Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON: SMOKE BREAK  (Read 42983 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 07:27:18 am »

Kill bonus into Money.  Move two right and one up, and watch for anyone running into the room from the door to the right.  Gun down any scrubs who show their faces.

Spoiler:  Big Ears (click to show/hide)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2017, 09:29:14 am »

Spoiler: @ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Keep in mind that he can heal/armorafy/ammo-fy/cashify with each kill, in addition to actually looting the corpses/environment.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2017, 11:43:46 am »

Actually corpses, player or not, don't drop anything.  Or at least they don't drop ammo, armor, or money.  They might sometimes drop weapons.  The "Thing you get" for killing simulates that.

Think of this with video game logic.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:07:54 pm by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2017, 08:55:47 pm »

Well, that was straightforward.  Kill bonus into ammo, keep watchful for danger.

((@Toaster, skills cost 2, not 1.  Also, you can only have 4 armor, since armor caps at 50% of str.))
2 rifle ammo.

use my blood bag and heal up.

Spoiler: Ferrus (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
You strap the bag to your arm and insert the tubes straight into the stump. You heal 1 hp.

+1 armor from kill!
Take a quick scan of the room to make sure it's safe before going in. Yank my knife out of shotgun lady's corpse. Is it still usable?
Take any loot from the bodies, and any loot in the room, and set it on one of the tables so we can split it fairly.

+1 armor
You scan the room but find nothing more dangerous in here than some bloody splinters and a corpsey trip and fall hazard.  Your knife was destroyed when you threw it and none of these corpses have anything of value on them unless you want a blood soaked preppy outfit.

As per the room, there's a knife in one of the cabinets and a note in the fridge the reads "I OWE U 1 SANDWICH." It's written in mustard.

Wait for the others to enter the room, if it's safe, then take cover to the left of the fridge.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You hide beside the fridge. From your location you can see into the next room. Its a fairly big room, just as fancy as this one, with two big recliner chairs, several book cases and a CRTV on a fancy little pedestal. The tv is on, and its showing some sort of saturday morning cartoon about muscular men in leather shooting skeletons with laser rifles.

The room is otherwise empty. 

Kill bonus into Money.  Move two right and one up, and watch for anyone running into the room from the door to the right.  Gun down any scrubs who show their faces.

30 bucks.
No one runs in. For the moment.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:58:17 pm by piecewise »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 11:24:11 pm »

Well, can't Johnny Cash just give all of his money to another PC before suicide?

Then again, with 1's in all stats, I wouldn't be surprised if attempting to do that would kill him.

@piecewise: Does the Guard spell apply to ammo for the enchanted gun that isn't inside of it? For example, let's say you have 12 pistol rounds, ten of which are inside of your pistol. You cast successfully Guard on your pistol. Do you get 10 extra effective HP or 12?

How many pistols can I hold in one hand while still technically "wielding" them?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2017, 11:54:58 pm »

((ATHATH, might want to bold that.  PW sometimes ignores unbolded posts.))

Move near to the door by white, but not close enough that I can see through it (or be seen through it) and overwatch.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2017, 11:58:17 pm »

Pick up the chair to my left, move up two, right one, and down one.  Attempt to close that door below me.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 12:11:12 am »

I reserved earlier. I waited a long time before making the sheet, so I doubt that means much. Just mentioning it in case it does  :-\
Spoiler: The Butcher (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:14:21 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2017, 04:02:00 am »

((So, enemies don't drop their weapons. Guess we'll be relying on kill bonuses to keep ourselves topped up. Hmm, I'd suggest picking up something and throwing into that room, try and draw a reaction.))
Overwatch.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2017, 11:48:56 am »

Got a character sheet now. Could I get into the waitlist?

Spoiler: Onikaan (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2017, 04:04:29 pm »

Take the knife; test if it's good for throwing or slashing. This kitchen must have drawers and such, right? Look in there for more knives and other implements.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2017, 07:02:20 pm »

I reserved earlier. I waited a long time before making the sheet, so I doubt that means much. Just mentioning it in case it does  :-\
Spoiler: The Butcher (click to show/hide)
You're second in line. The waitlist is on the first page, second post, under the OP.

Got a character sheet now. Could I get into the waitlist?

Spoiler: Onikaan (click to show/hide)
On.

Well, can't Johnny Cash just give all of his money to another PC before suicide?

Then again, with 1's in all stats, I wouldn't be surprised if attempting to do that would kill him.

@piecewise: Does the Guard spell apply to ammo for the enchanted gun that isn't inside of it? For example, let's say you have 12 pistol rounds, ten of which are inside of your pistol. You cast successfully Guard on your pistol. Do you get 10 extra effective HP or 12?

How many pistols can I hold in one hand while still technically "wielding" them?
Nope.

No, only applies to ammo in the gun itself. And the thing only effects 1 gun so taping 10 together won't help you.

((ATHATH, might want to bold that.  PW sometimes ignores unbolded posts.))

Move near to the door by white, but not close enough that I can see through it (or be seen through it) and overwatch.

((Piecewise does not ignore, he simply does not see.))
You walk up a bit into the room and point your rifle at the door, waiting for someone to run in.

((So, enemies don't drop their weapons. Guess we'll be relying on kill bonuses to keep ourselves topped up. Hmm, I'd suggest picking up something and throwing into that room, try and draw a reaction.))
Overwatch.
You too huh? Alright, overwatch.

Take the knife; test if it's good for throwing or slashing. This kitchen must have drawers and such, right? Look in there for more knives and other implements.

The knife is a generic butcher knife, not balanced for throwing, but it might work for that in a pinch. Really, with melee weapons and throw skill, you can throw chainsaws and do damage equal to a melee attack with them, so it doesn't much matter. The drawers in the contertop have been rumaged and ransacked already; there's nothing in there thats useful to you.

Pick up the chair to my left, move up two, right one, and down one.  Attempt to close that door below me.

You walk into the next room and close the south door before wedging the chair under the handle. I assume thats what you wanted to do with the chair; if not just grab it the next turn.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 07:30:25 pm »

You walk into the next room and close the south door before wedging the chair under the handle. I assume thats what you wanted to do with the chair; if not just grab it the next turn.

Yup.  Wanted to reduce the number of entrances to this room.

Move 3N and wait for the lollygaggers.  Watch for any goons running through the door to my east

Spoiler:  Big Ears, Yellow (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 07:32:56 pm »

Move into the next room and take cover beside the north door. Then peek into that room.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 10:03:44 pm »

Cover-move to the doorway, and overwatch.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26