Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233161 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 19 - In a Wound
« Reply #2535 on: July 27, 2018, 07:59:49 pm »

Tohil coughs a little salt, his enraged face unperturbed. He turns towards the northern tunnel and shouts.

"Coward! Abandoning your companions? Come here so I can give you a quick death, you bastard! There's no place in the afterlife for those that lack courage! Hrgrraaaaggh!"

Quickly stand up and chase after the magician!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: July 27, 2018, 08:30:23 pm »

"Go! kick him while he is down!"

Remove the robe and try to fashion it into a paralytic rope to tie the magician.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: July 28, 2018, 10:12:05 am »

Gary shrugs, enters the house, and returns to his crafting efforts.

I'd have to presume you're using the removed wall tiger paws alone; the remains of the rock hydras are still out in the corridor.

Remove the robe and try to fashion it into a paralytic rope to tie the magician.

Awesome.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: July 28, 2018, 11:32:00 am »

I'd have to presume you're using the removed wall tiger paws alone; the remains of the rock hydras are still out in the corridor.
Because of Dustan's threat, I'll hold off on that for now, and only use what I have. I can add the Hydra bits later- after all, twas my kill.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:46:14 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: July 28, 2018, 12:42:34 pm »

Because of Dustan's threat, I'll hold off on that for now, and only use what I have. I can add the Hydra bits later- after all, twas my kill.
you can add hydra bits after it's been properly butchered. stop ruining the corpses.
edit: also, This is a dropkick. I dunno what you had me do.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:46:05 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: July 28, 2018, 01:29:51 pm »

edit: also, This is a dropkick. I dunno what you had me do.

If I'd known you wanted to do a Mike Haggar flying kick, I would have had you do one.  Yet in one of those results, I can see the word "dropkick," so obviously the latter is a more common understanding.

My understanding of a dropkick was that of a Garfield cartoon--or any cartoon, for that matter--or the real world, for that matter--where you pick up the target, drop it, and kick it while it is in midair.  Works well in cartoons as mass is no object.  Works well in the real world when you are projecting a piece of sporting equipment to (or at) some target of interest.

So of course I couldn't see how you would pick up another person and engage in a Garfield-and-Odie-style dropkick.  Instead, I had you use the momentum of a "dropping" target to engage in a kick.

I believe we now understand each other.

So, got an action?  I could also use one from Alyssa (Rautherdir), just in case circumstances warrant.  I'd take a conditional action too, of course.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: July 28, 2018, 02:04:51 pm »

"That's one more problem dealt with."

Restrain the mage with his hands behind his back. don't touch the amnesiac rope.
Edit: from your description, you were thinking of This drop-kick.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:06:35 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: July 28, 2018, 02:31:14 pm »

Edit: from your description, you were thinking of This drop-kick.

(Who would have known the importance that spelling, punctuation, and non-letter characters had in communication?)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: July 28, 2018, 04:53:45 pm »

Oxford comma?!? Kill it!!!

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: July 28, 2018, 07:51:11 pm »

Previous -- Next

I have a message from Dwain (Starver).  I don't have anything from Alyssa (Rautherdir), but it's safe to guess the plan is "stay out of violence."  Lemme know if that changes.  Meanwhile, gotta fit in these updates before I get too busy!

And I'm amused by these actions, so let's see if they work.

Spoiler: Rolls! (click to show/hide)

Alyssa is slowly pacing about the premises, but Gary thinks that the tables in the building look like a great place to get work done!  It's already messy in here, come on.  So you retrieve those wall tiger paws and think about how to prepare them for making gloves and boots.  Hmm.  Got to get those bones out.  Maybe with your pick you can pull them out at the joint?  Maybe . . . but after several attempts, no real luck.  Might take you more time.

Which, arguably, is not the most important event at this moment.

In the pit!  People are attempting to restrain the magician!  He's already prone, so Dustan has an easy time getting his hands behind his back, and John starts improvising with his amnesiac robe.  You recall when you first acquired it: there were questions like "is it safe to touch?" and "will it work when someone other than its owner puts it on?" and even "is this robe intelligent?"  Well, you put it on and it worked and then it mindlessly treated ally and enemy alike as long as you wore it.  Now that you're not wearing it . . . you tie up the stunned magician's limbs, but the magical purple fabric has no paralytic effect while you're doing so.

Tohil had to take some time to struggle out of the heap of rock salt; Dwain and the magician are long gone.  You shout challenges down the northern tunnel and go to pursue, but you hear Solde behind you: "Forget her, we have what we need."

You're torn.  From the dark tunnel, you hear Dwain call "<Some indistinct vocalisation> wheelbarrow!" but they're already out of sight.  It occurs to you that neither one of them has a light in hand.  It also occurs to you that your own lantern would take precious moments to pull out, and your justice-delivering roaring axe does not generate enough light to see.

Interrogation seems to be at hand.  Solde crouches at the top of the pit, looking down at the captive.  He's . . . smiling again.  "Well!" he begins.  "How do you feel about working off the debt your little party has incurred?"

"You enforcing-the-laws-of-humanity types are all the same." the magician grumbles.

"Check for threats, refresh yourselves, pick your favorite loot." Solde says.  Uh, you guess this time he's talking to the rest of you.  He hasn't looked around, and he hasn't stopped smiling.

. . . Tohil (randomgenericusername): I didn't have you leave the map because (firstly) I knew you couldn't get out of a heap of salt without a little time delay and (secondly) I didn't know how you'd react to the content above.

I am sending a message to Dwain (Starver).  You know I don't want to run a "split party," but hopefully we can keep this brief and wrap up the scene.  Whee!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: July 28, 2018, 08:09:07 pm »

"hey, there are other laws we can enforce. Got one called Darwin's law, and it describes how animals pass on traits by survival of the fittest. Care to have me show you by removing your organs an' letting you bleed out?

Or maybe you wanna put that brain your mother passed on to you to use, and reconcider that laws are the only thing standing between you and a world full of psychopaths. I'm sure Solde won't mind me practicing my art if laws don't matter. Might not even care if I kill you.

Speaking of which, mind if I keep him as my share?"

Make the magician regret his words and life decisions, preferably without ending him. Ask Solde if I can keep them.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:11:56 pm by Dustan Hache »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: July 28, 2018, 10:11:42 pm »

Gary leaves the wall tiger paws on one side of the table. He then drags the Rock Hydra corpse to the building and uses the clear side of the table as a platform to "properly" butcher it. Unless Alyssa disagrees, he borrows her workstone knife for the butchering.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: July 29, 2018, 08:07:07 am »

"hey, there are other laws we can enforce.  Etc. etc. violence violence

I like how this would work either as an expression of your character (going further off the deep end, huh?) or as an effort to play "good cop/bad cop" against Solde and his less-violent offer.  I'll see how people react.

And I'm about to do a couple more days of transit, after which I'll be on honest-to-goodness vacation, with all the upheaval that means.  We are approaching the end of practical gameplay: after the vacation comes the huge lifechange event, bringing even more uncertainty.  This summer got incredibly complicated with everything happening at once (didn't intend it that way . . . ).  So I'll update as I can, ideally get you all back to town (though this logically means you needn't concern yourself with shopping), and hope you all feel that this extensive sequence was a worthwhile one to cap the experience!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: July 29, 2018, 08:33:34 am »

"I don't fear you darkness, for I carry the divine light of god in my warrior soul! I am the bringer of the light and flame, the holy blade of Sol! Perish, shadows! Sunrise is coming to the underground!"

Tohil says this while shaking and fumbling with his backpack.

Waste precious time by pulling out the lantern and chase after the magician and Dwain. A knight of the sun never leaves his companions alone!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: July 29, 2018, 09:24:17 am »

check the magician corpse for loot that the swordpeople don't want (is their kill) then go to search for threats in the tunnel the bug-bat-birds came from, we never explored it completely
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 173