Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106365 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1545 on: April 17, 2018, 08:22:58 am »

The mercenary scratched the back of his head.
: "...Just something that seemed odd. The best light magic users usually have something to do with Mordo."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 18, 2018, 01:06:36 am »

"Ah... You're most kind.  All of you.  And we'll gladly accept the help, but..."

Martyn paused, long enough to tuck the pyrite beneath his cloak.  Long enough for Kaldach to ask his question, as he rubbed his chin, examining the ceiling.  Apparently, if Rhea was actually bothering to watch them, maybe she was showing a bit of favor.  Maybe persuading Viterine to support them would be easier than he'd believed.

"Mister Creos, you mentioned visits to Qun, correct?  And am I right to assume you belong to one of the Guilds here?"

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:09:05 am by Lucus Casius »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 18, 2018, 07:12:27 am »

"No membership, but I know some of the guys, and I'm well respected here. As for Qun, sometimes I traffic goods out that way, though I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to do that with a contract out for me. I assume you have a reason for asking?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 18, 2018, 10:01:56 am »

"My people have lived under the occupation for too long.  We can't continue to survive like this, with the yoke of the oppressors upon our neck.  The countryside decays under their oversight, food and wealth is stolen and shipped back to their cities, those who speak out against it die.  If they are fortunate.  But as the situation is, few have the strength to rise without aid.  So..."

"We're looking for support.  Material and military."

"Against Mordo."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 18, 2018, 10:38:44 am »

Creos stopped smiling. "I see. You and your people are out of Izzarra then." He looked over the group. "...Or at least you're in their interests. I gotta tell you, you're asking for a lot. I'm not sure what you think I can do for you. These men here-" The merchant gestured to the four men standing beside him. "-are about as much military support as I could hope to call on, and they're under route protection work." The three riders shuffled uncomfortably. "To be honest, I'd love to help. But the money and resources I have wouldn't be able to relax Mordo's grip on your country in the slightest. I'm sorry."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 18, 2018, 12:10:56 pm »

"Eh? What kinda shit is that? Yer can still send weapons an' food an' the like to the resistance, even if it ain't much." She scowled. "An' ev en iffn you ain't 'elpin', yer gotta know someone 'oo can."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 18, 2018, 12:13:58 pm »

"My friend here is right. Every little helps to break their hold over the Izzarrans."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 18, 2018, 02:26:19 pm »

Creos raised his hands, grimacing. "Hey now, getting weapons and food into Izzarra is the same as putting it in Mordo's hands, your man here said it himself. Me sending caravans of goods wouldn't do anything for your cause." Creos let his hands fall back onto the table. "I can do my best to throw my weight around if you need connections, but unless you can get a way to get your wagons into the country without being raided by the army..." He shrugged helplessly.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: April 21, 2018, 04:34:22 pm »

"A way to get wagons in..."

Without a full military to open up a proper route, it would be difficult to manage conventionally.  But on the other hand, if there were people who could manage to sneak it in...

"We know a group.  Didn't get caught up in the Mordo raids, so far as I know.  And they've moved goods in and out of Izzarra before."

"If we could put you in contact with them, would you be willing to try it?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: April 21, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »

"Hey, you saved my life, and I'm not above a little philanthropy now and again. If you can trust these people, I'm willing."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: April 24, 2018, 09:37:33 pm »

"So long as they can get some profit out of it, I'm pretty sure they'll take it."

Martyn took a bit of paper and piece of charcoal, quickly scribbling a few lines down before handing it over to the man.

"Memorize this, then burn it.  Best not to let anyone overhear their contact information.  I understand they get touchy about that sort of thing."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 25, 2018, 06:16:25 pm »

"Some real cloak and dagger stuff, eh? Don't worry, I'll be careful." Creos took the paper and stuffed it deep into his coat. "I'm not sure how long I'll be able to funnel resources into your country, but I'll do what I can as long as I can. Anything I can do for you in a more immediate sense?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 25, 2018, 06:30:14 pm »

The mercenary kept his silence as Martyn spoke, no doubt out of preference for letting the more carefully-spoken man work. A couple moments after the merchant's last words, though, a low grumble sounded from Kaldach's gut. His mouth slanted, as if reminded of more immediate priorities.
: "...If you're offering, then maybe you can spot for a couple rooms and board at this, or some other inn close by. Been a long trip coming here."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 25, 2018, 06:32:06 pm »

Creos drummed his fingers against the table a few times, frowning. "...Yes, I suppose I could do that as well. One room for your men and another for your women should be sufficient I trust?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 25, 2018, 06:41:29 pm »

: "Works for me. 'less anyone has any better ideas." The mercenary briefly looked toward Martyn and the others.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 146