Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70

Author Topic: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev  (Read 45230 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev
« Reply #465 on: April 01, 2017, 02:48:57 am »

The injured all but outnumber the healthy as you march homewards. As you turn in your saddle to look back to the east, you are suddenly overcome by a feeling that you narrowly avoided a terrible fate.
Woo, intuition. I felt the same when I noticed them camping and THEN raiding us.

A, C.
Mystery man with Heavy Cavalry o_O Wonder what's their deal. Something exotic? The others can wait/be based on this one maybe.

And we are NOT forcing our refugee people into service or it'll hit morale. Unless, that's the thing that we'll make up for? Otherwise I envision this Queen to be practically benevolent.

Edited because Iiteum makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:58:15 am by Tiruin »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 01, 2017, 02:55:35 am »

A, C.  We can drop the draft later, right now volunteers aren't likely to be forthcoming.  Also, the armourer is our bestie, of course we'll see him first.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 01, 2017, 06:28:24 am »

A,A
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 01, 2017, 12:27:39 pm »

A tie, you say? For something that isn't super critical? Coin flip time... A it is!

You issue a draft. Predictably, the people are not super thrilled, though few people actually complain, and you get a decent number of fresh recruits.

The mystery man is let into the throne room. He is dressed in practical clothes, but your trained eye recognises the fabric as being an expensive and hard to find one. He wears a handful of rings made of varied metals, as well as a small pair of spectacles and a curious hat. He bows deeply before addressing you.

"Accept, if you would, my most humble salutations on this fine day. I am Quintus Quintus, and I am an alchemist."

You sit up as he mentions his profession. Alchemists are rare- at least, competent ones are.

"I have travelled far, over many months, chasing a whispered rumour I heard from a merchant far north of here. With the straightest of faces did he claim to have seen a beautiful maiden ride into town with the head of an actual dragon slung over her horse. I heard similar rumours as I travelled here, strengthening my resolve and filling my heart with hope that they might be true. If they are, a substantial sum I am prepared to pay for any parts you are willing to part with- especially the blood, if you have it."

A-Sold, to the man in the weird hat!
B-Alright, let's negotiate.
C-Dragon? What dragon? Sorry, no dragons here.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 01, 2017, 12:28:59 pm »

B, lets see how much he wants to pay for the blood. And maybe learn what he could make with it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 01, 2017, 12:32:04 pm »

B, we're wise so this is usually the optimal choice
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 01, 2017, 01:23:23 pm »

B

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 01, 2017, 01:33:56 pm »

"So it's true, you do possess dragon blood? That is fantastic news! Of course, I will pay handsomely."

He claps his hands, and two knights enter the throne room carrying a small chest. They present it to him, and he takes a key out of a hidden pocket and unlocks it. He then opens the chest and presents you with its contents.
The gold shimmers in the torchlight, pure and unblemished, in neat bars, stamped with the Imperial treasury's insignia.

"Two such chests I can offer you for the remains of the dragon, or one for just the blood. Any questions?"

A-Nope. Let's talk about what I'm willing to sell.
B-I think a dragon is worth a little more than that. What else can you offer?
C-What do you even want this stuff for?
D-Hang on, you're an alchemist, how do I know that gold is real?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 01, 2017, 01:35:46 pm »

C

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 01, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »

C

Somehow I haven't posted in this thread yet.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 01, 2017, 01:48:27 pm »

C

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 01, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »

"Oh, this and that"

You press him for a better answer.

"Truthfully? I don't really know. In ancient tomes I have read of dragonblood being a potent alchemical ingredient, though I had previously dismissed that as a fabrication. However, exactly what it was used for I do not know. That is why I require all the blood you have, so that I can perform many experiments on it to discover its properties."

You are willing to pay that much for something that might not even do anything?, you ask incredulously.

"Oh, but the research alone would be priceless. I could be the first in the modern era to write a treatise on dragonblood. Even if that treatise says little more than 'it does nothing', I would be lauded by my peers as a trailblazer. And I highly doubt that the blood of such an... exotic beast does absolutely nothing."

"Have you any more questions?"

A-Nope. Let's talk about what I'm willing to sell.
B-I think a dragon is worth a little more than that. What else can you offer?
C-Hang on, you're an alchemist, how do I know that gold is real?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 01, 2017, 02:03:57 pm »

B

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 01, 2017, 02:24:55 pm »

C

I'd rather piss him off a little than end up with disappearing gold.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70