Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223410 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #1095 on: September 08, 2017, 08:53:40 am »

New Scene: Noriko
It's some time after your shift, work has proven to be as dreary as always, possibly more than ever seeing as the shit you see you can no longer write off as hallucinations.

Still, it pays the bills, what few you have nowadays in between moving to the safehouse and Winter informing you of how you can get a salary of sorts for the whole Godslaying gig. That, and whatever the fuck Minato has in stall for you.

Honestly you're not sure how much longer you'll be sticking around here all things considered, and truth be told, despite what you've said, you'll miss it. Okay that's a lie, but you get the point, things are a changing, you've a new life ahead of you, yadda yadda yadda.

Anyway, right now you've running some errands up until your earpiece started pulsing. "Hey, are you busy? Feel like stabbing someone and getting shot in the head again?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 08, 2017, 09:01:46 pm »

"Sure! Where do you work?"
Yuki gives the girl a quick rundown of the location. "Oh, and it's a maid cafe too. Sooooo I hope you don't mind that too much."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 08, 2017, 09:21:10 pm »

"Oh~! I was planning on visiting it anyway, sounds like fun~!"

Shef
Your phone rings. It's Watanabe.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 08, 2017, 09:28:20 pm »

Shef pulled the vibrating phone out of his pocket, and quickly checked the caller ID. Watanabe. Probably a job then. On that conclusion, Shef answered the call. "Afternoon. Shef speaking."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 08, 2017, 09:30:10 pm »

"Hey Shef, you busy?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 08, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »

Shef glanced around his apartment. He had no appointments for the day, nothing on the schedule really. "No, not busy. You got a job, intel, or did you just want to meet up?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 08, 2017, 09:47:34 pm »

"Got a job for you, Rosario says it might be related to the case you're handling. Interested? Hah, course you are. So a day or two ago we took down a trafficking op, crystal meth, the usual stuff. So thing is, when we checked the goods, it was off. You know how it is, you don't sell the whole pure stuff, you dilute it, raise your margins. So here we were expectin' there to be methylsulfonylmethane. Guess what it? It wasn't that. They've been cutting it Shards. Lord knows why, but I think you, would like to know? Well, I got some good news, we haven't nabbed the head just yet, but we know who he is, where he lives. Think you could go down and have a little chat with him? Mind, the police buddies of mine would like to take him in in one piece and without the casket either, so try and be gentle please."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 08, 2017, 09:53:51 pm »

"Sure, I'm in. This chat. Do you want me to figure something out, or just subdue him so your cops don't have to get their hands dirty? I don't mind of course. And caskets? Well, I can't make any promises, but I'll do my best. Any type of rules of engagement? Stuff I can't touch in the house, any henchmen you know of?" As Shef spoke, he stood up, and grabbed his pistol, wallet, and a few other useful items. After this, he paced a bit while he spoke.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 08, 2017, 10:18:13 pm »

"The cops just want him subdued, but you're free to pursue whatever lines of inquiry you want, no questions asked. Ideally, don't touch any evidence, but we should have enough on the guy already... and that's about it. The guy's got these two enforcer fellas, they're real weirdos from what I've heard, wear these weird black headpieces, kinda like halos you'd see in those old pieces of art but Rosario's not too worried, said by the sounds of it, they're not gonna be a problem for you. Those two, you're free to disappear."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1104 on: September 08, 2017, 10:21:14 pm »

Noriko rolled her eyes before answering the earpiece, a grocery bag full of snacks draped over one arm. "Hilarious. I'm assuming that you want and or need me to deal with something?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 08, 2017, 10:32:24 pm »

Noriko
"Sorry about that, but yes, it's not too urgent so you can drop those bags off home."
"Long story short, we've received reports of a malevolent Mononoke hiding in the hospital. It's a weak one, only thing going for it is speed, but may as well nip it in the bud. That's where you come in, we'll give you a cover as a surgeon and have you look through. It'll take half an hour tops. Up for it?"
"It's not going to be dangerous, promise."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:37:32 pm by Empiricist »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1106 on: September 08, 2017, 11:15:42 pm »

"Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that it's definitely going to be dangerous. . . Either way, I think I can handle speed. You can fill me in on the rest when I get back, right?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 08, 2017, 11:17:36 pm »

"Probably because that's a standard storytelling thing."
"Eeeh? I didn't mean it like that!"
"Too late. Yeah, we'll fill you in on the target when you're ready."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 09, 2017, 06:41:16 am »

"Oh, very good. Give me the address, and I'll be on it right away." Shef pulled his overcoat off the hook by the door, and waited. No need to let anyone in the halls over hear more than they ought to.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 09, 2017, 06:54:32 am »

You get the address. The guy's still small fry so it's for an apartment rather than say, a penthouse or mansion or something.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 285