Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 54603 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"No! Work, ya bloody spell!"

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Interesting. It seems my preconceptions may be flawed. Time to assume the pose!"

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Edited: derped
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:05:38 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Shadow, your spoiler's broken. When you fix it, please change the words you say in it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East Side (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"Oooooh, intresting."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

"Hey announcer, stop being a dick! I would like to see you working out mostly unknown magic system in matter of seconds!"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:52:30 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Fields?
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2017, 03:23:35 pm »

Spoiler: West Africa (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:32:09 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

While waiting for the last action, I'd thought I'd post a map with grid lines to roughly show what I had in mind for movement.

Spoiler: Map, spoilered for big (click to show/hide)

The red lines are each one area.  You can move one area in a turn and still act, or move two without acting.  To capture a point, you must begin the turn next to the point and do nothing else but capture the area.  Any interruption will cancel it.

If we get the last action soon, I can get the turn up right away.  Otherwise, it'll be late tonight or early tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

((Really sorry about holding you guys up. Reaction time should hopefully improve as of tomorrow, though, since the workload is probably going to lessen.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Any consensus on team names?

TEAM EAST

[Pot:4+2]

A shimmering bit of nothing appears then shoots toward a teammate.  You think it was Greg, who is closest to you?

[Pot:1+2]

Shimmering bits of nothing appear directly in front of you and to the two sides, then shoot off weakly straight away from you.

This time it shoots due right.

A shimmering bit appears, hovers for a bit, then vanishes.  Huh.

[Pot:2+2]

This time it shoots up and left, right where you are looking.  Hmmmmmmm.

Your transformation shudders, shrinks, and vanishes in a burst of sparkles; leaving nothing behind.

A small lump of copper appears and plops to the ground.

[Pot:3+2]

A pile of sand appears and falls over the copper lump, covering it like so much cat litter.

A nugget of gold appears and splats into the sand.  Not quite buried treasure, but you'd take it anyway.

[Pot:5+2]

Now the sand is covered in blood.  This got less fun quickly.

The final contribution to the pile is a chunk of steel.

Spoiler: East Side (click to show/hide)

[Pot:6+2]

Nothing happens.  Huh.

It's hard to tell, but you think an area in front of you briefly flickered and darkened.

[Pot:5+2]

The magical suppression system kicks in again.  You watch as your phantom self summons a large green cloud large enough to touch him; the phantom self immediately doubles over, coughing and vomiting.  Whoops.

This gets you an interesting mixed drink: booze, ice chunks, and strange flashes of what looks like magical energy.  You can't resist bending over and taking a quick taste; not exactly lemon twist, but there's some kind of flavor there!

Again you see the vision of the knights on the battlefield.  The knight charge seems to be doing well against the swordsmen, but they have pikemen pushing up from behind.

Edited: derped

Your whole body is suffused with magical sparkles.  The settle in and mostly fade, but not completely.  They seem to be waiting.

A sizable chunk of concrete crashes down.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West Virginia (click to show/hide)

[Pot:2]

Something appears in the air in front of you and thwips down.  Looking closer, it looks like a tiny pair of horns.  Maybe you could put them on a kitten or something.

[Pot:4]

In the air a few feet in front of you, a dog forms and... clanks down in front of you?  Looks like a beagle, but with steel fur and steel-enhanced skin.  It sniffs the ground, then walks up to you and wags its metallic tail.

You put on your gauntlets.

[Pot:1+1]

Again you see the vision.  It's cloudy this time, but it could be because you don't feel you did a good job casting the spell.

[Pot:5+1]

A bit of nothing appears right in front of you and explodes nothingness in your face.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

"Hey announcer, stop being a dick! I would like to see you working out mostly unknown magic system in matter of seconds!"

[Pot:4+1]

From the ground a plant quickly grows.  It turns into a tree, bearing a single fruit.  The fruit falls from the tree, which turns into a cloud of moths and fades away.  The fruit splits open, revealing a dagger inside.  The handle is carved wood, with what look like druidic engravings.  The blade is chitinous, looking quite sharp.

Huh.  Neat.

I'll grant that's a pretty nice weapon you've got there!  But is it enough?

Spoiler: West Africa (click to show/hide)

[Pot:4]

A glass boomerang appears in the air in front of you, about five feet away.  It immediately starts falling- oh crap!

[Dex:1]

NOPE.  Not only does it shatter, but you manage to scratch yourself on the pieces as you faceplant on your dive.  You're pretty sure the only reason you aren't bleeding everywhere is because something about this spawn area protected you.

[Pot:1]

Yep, that's some kind of shimmering blob.

[Pot:3]

This shimmering image is a little more in focus, but it's still hard to tell what it is.  It's long-ish, straight, and looks weapon-y.

((Really sorry about holding you guys up. Reaction time should hopefully improve as of tomorrow, though, since the workload is probably going to lessen.))

((All good man))

Poking and scratching them doesn't work.  Poking the nearest teammate just gets you an annoyed glare.  Willing it to activate looks to be the trick, as the runes seemingly start reading themselves off, and activate.

Activating them gives you a vision of a land of death and decay.  There are rotten corpses, bleached skeletons, fungal fields; everywhere signs of decay and the end of life.  It fades, and the runes are gone.

A large pillar of concrete crashes down in front of you.

This gets you a couple nice sheets of leather.

Everything you've summoned so far- and your shoes- is covered by the splash of blood that produces.  Ugh; looks fresh.

[Pot:6+2]

**ACTIVATING SAFETY PROTOCOLS**

You watch a ghostly version of yourself summon a blinding light; bright enough to leave your phanton grasping at his eyes and sporting a new sunburn.

A foul-looking cloud of greenish gas appears before you.  You quickly step back away from it.  The bloody bit on the concrete pillar it touched darkens slightly.

Now comes their last chance to prepare!  Are they ready?

Ready to die, certainly!  I'm looking forward to some real carnage!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - Spawn Room (6 Pool)
TankKit: Sir Lootington - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - Spawn Room  (5 Pool)
Shadowclaw: Bastien - Spawn Room (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - Spawn Room (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - Spawn Room (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - Spawn Room (3 Pool)
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - Spawn Room (4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]

At the end of the next turn, you're dumped into the starting area.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:23:55 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Pre-Turn 5 [Get ready...]
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2017, 08:15:34 pm »

Err my turn and action didn't happen, did I something wrong?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:19:59 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:12 pm »

Ooops.  Check again!

That's why I ask people to double check me; I do make mistakes.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2017, 08:25:35 pm »

Spoiler: Kanye (West) (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2017, 08:41:36 pm »

"Well well well. Time's almost up, best get those last few bits in before I have to improvise in the field."

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35