Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223399 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #1110 on: September 09, 2017, 10:44:18 am »

"Right. I shouldn't be all that long." She made her way back home as quickly as she could using mundane means; running over the rooftops and such  was all well and good, but she had eggs that she needed to get home un-cracked.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 09, 2017, 07:02:20 pm »

Noriko
Okay so you get home, drop off the groceries and get your cover applied. As far as anyone in the hospital's concerned, you'll be a senior surgeon who won't be too amiss in most places. As for what you're hunting, well, it supposedly looks like a childish crayon squiggle given life, last seen lurking around the emergency wards.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1112 on: September 09, 2017, 09:39:12 pm »

Noriko still wasn't entirely convinced that something wasn't going to go horribly wrong, but she set off toward the hospital anyway after asking the pair of AIs for a map of the place so she wasn't stumbling around obliviously. Once she got there, her planned method of actually getting around without anyone stopping her was a quick step and a very focused and/or annoyed expression and possibly a clipboard.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 09, 2017, 10:01:13 pm »

Noriko
Surprise, surprise, all the things go wrong!

So it started off fine with you waltzing in, moving quickly, a few glances go your way none of them lingering for long. Now where everything goes wrong is when you actually enter the emergency ward and one of the nurse rushes up and practically starts dragging you into one of the operating rooms "OH THANK GOD! You gotta get in here Doc! He's gonna die! We need a CABG ASAP!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1114 on: September 09, 2017, 10:13:06 pm »

Shit shit shit shit. . . Noriko did her best to fumble at her earpiece and connect to Enn and Winter. "Uh, guys? A little help? What even is a CABG?"She couldn't exactly wave the nurse off (she actually physically couldn't, any limb that could be used for waving was occupied) but her familiarity with surgery extended to that one episode of Manor she'd seen once.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:59:26 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 09, 2017, 10:30:18 pm »

"Open heart surgery. Bypass a blocked artery. Patient's already under aesthetic by the looks of it, but it's, complicated."

...Oh God. This guy is gonna die. He's just gonna fucking die and you're going to watch.

Unless...

Unless...

"W-wait! Y-you can't be thinking of doing it, can you?"

Maybe it's the panic, maybe it's the heat of the moment, but for god knows what reason, instinct is beginning to take over. The same instincts that allowed you to wield your magic, to hurl your spear. And what that instinct, that gut feeling is telling you right now, is that you can do it.You can save this man's life. You may be better suited for combat but your powers do have a great deal of precision... and if you can somehow just destroy whatever's clogging his heart... Jesus Christ, what the hell are you even thinking?

Okay you got two options, more or less. You could whip out a scalpel, or wind magic, or a fucking spear and just gouge out the cholesterol and pray that it's actually a better idea than it sounds... or... you could leave this guy to his fate, try and find that damn target, and get the fuck outta dodge, your cover's still active at least.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Backalley Medicant ☆ Noriko-chan
« Reply #1116 on: September 09, 2017, 11:15:16 pm »

Yoake is lying on the sofa in her lounge robe, yawning loudly. "Uggggh, it's so boooooring! I don't have a Keijo lesson planned for this week, and there's nothing to do!"

She sits up, and wanders around the safehouse. She looks into everyone's room, to no avail, bored out of her mind. However, before long she hears Shef on a call with someone... about... a job? Ooo, oo, there's the ticket! She waits until Shef finishes the call, before bouncing to his side, already dressed in her Regalia.

"Hey Sheeeeeeef..."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 06:41:05 am by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1117 on: September 10, 2017, 01:01:41 am »

"I, well I'm gonna try, even if that sounds so damn stupid coming out of my mouth. Can you at least Google instructions for me or something, though?" Noriko allowed the nurse to drag her off and toward the surgical table, where she picked up a scalpel and wondered how the hell they couldn't tell a seventeen-year-old didn't have a Ph.D. yet.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 10, 2017, 01:32:45 am »

Noriko
"Cut into their chest, this is normally using an oscillating saw but you should have enough power to use something else, expose the heart. Normally you'd hook them up to a machine graft in a healthy blood vessel from somewhere else to go around the blockage and close everything up... but you're not gonna make it. Best shot you have is to use your spear and magic to physically destroy the blockage and hope you can seal everything back up. You're precise, precise enough you might just be able to pull this off."
"What? That's insane!"
"Open heart surgery with a spear tends to be. But if that's the path we're taking, I don't see any better options. We'll try and guide you through it, but the stabbing, you'll have to figure out how to do that yourself."

Okay, deep breaths, focus, focus. This man is going to die right here, right now if it weren't for you. He's dead either way, so it's not like what you're doing will matter much in the grant scheme of things if it fails. Well, the justice system and board of ethics would probably beg to differ, but hey! You're not a real doctor so this can't be medical malpractice and that makes everything better! Okay probably not, but still, swiggity swaggity time to get stabbity.

You can regret this later, right now, you've an operation to do.

オープン•ハート•サージャリー!

[Now Playing: Big Blast Sonic]

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:54:27 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 10, 2017, 06:50:13 am »

Oh god. Shef hesitated just a moment before he responded to the swimsuit clad woman who had entered the room. "What, Yoake? Do you need something? Rather busy right now." He placed the phone in his pocket, and turned the handle on the door to exit.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 10, 2017, 07:04:05 am »

Yoake made her most endearing face possible. She knew Shef couldn't resist.

"Sheeeeef... I'm so booooored heeeeeere... pleeeeeeeeeeeease pleeeeease please let me come with you on this mission! I promise I'll be helpful! You know I'm good at things!"
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 10, 2017, 07:14:21 am »

"What?! No. It's going to be a boring mission anyway. Just subduing a drug dealer for the cops." He grimaced slightly at her last statement. "Not saying that you're not good at certain things, alright? I just-" A thought popped into Shef's head. They were going to be subduing the guy in an apartment. It wouldn't be bad to have someone excelling at CQC. . . Goddamnit. "Fine. You can come. Remember everything, and follow my orders to the letter." He stepped out the door into the hallway.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:50:58 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 10, 2017, 06:16:38 pm »

Yoake lights up in a massive grin.

"Yay yay yay!!! I promise you'll be happy you decided to let me come!"

She hops behind Shef down the hall.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 10, 2017, 06:23:27 pm »

I'm going to regret this so much. As he walked down the hall, Yoake in tow, Shef considered their options. There was public transport, which would probably be the easiest, though not the quickest. If anyone was watching them, obviously unlikely, public transport would be better. However, speed might be in order, especially if there was any chance that the guy might leave his apartment. . . "Yoake. Do you have a car available?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 10, 2017, 06:39:59 pm »

Yoake grins madly.

"You bet I do! I got more than one!"

Grabbing Shef's arm, she runs into her garage within the safehouse, and flicks on a light...

So many cars. A lot with the added functionality of boat, too. Most are some neon color, with the least gaudish one being a fast-looking dark blue speedster with bright bedazzlements covering it. Yoake hovers around a hot pink seaplane, awaiting Shef's choice.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 285