Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223625 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Right, that makes more sense than just telling you or asking someone to write up summary. What sorts of things can one get from those?" He'd nodded at the suggestion regarding the portal thing. If he could implement the structure that let the rims of his portals act solid into the bullet, it might help a bit with transferring the shockwave to a target.

Shef faltered a little at the attempts to weave this many aspects of a spell together into the one package. It wasn't impossible, just, not something he was certain he could get right. Delicately, he removed all but one of the layered concussive explosions, adding the solid force portion on top of that. If he could get it to one, he might be able to get it to work for all of them, and perhaps with just one detonation, it'd be an easier start.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Context, tactical summary, observed abilities, and... general findings."

Your round strikes the plate and puffs up with a rippling wave of force, the plate moves but it's more from the bullet than anything else. Still the force membrane seems to have held. Now there's the matter of putting the other layers back on.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Is that all, Minato had asked? And the response he got from Faith, instant and almost unbidden, was a sharp laugh, one perhaps not devoid of mirth but certainly devoid of any bubbliness. Boy, Faith thought, he really didn't have any idea what he was getting into right now, did he? Well... he wouldn't, she supposed. She'd been keeping it all really quiet up until now, after all. She sighed and deflated somewhat -- yeah, she still didn't think she was ready. She'd be a bawling mess if she tried to go through everything, and... she really didn't want to collapse into a bawling mess again. God knew she'd done it enough already.

Faith looked up at Minato, a sad and sheepish little "smile" on her face. "I... I'm sorry, Minato, but I'm not comfortable talking about it. This... well, even admitting this much was really hard on me, and I'm going to already be at my limit talking about it, I think. I don't think I could really take talking about anything else. But... it isn't a problem, is it? The harassment. It's just... the reason I admitted this is because I know I've snapped at you before, but there's a reason why I do. This kind of thing is hard for me, and it can..." Faith mentally revised her phrasing -- "it can feel like harassment" would way too harsh and she suspected Minato would take it very poorly. "I just have boundaries that are really easy to cross. I know it's not fair for you, but..." She shrugged, visibly somewhat miserably, and didn't continue.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

So she didn't want to say anything more. Minato didn't blame her. It was difficult to talk about something like that. He wouldn't know, but he'd seen it enough times already. Minato breathed deeply for a few moments, eyes fixed on Faith.

Slowly, gently, after a few moments, he moves to give Faith a tight hug, without another word.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That last one sounds rather vague. . . anyway, that mean you can supply general combat advice, critiques and such? I'd assume you're qualified to do so."

Shef set about adding a few more of the detonations to the round, and tried once more.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

As usual, Yuki remained oblivious. She probably wouldn't have appreciated a comment like that, had she known. "I was convinced magic wasn't real despite being able to see it. That was fun." Noriko felt her mood slipping, so she took another sip of her beverage (which was starting to get rather low at this point, if one could describe an orb as such) and took the opportunity to redirect the conversation. "So what was that weird thing you did earlier, anyway? What with the disappearing and then passing out thing."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"You want me to be completely, totally honest?" Yuki said, and then giggled a little, and leaned in, whispering as if this was some dark secret. "I have absolutely no idea~! I don't think I disappeared so much as moved super super quickly? It's like some super mode thing you'd see in anime! I think! I think they're probably gonna want to figure out what was happening there, ehehe."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"I'd like to think so."

Success. The membrane expands like an airbag as it strikes the plate, forcing it backwards. You notice however, that the membrane broke before the blast terminated, this could be problematic when you increase the power further.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:35:57 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"How much do you charge?"

Noting the failure of the force barrier fairly soon, Shef tried again, This time, two plates set up, at equal distances from himself, and he fired a shot at each, in turn. The first had a number of detonations limited to hopefully no break the force membrane before the final blast, the second with as much as he could easily fit into the bullet. If the former worked better, that'd be interesting. If it didn't, well it would be useful to note how much better the last second one was.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Oh, no, I don't do this professionally or anything, I'm just here since I ran into Noriko and she was new to all this." She gestures vaguely to her surroundings.

Full-load membrane-free works better. Though there are differences, full-load is like a blast of air, membrane is like something that slammed into it, a more solid blow. More efficient by the looks of it, potentially more powerful too, if you can stabilize it.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef raised his eyebrows.". . . That was me asking if I could get advising at some point."

Nodding back towards the plates, he commented, "I think that's about what I want, but the force aspect is breaking or disappearing halfway through, so I'm losing out a bit on efficiency. Not sure why. . . "

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"Oh, sure then. Maybe try mixing it together with the blasts? It might be too weak and getting ripped open by the blasts, so if you blend them together so they're mixed together a bit better..."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Worth a shot." Once more, layering in the membrane almost in between the blasts. Shef had little confidence in this though, it felt as though the structure was getting overly complex. If he couldn't rapidly create these mid combat, it wouldn't be worth it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
This time it works properly, the bullet ballooning out into a rippling field that launches the plate away on impact. Trouble is, as you figured, it's not exactly a quick enchant job, you're using less energy than a tracer round sure, but you're also taking a good deal more time to prep it, hardly the sorta thing you wanna do at a moment's notice.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes, that's a bit better. Bit complex for in battle maybe. Thanks though."

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 285