Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON: SMOKE BREAK  (Read 43028 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2017, 11:40:25 pm »

Move to the doorway between my current room and the TV room, overwatch.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2017, 02:32:41 am »

Move up to the chair by Green and overwatch

Spoiler: Ferrus (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2017, 02:12:26 pm »

Move into the next room and take cover beside the north door. Then peek into that room.

From the location you stop at, you can see that the room outside this one is a narrow hall, with flower wallpaper and lovely oak baseboards engraved with a twisting ivy design. There's a rather out of place metal bulkhead door on the far wall which looks like its straight out of a submarine; complete with spinning wheel handle.

You walk into the next room and close the south door before wedging the chair under the handle. I assume thats what you wanted to do with the chair; if not just grab it the next turn.

Yup.  Wanted to reduce the number of entrances to this room.

Move 3N and wait for the lollygaggers.  Watch for any goons running through the door to my east

Spoiler:  Big Ears, Yellow (click to show/hide)
You point your gun at the door to your east and wait.

Move up to the chair by Green and overwatch

Spoiler: Ferrus (click to show/hide)
You move up to where Green used to be standing, right on top of what's left of the table, and wait. You're basically excluded from what's about to happen by virtue of being far behind.

Move to the doorway between my current room and the TV room, overwatch.
Cover-move to the doorway, and overwatch.

Both of you step up into the doorway and wait, ready to shoot.

A few moments after you move into position, the bookshelf on the other side of the room topples over and men start swarming out of it. These aren't the same sorts as you just dispatched, they're far more dangerous looking. They're wearing what looks like a combination of fireman's gear and hazmat suits; thick and heavy fabric suits covered in scorch marks, black soot, and dried blood. Their faces are hidden behind yellow hard hats, respirator masks, and thick goggles and they're wielding heavy weapons: fire axes, shotguns and rifles.

OVERWATCH ROUND
Black Scab 1(Crit success)
Black Scab 2
Sy
Empi
[7/13]
[3 damage to arm]
A black scab leans out from behind the rough, smashed through hole in the wall forming a doorway behind the bookshelf and fires at Sy. The pellet spray mostly misses, only two of the pellets clip his arm, blowing finger sized holes through his bicep.

[14/13]
Another black scab leans out of the same doorway and hurls a lit moltov cocktail at Sy, but the bottle hits him and doesn't break, intead it simply falls to the ground and goes out.

[15/15]
(Sy, did you ever actually reload as an action? Because if not your gun shouldn't be at 5/5)
Sy takes a shot at two of the advancing Black scabs instead of the ones in cover.
[6+2=8 to [17-6] Nowhere]
His close range sniper shot goes wide, perforating the ceiling instead of an enemy.

[12/10]
Empi, perhaps startled by the sudden erruption of violence, squeezes is trigger before he can take aim and puts a shot straight into the TV. The Room grows suddenly much darker as the CRT bursts and the flickering light of its display vanishes.

Everyone else has moved and acted this turn, so we start a new one.

Initiative:
Black Scab 3
Dev
Black Scab 4
Black scab 2
Empi
Sy
Black scab 1
Midnight
Egan

Scab 3 Charges Dev with his fire ax. [9/13][9/5][6+3 to head (+5)-5 for BPV] He swings hard and the blade catches Dev right on the ear. It cleaves the upper half of his head off and sends it flying across the room like a gore filled frisbee.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2017, 04:23:14 pm »

((I forgot that I had to reload.  Apologies, fixed the issue.))

Does Glimmer affect allies, and are two or more scabs dead?  If no to both, use Glimmer.  If yes to either, shoot someone who isn't dead already; in order of priority, Scab 3, then 1, then 2, then 4.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2017, 04:42:22 pm »

But can't I cast Guard multiple times (on different guns)? I want to know how many I can technically "wield" at once so that I know how many I can keep enchanted).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2017, 06:08:25 pm »

((syv, you may wanna run and gun out of there if you are shooting, because it just negates your DEX bonus and you have none.))

Run and Gun. Shoot the rifle-wielding scab while running back to the upper left hand corner of that small starting room.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:12:47 pm by Empiricist »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2017, 06:32:16 pm »

(I'm afraid I only moved and didn't act that last turn.  Three squares.  Shouldn't I have gotten a shot off?)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:37:45 pm by Devastator »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2017, 07:33:57 pm »

Could you please put numbers on the Scabs? I find it hard to see which one is which in some cases.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2017, 09:14:29 pm »

((@Empiricist It also removes cover, which makes me far more vulnerable to three out of the four foes, in trade for rendering me possibly immune to the other.  I'd rather just shoot that guy and accept the cover rolls for the other foes.  I have the highest cover save on the team, along with good HP, so it's actually really helpful for them to shoot at me.

@Piecewise In addition to numbering them, could you please mark whether they're melee/ranged/explosive/magic, if it's possible for us to tell the difference?  It can really matter for some of us--I'm in far more danger from a melee person than anyone else, whereas someone like Egan can ignore melee foes, but is very vulnerable to magic.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2017, 09:22:45 pm »

((In fact, it's actually very helpful to me to draw melee aggro.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2017, 02:07:03 pm »

(I'm afraid I only moved and didn't act that last turn.  Three squares.  Shouldn't I have gotten a shot off?)
You were aiming at the north door. They came at you from the side.

Also I seem to have removed the wrong avatar. Should look like this instead (with added labeling):

Black Scab 3
Dev
Black Scab 4
Black scab 2
Empi
Sy
Black scab 1
Midnight
Egan

Oh and since the turn order is like that, and dev is dead, I should roll out the other two guys before you guys act. Hold on.

Scab 4 has a CHAIN SAW and he goes for Empi [7/13][14/7][8+7 to body, +3]. Scab 4 yells "I LOVE THIS SAW! THIS SAW IS PART OF ME! AND I'M GONNA MAKE IT PART OF YOU!" before burying the chainsaw in Empi's chest. He sprays blood across the walls and ceiling, grinding straight down through Empi and slicing him in half.

Scab 2 leans out of cover and fires a burst of assault rifle fire at Egan. [7/13][3+2 to Body +3] Egan falls back against the wall as bullets tear through his chest and explode out his back. He slides down, leaving a bloody smear on the wall.

Alright Sy, your turn. If you want to change anything that is.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON: Incoming TPK?
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2017, 03:09:08 pm »

((Ah, that explains it, I forgot about your high cover.))
As the chainsaw slices me in half, ask "ARE YOU COMING ONTO ME?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2017, 05:59:50 pm »

((T-P-K! T-P-K!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2017, 06:04:26 pm »

Ouchies.

(Note to self, just say 'overwatch.'  I woulda covered both doors just as well as the north door.  Still thought I'd be fine being in the corner, everything was to my southeast.  And still too neo-xcom for me.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 06:09:26 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2017, 07:05:36 pm »

((I forgot that I had to reload.  Apologies, fixed the issue.))

Can I cover-move far enough back that a Glimmer would still be able to stun all four foes, but Scab 3 would get hit by overwatch fire from MJ before he attacks me?  If so, move there and then Glimmer.  Otherwise, full move as far from the door as I can, and either shoot the melee dude I can see, or overwatch if I can't see either.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26