor bastard's sapience.

[ Theta has gained a psychic-thrall! Add him to your updated inventory. ]

The guard, now basically a slave capable of reacting to Theta's commands as readily as his own body, stands behind the telekinetically glad wrapped Rockman, ready to stab it in the chest with a spear. Theta waits, but the force shield does not drop, not yet.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2017, 09:30:36 am »

Keep getting my Rockmen to punch each other.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2017, 04:20:28 pm »

Stop both of the Rockmen temporarily, then morph my arm into a long tendril with the telescopic baton at the end.  Use the extra reach my tentacle arm provides to safely whack the Rockmen from a distance.

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2017, 01:42:28 am »

Have guard thrall attack rockman in front of me or at least stand on guard until the hold breaks. Prepare myself to defend against the rockman's possible attack,
 once again.

Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2017, 05:56:16 am »

Pick the child back up, and attempt to find a medical center of some sort to get him treated at. If any other Rockmen are there, place kid at another hidden spot nearby and scythe an arm off so that I can reasonably Life drain them.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2017, 07:27:25 pm »

Tactile Man decides to put on the best showing of his life, attempting to get the surrounding 3 rockmen to hit each other, like some sort of geological slapstick routine. As he attempts to bait the one in front of him to attack, Tactile feels both his arms grabbed simultaneously by the other two Rockmen. Uh oh. It appears that the Rockmen are capable of very precise synchronisation attacks, and now you can't move.

The Rockman at Tactile's front unceremoniously drives its fist into Tactile's sternum. Judging by the sound, and the crippling agonising pain, something is certainly broken. [ Tactile Man's life is in Danger ]

[Tactile currently being crushed by: 3 Rockmen ]

Dropping the two items momentarily, Tech raises his normal left hand to immobilise the Rockmen. It doesn't work. The right gears just don't click together in Tech's mind, and his power is unable to issue forth with the same potency. Both parties undeterred, the Rockmen plod forward, whilst Tech turns his right arm into a gelatinous whip, with the baton at the end.

Tech swings the baton from a  distance, but the Rockman in the lead catches the baton, more by chance than anything else, and rips it from the fluid, shapeshifting arm. Lacking the fine motor control to actually use it, the Rockman simply tosses it aside.

Now Tech's just down to his power and arm. He does notice that the arm of the Rockman that came into contact with Tech's shapeshifting arm is burning, as if struck by acid.

[Tech currently fighting: 2]

Theta positions his new pawn right in front of the Rockman, just in time for the barrier to break. The Rockman stumbles to the floor, all of its momentum and prior movement stopped by the telekinetic hold. Theta's guard takes this opportunity to stab the thing right in the chest. The spear goes straight through the Rockman's chest, collapsing the bastard.

The guard stands upright, awaiting further orders, as he will do for the rest of his life, by the looks of it.

SOC, having tasted sweet sweet victory, and with his death-lust being sated, decides to do the moral thing and get the kid to safety. Picking up the child, you can't help but notice the lack of breathing. It appears the kid's wounds were fatal. You lay the kid down, your feelings about this, or lack thereof, known only to you. SOC is still a bit of a distance away from most of the action.

[ 15 Rockmen currently remaining ]
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2017, 07:52:33 pm »

Escape, try to get to Ajay's house.

(I wonder, since SoC's powers allow him to drain life energy and imbue the resulting death charges into things, could he steal life from others and use it to revive the recently dead kid? I'd volunteer, but I don't see him or know his powers.)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:40:28 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2017, 07:55:07 pm »

"Huh."

Use my whip arm to slap the Rockman across the head.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2017, 07:55:28 pm »

Do I see SoC with the recently dead kid?

Nope, he's not in visual range.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2017, 08:25:04 pm »

"Now may be a good time to withdraw... but not without Cerberus Jr."

Command thrall to follow and protect me. Look for Junior.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2017, 11:42:47 pm »

Hoo boy, am I gonna have some fun with this one (if I get in).

Please pm me if I do get in, by the way.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:02:40 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13