Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 222678 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2017, 04:31:09 pm »

"You guys should be able to hide your weapons away. It's an Awakened thing. You know, like in all the shows where they have weapons they pull out of nowhere."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2017, 04:54:38 pm »

Minato
"Understood. We'll be waiting for you."

Shef
"The dress acts as a magical focus while the spear adapts to the user's capabilities. And you could just do what you always do, stash it away or pretend to be a cosplayer."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2017, 08:18:30 pm »

"Right. Basic info: The dress acts as a 'magical focus' adapting itself to your abilities. As for hiding it, you should be able to make it disappear and appear at will. I can't give any advice on that, but you should be able to do it. Of course, as Winter says, you could just pretend to be a cosplayer. He spoke this over his shoulder, continuing to weave his way up the street. Shef made a point of remaining near enough to those behind him so that passersby would not overhear too much.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2017, 08:26:55 pm »

Minato gestures to that, a little confused as to why Shef had said exactly what he just did.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2017, 02:58:22 am »

"Hmmm, all of my armor is under my shirt so I guess I'm fine... whew. O-Oh, it's catching up to me now how crazy this all is..." Faith just followed along.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2017, 03:43:47 am »

"Yeah. I know the feeling too. I've only been doing this two years."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2017, 03:39:17 pm »

Noriko frowned at the spear for a moment. The dress vanished, replacing it with her (still somewhat dirty from the fall earlier) uniform, complete with her shoes coming back. A couple more moments of frowning and the spear vanished too. "That's pretty convenient." She glanced down at herself and sighed. "I'd better not lose my job over this. I know it's not practical to go back right now, but I'm just worried. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2017, 03:52:47 pm »

Shef glanced back, noticing the disappearance of the regalia. "Good. I think we should be able to smooth things over with the job."
Hopefully, it wouldn't be a problem. The agency had great resources, and it seemed that the girl hadn't actually done anything punishable. In the worst possible scenario, they might be looking for Shef himself. In the best case scenario, the staff would have returned, confused, but unaware of anything that had occurred.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2017, 08:09:27 pm »

Okay so you all head over to the shopping/business district, it's a bit of a walk, though not too far by bus and you aren't getting attacked by electrical appliances at least.

You come to an intersection on the main street.

In the corner, sleek and futuristic is Mirai Systems. Plastic white and obsidian black juxtaposed, decorative lights adding a splash of color. If you went off the name and logo, you'd think it's a tech company, and it is, technically. The white section is a fast food outlet popular for its "spring rolls", and while it does serve traditional spring rolls, most of its menu consist of dishes miniaturized into the form of wraps of similar size and appearance, the most popular ones being the kebab, the peking duck, the curry & naan, and the burrito. Unsurprisingly, its convenience makes it very popular amongst students, businesspeople, and anyone else eating lunch in a hurry. The black section is a substantially classier bar, priding itself on personalized service with each booth having its own entertainment screen and served by its own "technician", a bartender of sorts who mixes up a variety of sample "tasters" and custom drinks from a variety of synthesized fluids which offer a lot more freedom and control over what they can make, the computation required to devise said fluids apparently being quite hefty. It also offers more expensive private rooms with their own music and karaoke if anyone's up for it.

Now all of this, as one may imagine would be prohibitively expensive. Would be, were it not subsidized. The takeaway containers, the entertainment screens, the monitors lining where people queue up, they've all got ads. And the more they subsidize the costs, the more they cheapen everything, the more people come, and the more people come, the more they rake in from selling those ad slots. Add to that close ties and friendly relations with many of the startups here, ties and relations that pay in mutual discounts and benefits, and you start getting an idea of how it makes its profit.

And of course, magic. They have connections to the Awakened community after all, and while magic isn't something they count on, it certainly doesn't hurt their profit margins. As such it isn't too bad a place to meet with contacts or hear of recent happenings.

Down the street from Mirai Systems is the safehouse. Strictly speaking it isn't yours. It's a facility under the control of some particularly vicious Godslayer-affiliated Mononoke. You're more tenants, guests under their protection because the owners owe Winter for services rendered. Like most safehouses it manifests as a pocket dimension entered by walking down the street and accessing it through spirit energy manipulation. To an outside observer, you'll have just vanished into the crowds.

This one in particular takes the form of the upper floors of several shopping buildings which are in surprisingly pristine condition seeing as plants are growing over them in parts, with vines crawling up signs and trees sprouting from parts of the floor. The outer windows have been replaced with walkways over the crystal clear water below, unshielded from the clear sky above, and the soft breeze. The water may look startlingly deep, but, anyone going for a swim will find that it naturally raises them back up to the surface, so drowning isn't much of an issue.

Not too hard on the eyes. Especially not those of anyone on guard duty. Shopping center means cameras, potential ambush locations, rallying points. The clear skies and clear water means nowhere to hide. The plants are wards and sensors, and the breeze is strong enough to carry scents and weak enough as to not steal away sounds. Deep, deep below in the submerged depths lies the control center. You do not have access to it. That is why the water brings you back.

You have access to the upper floors, the few above the water's surface. You've a few rooms to stay in if you wish, fully furnished, the separated from the rest of the facility with heavy warding. You've got company in the form of the Mononoke, though unless you like listening to a bunch of plushies squeek out "KILL.", you'd best bring your own.

Enn and Winter are waiting for you in the allocated rooms.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:46:52 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2017, 12:05:24 am »

Noriko would have liked to breathe deeply and enjoy the place - it was quite nice, some might even say beautiful, with the juxtaposition of nature and modern architecture and the clear skies above - but there was far too much on her mind. Not that it was all negative; certainly, the threat of being killed by an Aramitama was worrisome, and she was still in her uniform, but it felt good to know that she hadn't been insane all these years. Hell, this meant she could stop worrying about any medications they might have wanted to put her on. In hindsight, it was rather obvious why they hadn't done much anyway.

"So where are these associates at, anyway? And are we going to be staying here?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2017, 12:08:57 am »

"Oh, wow," Faith breathed as she took a look through the safehouse. "Oh, this is absolutely beautiful. This is the kind of thing that is just lying around when, well, magic is involved...?" "KILL." "Uh... these things are supposed to be here, right? Like, they're not enemies? Because they're kinda saying "kill" a lot."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:12:19 am by Powder Miner »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2017, 06:35:19 am »

"Don't mind those. They shouldn't hurt you..." Shef marched decidedly on. While he enjoyed the architectural style, his mind was otherwise occupied. It was pleasant though, even if he didn't glance about often.

"Our superiors are a few floors up. And no, I doubt you'll be staying here. There are rooms for each of yo available, should you need them though.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2017, 06:39:09 am »

"Yeah. We sorta rented the place from these things. They're just like the things we fought earlier, but friendly. For a price."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2017, 07:43:25 am »

Yuki was rather enthusiastic about the prospect of the safe house. "SUPER SECRET BASE! That's awesome. That's just really awesome. Also the place is kinda awesome looking."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2017, 07:47:34 am »

"Yeah. It's kinda awesome."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 285