Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread  (Read 18620 times)

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2017, 10:09:46 am »

While there fine vehicles there not equivalent to a 5 ton truck so no not unless you buy them.
Thought so. The DT-30P still is by far my favourite due to capacity, fuel use and - to be honest - extremely unique looks. And at $27,093, I could buy that. Aseaheru, Cain12, Slick, any thoughts on that?
Funk, is it something I'd even be allowed to buy, seeing as it's originally soviet?

A quick edit just to let you know that the big book of planes is up on the first page.
You mean "A quick edit to show that I have the plane-book, and am therefore going to throw planes and helicopters at you", don't you?  :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2017, 12:14:00 pm »

It doesent have anything to deal with attackers, nor is it protected radiologically... Plus we currently have four people, and two vehicles. It would add on alot of work maintaining it aswell.

For reference, the M-548A1 needs 7 hours of work per week to keep it going, the DT-30P needs 18. Going from 8 hours a week stopped and working on vehicles to 36 would be a tad painful, unless we go and get some NPC helpers.

In unrelated conversation, it makes me somewhat sad that there are no listings on the website or in the books for Huskies, K-Maxes or the Ka-26/126/128/226. I can somewhat understand the lack of HH-43, but they have Korean war era helicopters at the same time.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2017, 12:47:41 pm »

Do any of you have the skills to drive this
Spoiler:  monster? (click to show/hide)

You mean "A quick edit to show that I have the plane-book, and am therefore going to throw planes and helicopters at you", don't you?  :P
Maybe but right now i'm thinking about Rockets.
There bound to be allot of spare rocket pods around and a general decline of working proper artillery.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2017, 01:05:51 pm »

It doesent have anything to deal with attackers, nor is it protected radiologically... Plus we currently have four people, and two vehicles. It would add on alot of work maintaining it aswell.
Those are all true. However, I do think we may reach our cargo capacity, and the DT-30P would mean we would only need one vehicle, which would simplify our driver needs.

Actually, that gives me an idea. From both the weight and the dimensions, the LuAZ-967M should actually fit *inside* the DT-30P, being embarked and disembarked by the crane. Which would give us both cargo capacity and scouting capability, while still (most of the time) requiring only one driver.

For reference, the M-548A1 needs 7 hours of work per week to keep it going, the DT-30P needs 18. Going from 8 hours a week stopped and working on vehicles to 36 would be a tad painful, unless we go and get some NPC helpers.
True enough - the 18 hours maintenance are quite a bit. On the other hand, that's not going to be the limiting factor.
The M-548A1 needs 14 medium-still-days per four-hour drive period. A medium still would be 1/3rd of its capacity.
The LuAZ-967M, three.
The DT-30P would take 21 days per drive period, but that single still takes only 1/15th of the cargo capacity, meaning you could easily mount two or three.
A motorbike, by the way, needs less than one still-day per four hours.

Do any of you have the skills to drive this
Spoiler:  monster? (click to show/hide)
Ground Vehicle (ElephantTracked)?

Maybe but right now i'm thinking about Rockets.
There bound to be allot of spare rocket pods around and a general decline of working proper artillery.
Hm. I'm imagining a jeep (or even cart)-mounted rocket pod, used by bandits to threaten fortified villages. The best thing - you can't see whether it's loaded or not.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:07:59 pm by 3_14159 »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2017, 03:57:27 pm »

Honestly the vehicle concerns are kinda going over my head right now, little preoccupied, am fine with whatever you decide to do.

Though I was amused by the idea of carrying one vehicle inside another. And it at least sounds like it might work out?

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2017, 01:51:09 pm »

Honestly the vehicle concerns are kinda going over my head right now, little preoccupied, am fine with whatever you decide to do.
Good point, and you're right. It's probably not worth the time to highly optimize our vehicle choices. Besides, Twilight2000 is supposed to be about scavenging and improvization, not giant amphibious tracked vehicles. As such, the M-548A1 is perfectly fine with me.
Edit:(Although now that I look through it, the Soviet PTS-M (soviet vehicles, page 7) also looks nice.)
The M-548 actually is extremely nice from an OOC PoV - it's a cargo carrier, it's American (meaning it makes sense to end up with it), it's from the main books, and it's free.

Though I was amused by the idea of carrying one vehicle inside another. And it at least sounds like it might work out?
For the M-548A1 we could still do that - a motorcycle is only 300kg, a bike only 15kg (and yes, we are getting some).

Speaking of which, ideas what to burn my cash on, besides scores of grenades?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:11:08 pm by 3_14159 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2017, 04:10:57 pm »

Same answer as last time from me. Perhaps also pick up a few extra rifles, possibly a sporting rifle or two.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2017, 04:38:00 pm »

Good point, and you're right. It's probably not worth the time to highly optimize our vehicle choices. Besides, Twilight2000 is supposed to be about scavenging and improvization, not giant amphibious tracked vehicles.
But if have a  giant amphibious tracked vehicle then keeping to going and in your hands will be a challenge.
Every one will be eyeing it up for there own use.
For the M-548A1 we could still do that - a motorcycle is only 300kg, a bike only 15kg (and yes, we are getting some).
With motorcycles the idea feels a lot better as they take up less space then a small jeep.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2017, 06:44:03 pm »

Can see why being optimum would be a good part of it for some folks, I'd drive myself nuts trying to do so. Though looking back, if I'd been left to my own devices I'd have forgot to get stills, generators, most tools and essentials, so maybe I'm just lazy/out of my depth.

Anyway, maybe some barbed wire, sandbags or some caltrops? Chem sniffers or geiger counters?

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2017, 04:36:12 pm »

So, I did some equipment shopping:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That costs almost $32000, and - with a bit more of survival stuff I picked out - leaves me with everything spent. Almost 3.5 tons, most of it being the still.
Main cost factor is the mortar and rounds, at $9500.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2017, 05:18:22 pm »

No M3 subguns? And what sorta rounds do you have for Carl?

I would also like to note that I could use more rounds for my recoilless rifle.
Highly Opinionated Fool

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2017, 01:20:53 pm »

No M3 subguns? And what sorta rounds do you have for Carl?
Added them. Originally, only HEAT. I've just discovered that the fan site also has HE rounds; I'm now packing them half/half.

I would also like to note that I could use more rounds for my recoilless rifle.
This prompted a reorganization on my part: The mortar is gone, freeing much money. I've spent it on more ammunition (15 instead of 5 cases of 5.56, double the frag grenades, more CG rounds, more 7.62 rounds, four M3A1 SMGs).
I've also added four more B-10 HE rounds, bringing us up to six total. From my thinking, the B-10 now replaces the mortar as our heavy artillery (with 600 metres of range). The mortar was too difficult to use with four people anyway. Up close, the Carl Gustav or the M136s can deal with armour (or, for the former, also serve against fortifications and infantry).
That now leaves me with about $1500, which I'd take in coins unless anybody has other high priority stuff. If not, I'll post the full gear list soon. That'd then, for me, conclude chargen.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2017, 02:24:55 pm »

I'm interesting in joining, but it seems like I might be kind of late. Would I be able to start with the initial gang or would I join mid-game using the Additional Character rules on page 28? I'll go try whip up a character and buy some equipment soonish.
Max avatar size is 80x80

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2017, 02:44:17 pm »

I'm interesting in joining, but it seems like I might be kind of late. Would I be able to start with the initial gang or would I join mid-game using the Additional Character rules on page 28? I'll go try whip up a character and buy some equipment soonish.
I'm fine waiting for you.
Should you need any help for either character or equipment, feel free to ask. Do you already have an idea?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2017, 03:12:51 pm »

Also don't mind a wait. Really, I don't, will use the time to figure out some character stuff that will no doubt never see the light of day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15