Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223626 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"Right, she's not awakened. And also right, I haven't." While that might have sounded like something she'd follow up on, Yuki did not suddenly launch into an explanation of why or talk about her mother some more.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef blinked a few times, at the unexpected exertion that it had taken. He'd always supposed that the portals were the source of most effort. If he'd thought harder, maybe he'd have considered that a medium sized explosion would take a bit of effort. But he hadn't.

"Well, alright." Used as he was to lowering the power of his regular shots in sparring, he performed the same procedure, carefully constricting his power output before firing another round into the sand to detonate.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Well, uh. . ." She was fairly certain she didn't want to push the topic if Yuki was going to be this reticent. "I don't really know much about moms, but if you ever do want to, you could talk to me, I guess." She clapped one hand onto Yuki's shoulder. "I'm your friend, yknow?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki smiled a bit. Not the normal wide grin she had, just a normal one, which was... different, to say the least. "Thanks. I appreciate that and I'll think about it." And then she promptly took another big gulp of her drink, and back to normal. "Same goes for you, yeah? For your brother or stuff... I don't have a brother but I have a sister... just one that's basically the same age as me... who I met like what a month ago or maybe two... prooobably not relevant experience now that I say it out loud, heh."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
That works out well enough and what people did come closer decide to draw away given that a man shooting at the ground isn't terribly exciting.

"Great! Now to figure out how to make it purely concussive, how does that explosive bullet work anyway?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, let's see. It's a variation of the propelling enchantment. Couple of years ago, I tried duplicating in the actual bullet rather than the standard 'make the bullet transfer it's energy well and have a lot of it' sort of thing. Seemed to work. Since then, it's gotten some power, overrideable impact detonation, and such."

"That any help?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Yes! That makes this simpler, we just need to get it to push instead of blowing up. Hmm... maybe try just making the blast more concussive?"
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:26:59 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well that's astoundingly helpful--" He cut himself off abruptly. "Sorry."

"I'll try that." He wasn't sure exactly how to just make it more concussive but not explosive, maybe more force, but slower? He took another shot, just trying to feel the shot as more pushy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:38:55 pm by Strider03 »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko took the shift in Yuki's expression to indicate that they were going back to non-serious conversation. She took a few sips of her own drink, too, though perhaps didn't suck it down quite the way the twintailed girl did. "Yeah, that scenario has to be weird. I mean, maybe not as weird as finding out magic as real. Unless your sister came from someone's magical realm, heh." It occurred to her that the joke was probably a bad idea for a couple reasons shortly after she made it. Normally she caught those kinds of things well before this point. . . though Yuki probably wouldn't get it, so she was safe.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I mean, I was already pretty convinced magic was real and I just couldn't see it," she pointed out, "Ehehe, it was fun being proven right~! But yeah, the bit with Faith is honestly a liiittle weird, but I'm just happy to have a little sister like her. It's been really nice." She definitely did not get any... interesting implications that the statement might have had.
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
The shot just goes off normal. So it turns out just feeling up your shot doesn't actually amount to much, aside from maybe sexual harassment charges filed on behalf of an inanimate object.

"Maybe try layering the enchantments and making them go off in sequence?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That might work, but I don't know if sand is the best test. Layered small explosions might be less effective at moving sand for the same energy, benefits might only appear for solid things?" Like those metal plates from earlier. Applying the force from an explosion multiple times might be more efficient at moving it than a single hit, which would bend or rip it apart.

Still though, the sand could at least tell if the layering worked at all. Shef took a little more time than before, layering in the explosive enchantments, less energy fed into each. Each one going off would serve as the trigger for the next, though Shef could see some uses for changing that up. When he was ready, he took another shot at the sand.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Good point, be right back, don't go anywhere."
And with that she dashes off with a little more haste than you'd normally expect.

You layer your enchantments, linking each to the one before, an explosion stretched across time, turning a destructive blast into a violent gust, that's the idea anyway. Seems to work, but like you said, there's a pretty big difference between firing at sand and firing at something a little more solid.

Ren returns soon enough, several metal plates in hand. "I've been thinking, you can trap things with portals right? We could use that, I think. Is that something you added to them?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

". . . Yes. Rather recently in fact, surprised you know about that." As a demonstration, he held out a hand for one of the plates, and set it in the air within a portal, constricting the circumference as he would in combat.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Oh that, they gave us all your combat logs. If you added that to your portals, try adding that to your concussion bullet, try and layer the explosions until they're a really short continous one instead of several."
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 285