Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON: SMOKE BREAK  (Read 43110 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON: The dangers of smoking.
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2017, 06:13:53 am »

Take cover in the doorway behind Dev
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2017, 08:03:58 am »

Cover in the doorway by syv.

Spoiler: Ferrus (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2017, 10:34:04 pm »

Just a brief nitpick, Piecewise, but the intro post you have mentions a "tek-9".

I think you may mean the TEC-9.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2017, 11:34:45 pm »

piecewise: Shouldn't the two doors at the end of the hall be drawn as rectangles instead of doorways?
The program I use auto-hides various things, such as locked doors and hidden doors and walls and such. Those doors are actually locked, but it shows them as open doorways for some reason. In the future, I'll just use square doors for the closed doors and make notes for myself.

Just a brief nitpick, Piecewise, but the intro post you have mentions a "tek-9".

I think you may mean the TEC-9.
Yeah, you're right. For some reason, I always remembered it as TEK-9. Maybe that came from some splatbook I read avoiding copyright.

Turn the crank on the door directly north of me. Provided it looks like it opens outwards, I guess; I don't want to get hit in the face by a wall of high-pressure water.

You grab the wheel and spin it until the metal bolts holding the door closed release. Rather than a torrent of water, a deluge of music pours through from behind door. It slams the door open and shoves you back against the opposite wall, the sheer force of it like a spectral hand on your sternum, pinning you down. Through the open door you can see a short dark hall leading to a room lit in dim red. The walls of the room are completely coated in tiny mirrors, like the exterior of a disco ball, and what little light the room has is reflected a million times over in a chaotic mess of shimmering crimson. At the center of the room, floating a few feet above the ground, is a spherical cluster of speakers with long metal spikes sprouting from the spaces between them. It looks almost like some sort of exotic mold spore, expanding to great size and pimped out in chrome and audio equipment. It hovers there, in the center of the room, spinning and jerking about at random, with red electricity arcing across and between the sparks.

Cast Idolize, and push the resulting dummy ahead of me, towards the corpses.  Once he's there, leave him there, and go inspect the trashbags; start by poking with the sniper rifle from maximum range.

12/12
You pull out your Idolize card and toss it onto the ground in front of you. From the card sprouts a single long neon light tube. As you watch, the tube deforms, separating itself into many individual bulbs, spreading out, growing a network of bare fixtures and exposed wiring until, finally, it resembles a skeletal human made of neon lights. It flickers for a moment and then blinks on with an electric hum and blinding purple glow.

You immediately shove the idol into place next to the corpses. Once he's there and nothing has happened, you head over to the bags. You give them a good jab with your rifle before carefully looking into them. They're mostly filled with useless crap like food, water, and other supplies for losers who plan to make a living here, rather than a killing. You do, however, find 3 shotgun shells and a moltov cocktail. And a few severed heads.

Push the dummy ahead of me to the west, south of the door in the north side.  Open it up once the dummy is in place.

Spoiler:  Big Ears, White (click to show/hide)
You shove the Idol down the hall and take cover next to the first door before trying to push it open. But the door is locked.

You join Dev on the other side of the door.

And you head to the doorway and cover Sy.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2017, 11:40:57 pm »

Try to bust the locked door down.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2017, 11:42:39 pm »

"I'LL TAKE THIS DANCE!"

PUSH against the music, into the room! Once within range of the disco pylon, smash it!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2017, 12:34:04 am »

Grab the ammo, molotov, and heads, then leave the room pulling my idol with me.  Move the bookshelf that had originally blocked off that room back into place, and then pile some more junk in front of it so that it can't be knocked down again so easily...  Oh, and hand the shotgun shells to MJ.

((MJ, I recommend adding to the single chair blocking the south doorway.  Just to make flanking us more difficult.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2017, 06:02:09 am »

Remain in cover
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:55:50 pm by Empiricist »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2017, 09:52:52 am »

Add to the chair reincofrmcnet. Take the shels

[/quote]

Cover where the skull and chairs are.

[/quote]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2017, 05:55:16 pm »

Try to bust the locked door down.

[11/10] Strength
You push the Idol out of the way and square up with the door. You give it a good hard kick dead in the center  and the wood cracks and bows inward but doesn't give way. The door remains closed, but only barely.

Grab the ammo, molotov, and heads, then leave the room pulling my idol with me.  Move the bookshelf that had originally blocked off that room back into place, and then pile some more junk in front of it so that it can't be knocked down again so easily...  Oh, and hand the shotgun shells to MJ.

((MJ, I recommend adding to the single chair blocking the south doorway.  Just to make flanking us more difficult.))

You grab the ammo, the severed heads (for some reason) and the molotov before grabbing your idol and pulling him back out of the room. You push him and Midnight to the side before shoving the bookcase back into place. You push the nearest table and the tv up against it too, just to make it harder to shove over.

Then you toss the shotgun shells to Midnight.

Add to the chair reincofrmcnet. Take the shels

Cover where the skull and chairs are.

[/quote]
[/quote]
You take the shells and then throw another chair on top of the one already blocking the south facing doorway.

Remain in cover
You raise an eyebrow at Dev as he fails to kick the door down. He shrugs.

"I'LL TAKE THIS DANCE!"

PUSH against the music, into the room! Once within range of the disco pylon, smash it!

[14/16] Strength
You push yourself off the wall and lean into the torrent of sound. You struggle down the hall until you make it to the center room. The sound isn't as channeled in the room as it is in the hall, so its a little easier to withstand, even if you are closer to it.  You plant your feet and swing your bat straight at a speaker between two of the metal spikes.

[3 damage to to NA]

Your bat slams straight into the speaker and clangs off with a metallic sound. The music immediately cuts out and is replaced with the sound of a siren, which fades rapidly up into a shrill scream. The speakers thump with a low synthetic roar that rattles your teeth and the red electricity arcing between the spikes intensifies and coalesces into an enormous skull with bludging yellow eyes that pulse in time to the music. An electrical body so large it fills the room begins to form behind the skull, its limbs sparking into being, expanding, pressing against the walls, constricted. It looks at you and screams out an insane mess of synthetic noise.
[7 damage to body (+3)]
You clutch your ears and scream. The sound deafened you instantly, but the force of it is like a steam roller of razor blades hitting you at mach 1. Your body shreds apart and detonates into bloody pulp. Limbs, viscera and blood spray back out through the door you entered by and coat the hall.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON: [SYNTH MUSIC INTENSIFIES TO FATAL LEVELS]
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2017, 08:48:45 pm »

Welp.  Cover-Move to the doorway just to my north (not the one the speakerskull can see), and overwatch.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2017, 11:33:53 pm »

"You can kill me as many times as you like, but I'll kill you ONCE!"

Run back to the speaker and taunt it, to make it melee attack me.

What am I actually supposed to do about magic-type attacks? Hope that they fail their roll?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2017, 12:35:01 am »

"You can kill me as many times as you like, but I'll kill you ONCE!"

Run back to the speaker and taunt it, to make it melee attack me.

What am I actually supposed to do about magic-type attacks? Hope that they fail their roll?
Depends on what it is. But that was just a normal ranged attack. Also you don't respawn yet, since the rest of the team isn't out of danger.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2017, 12:42:34 am »

A ranged attack while I was right next to it? How does that work?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2017, 12:53:04 am »

Move to the highlighted square. Overwatch.
((Assuming I'm still alive next turn, would Run & Gun allow me to go through the door, shoot the sythfungus and run back out? Also, if I use Aim and Overwatch, overwatch fire get the aim bonus?))

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:59:31 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26