Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread  (Read 18565 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2017, 05:21:15 pm »

Nice!

Ah... does anyone have the skill to repair any vehicle, let alone tracked ones?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2017, 07:47:02 pm »

Nice!

Ah... does anyone have the skill to repair any vehicle, let alone tracked ones?
Well, most of my characters experience when it comes to vehicles are those of the wheeled variety, an even so he has no skill when it comes to being a Mechanic.
Hey do you think the M-548A1 comes with its own machine gun, like the M2HB? Or would we have to get that separate?
---------
An by the way with my plan of getting a Stoner 63A LMG (Mk 23) what type of magazine should I use or maybe an ammo belt should I go with:
20, 30, 40, 50, 100 Belt, 150 Belt, 250 Belt

Or should I instead go with the Stoner 63A MMG (M-207):
Notes:  The M-207 was the only version of the Stoner officially type-standardized by the US Army, and was also used by the Navy.  It is basically a larger version of the Stoner 63A series that uses a longer barrel, belt-feed exclusively, and extra rails for vision equipment.  It has a provision for mounting on a tripod.  It is perhaps easier to find these days than other members of the family, but is still a museum or collector’s piece.
     Twilight 2000 Notes: As with other members of the M-63A family, improved versions showed up in the hands of SEALs and Marines during the Twilight War.
http://pmulcahy.100megs3.com/machineguns/us_machineguns.htm

Both can be found on page 95 and 96 of the Infantry Weapons of the World PDF.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2017, 08:12:47 pm »

It does not come with a weapon mounted, but has a heavy nato mount.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2017, 09:18:11 pm »

An by the way with my plan of getting a Stoner 63A LMG (Mk 23) what type of magazine should I use or maybe an ammo belt should I go with:
20, 30, 40, 50, 100 Belt, 150 Belt, 250 Belt

Or should I instead go with the Stoner 63A MMG (M-207):
http://pmulcahy.100megs3.com/machineguns/us_machineguns.htm

Both can be found on page 95 and 96 of the Infantry Weapons of the World PDF.
[/quote]
The Stoner is a bit of an odd ball gun.
Pick which mode you want carbine (Stoner 63A Assault Rifle  XM-22) rifle or carbine (Stoner 63A Assault Rifle XM-23) with 30 round mags
OR light machine gun (Stoner 63A Mk 23 (Long, Bipod)) With 200 round belts.
OR the full Medium Machine Gun(Stoner 63A MMG (M-207)) With 200 round belts.

Lets say that it was standardized to the 200 round M249 SAW belts to help with book keepinglogistics.
And yes you've lost/ broken the part to change the gun over.
Here the forgotten weaponsStoner 63 System page

Hey do you think the M-548A1 comes with its own machine gun, like the M2HB? Or would we have to get that separate?
NO you have to buy that.
I think Cain12 got some cash left over.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2017, 02:20:59 am »

Yeah I seem to have a pretty penny or two leftover. Can probaly spring for one, so feel free to pick one if you want. Anything else?

Made a few last minute adjustments, mostly some misc stuff that might come in handy but will probaly never see use:
Spoiler: Eveline Vogel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:55:31 am by Cain12 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2017, 09:31:34 am »

We could use a still, some spare rounds for a M2, tracked vehicle tools, smallarms tools, excavating tools, other tools, a generator, a vehicular radio...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2017, 12:40:32 pm »

Okay.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This stuff look acceptable? I threw in some fuel.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2017, 01:33:57 pm »

I think thats good for the time being.
Highly Opinionated Fool

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2017, 05:22:48 pm »

Assuming a spot's still free, I'd like to join with my ex-repair-station-managing Marine Armour officer.

Spoiler: Anderson E. Walker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creation Details (click to show/hide)

Currently, almost $33000 are still unspent - any ideas?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2017, 05:39:03 pm »

A few dozen more cases of ammunition? Possibly a mortar, AT rockets or missiles(or even a MANPAD and a missile or three, just incase someone has working aircraft), tools for reloading ammunition, a pair of 13km vehicle radios? Ah...

* Aseaheru wanders off to look at potentially nice things to get

rifle grenades? automatic grenade launcher and a few cases of grenades for it? Camo netting, tank trailer to haul behind our tracked beast, a water purification unit, HCPs? Perhaps an inflatable boat? A fridge/freezer unit for perishable medical supplies? Extra medical supplies? Explosives in general?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2017, 08:38:35 pm »

(With $33000 you could get the chosen weapon of Toyota warlords every where, a ZPU Anti-aircraft Gun or even the deluxe ZU 23.)
Remember that all weapons come with a full magazine/belt/loaded rocket.
There are rules for aircraft(a book full of them) but your unlikely to find your self fighting wave of hind gunships.
Still MANPADs and AT rockets can always be fired at other things.

What you buy will likely determinate what you can do easily, so if load up on auto cannons and hand grenades you may well find your selves have to use them or lose them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2017, 10:43:49 pm »

Handgrenades are always useful tho. Fishing!
Highly Opinionated Fool

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2017, 02:41:30 am »

A few dozen more cases of ammunition? Possibly a mortar, AT rockets or missiles(or even a MANPAD and a missile or three, just incase someone has working aircraft), tools for reloading ammunition, a pair of 13km vehicle radios? Ah...
Hm. How much capacity do we have left, actually, before I start buying more things? I'd rather keep one vehicle, since it'll allow us to rest while driving.
But yes, most of those look good (you just want a mortar to play with, don't you?)

rifle grenades? automatic grenade launcher and a few cases of grenades for it? Camo netting, tank trailer to haul behind our tracked beast, a water purification unit, HCPs? Perhaps an inflatable boat? A fridge/freezer unit for perishable medical supplies? Extra medical supplies? Explosives in general?
Medical supplies will always help, definitely. A tank trailer would be nice, but not amphibious, although we could use the inflatable raft to transport a 1-ton trailer plus its content in two crossings. On the other hand, the M-416 Jeep trailer, despite loading only 340kg, actually floats and could be towed even over rivers.
Speaking of tankers, more fuel should always be nice - assuming we have the two tons available, taking a medium still will reduce downtime from 100 days per period of travel to two weeks per period of travel - that's still pretty long; the M548 guzzles alcohol. OTOH, it's not much more fuel consumption than equivalent trucks, it's amphibious and far faster off roads.

(With $33000 you could get the chosen weapon of Toyota warlords every where, a ZPU Anti-aircraft Gun or even the deluxe ZU 23.)
Remember that all weapons come with a full magazine/belt/loaded rocket.
There is overkill, and then there's overkill :-)

Edit: Actually, now that I'm looking into a few more vehicle options, I can see some alternatives:
  • LARC-15 (some pictures), looking not like an amphibious truck but a land-going boat. At 13.5t load, it's even more capacious than the M548, while drinking half the fuel. Its fuel efficiency off-road is just like the M548 (although it's slower), but it's far superior on roads.
  • LARC-60 (some pictures). The LARC-15's big brother, it has a load of 60 (!) tons. Despite that load, it only needs 194 litres of diesel (680l of methanol) per period - on the road, it still makes more kilometres per litre than the M548; although it's less efficient off-road. It's also extremely expensive, and I don't think we can buy one. More of a mobile base, actually.
  • DT-30P (picture). A 30-ton two-part amphibious tracked transporter. While having 50% higher fuel consumption compared to the M548, it also has three times the load. Which means we could pack more stills, for example.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:31:54 am by 3_14159 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2017, 08:42:14 am »

Edit: Actually, now that I'm looking into a few more vehicle options, I can see some alternatives:
While there fine vehicles there not equivalent to a 5 ton truck so no not unless you buy them.

Hm. How much capacity do we have left, actually, before I start buying more things? I'd rather keep one vehicle, since it'll allow us to rest while driving.

Speaking of that here's some better forms

Vehicles
Spoiler: LuAZ-967M (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: M-548A1 (click to show/hide)

Trailers
-UAZ-8109 1/2-Ton Cargo Trailer trailer 431.7/500kg

Spoiler: Cargo (click to show/hide)
A quick edit just to let you know that the big book of planes is up on the first page.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:44:40 am by Funk »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2017, 09:30:59 am »

Ooh, nice. Its cool seeing what they but in for blurb, and what wasmade using their rules. it appears that all the content for vehicles and weapons in twilight 2000 was put up on that website tho.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15