Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233171 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 19 - In a Wound
« Reply #2505 on: July 23, 2018, 05:46:17 am »

in that case mentally prepare for the whole blood magic  but remenber the fire at the north and go to help to completely kill it..
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: July 23, 2018, 08:51:16 am »

stop Gary from ruining the perfectly good corpses. Do so with healknife stabbing if need be. Then, heal myself.
Oi, oi, I can do what I want with my kill.

Looks like we may be settling this with stab-healing roulette!

And I'll just need Alyssa (Rautherdir).

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: July 23, 2018, 12:17:37 pm »

"I think there's people up that way. Not sure if they're friendly or not."

Go grab my Javelin, then head up where I heard things

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: July 24, 2018, 09:28:38 am »

Previous -- Next

So, continuing plot.  Let's handle some complications before we really get into the complications.

Gary is pleased as fruity beverage to see even more dead critters.  A rock hydra skull made a marvelous base (with some wall tiger leather) for your skull cap; why not find some spare parts to enhance your plans for appendage covers?

Mostly because Dustan disagrees with the whole process.  This is a valuable kill, just like the last one you sold in town.  Gary feels that it is his kill, so what's the problem?

. . . Gary goes first in a brief combat order, so I'll grant him a roll to get away from the "surprise attack."

Gary tries to get away, but mostly succeeds in dragging a nearby warrior into the conflict.  Dustan's muscles ache from the paralytic saliva; you can hardly swing your knife arm, and in the end you jab the innocent warrior!  Thankfully he isn't hurt, and you can feel the strength returning to your limbs, and Gary has been halted from foolishness for the moment, but you can hardly say what the next moment will bring.

Solde is going by.  Dustan had been going to ask whether there were bandages available in the supply wheelbarrows.  Before he can be prompted, Solde says "Packaged vitality is in the wheelbarrows" and powers right along.

The group in general is moving north.  That one swordperson who heard something makes her way with caution, followed by Alyssa, who has retrieved a pointy thingJohn brings to mind his recent workstone bloodbinding--this fine iron pick could become yet superior--but goes to lend any aid possible at the operations building.  Dwain, though, sees the fire is over and so the two of you likewise head along with curiosity.  Tohil checks with the other undistracted swordpeople, but they also are on the move, especially when the voices get louder . . .

"Blind, greedy fools!  Violators of the balance of the minerals!"

"The place of humanity is beneath the true and rightful powers of the earth!"

"Submit to the natural predations of the underground, and let its cycles rule the lands you dared call your own!"

Wow, some people were exiled for good reason.  Three people in mixed garb--two men and a woman--are standing on the slopes of this northern dig, apparently the far end of the mines.  They are armed, but you get the impression they have more "armaments" you can't see, especially if they're talking about "powers."

The first swordperson to arrive looks fit to take on the odds.  "Explain yourselves!" she shouts back.  "And if you've taken human lives today, prepare to accept punishment for your crimes!"

"The laws of humanity are an invasion!  Useless fetters on the free will of the natural world!"

Most of the swordsfolk are arriving at a run and with ready weapons.  Solde is some distance behind.

. . . So, now?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: July 24, 2018, 09:52:16 am »

Gary looks rightly offended by Dustan's attack.

"Oi. Could you not? You and I both have higher priorities right now. I think our teammates could use a medic/killing machine extraordinaire right now."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: July 24, 2018, 10:38:59 am »

"Then come help me and learn how to do something with your life before I stab you with my other knife. I've already come close to murdering you once, take this as a warning and don't tempt fate again Gary."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: July 24, 2018, 11:38:26 am »

"Alright, I'm going to say this right now. Will everyone involved accept to a peaceful resolution to your differences? Because I'm sorry, but I will sit this one out if this gets to a fight. At the very least, an explanation for what has happened and why would be best for those who do not know yet who is in the right and who is in the wrong."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: July 24, 2018, 01:48:34 pm »

Be prepared to reach for a Splitter Wand, instead of the Antivenin I was previously ready to grab out of my backpack, whilst reliquishing obvious weapons back to belt-loops/whatever and setting down my lantern if that's awkward to carry.

Calmly approach the dead body near the rightmost two (current and upper terraces) to 'express concern' but mostly to find out more about that body and these new people. Be prepared to try something interesting, depending on how everyone else reacts.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: July 24, 2018, 02:20:06 pm »

Be prepared to reach for a Splitter Wand, instead of the Antivenin I was previously ready to grab out of my backpack, whilst reliquishing obvious weapons back to belt-loops/whatever and setting down my lantern if that's awkward to carry.

Eh, because I didn't know how to represent "close to hand" on a relatively-simple character sheet, I put the antivenin in your hand already.  So you smashed monsters one-handed this whole time.  But who's counting?

If you want to have a splitter wand "out" ("close to hand," "ready"), what sort of contingency plan did you have for the thing?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: July 24, 2018, 02:28:05 pm »

That'll do, hand-wise, though palming it/hiding it up my sleave is prefered, as these guys(/gals) of the Subterranean Sierra Club obviously don't like anybody who might suddenly explode some of their precious landscape.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: July 24, 2018, 02:35:07 pm »

For a moment john considers acting as being another mad cultist just to see if he could get close enough to them but he notices that the actions of the swordpeople would reveal the lie.

So he simply stands back and lets the meatshields be the first ones to the the cultist unknow weapons and magic.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: July 25, 2018, 08:49:55 am »

"Heretics! The world was created by God for humans and it belongs to them, not the mindless animals! Beasts are just one of the challenges we must overcome, separating the weak from the strong who will survive and reign the land! And it's now the laws of humanity which I follow, but the laws of Sol himself!"

"Now, get out of my way before I use my "free will" to slaugther your companions! The power of the Sun is by my side and I have nothing to fear!"

Raise my flaming axe, roar an intimidating battle cry and try to scare them away. If they decide to fight, lead the charge and try to cut the arm of the closest cultist.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: July 25, 2018, 10:16:05 am »

Excellent, that's everyone, and I believe I can work with this.

(I'm particularly glad that two people chose to speak.  I'll need some time to think on the reactions, but I had been hoping for such an escalation beyond violence before we escalate to violence.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: July 25, 2018, 10:57:34 am »

(I'm particularly glad that two people chose to speak.  I'll need some time to think on the reactions, but I had been hoping for such an escalation beyond violence before we escalate to violence.)
I did the stab to get rid of paralysis and tell Gary "don't even think about it"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: July 25, 2018, 12:29:24 pm »

I did the stab to get rid of paralysis and tell Gary "don't even think about it"

I realize that my referents may have been unclear.  I believe that I understood the nature of the exchange between the two of you; I also think that you will be able to get involved in the northern conflict (after the next update) in logical ways.  And also, in the north, I'm glad to have both a mix of aggression and talking actions.  This allows me to express content that I'd mostly-prepared already in a more natural manner.

(I'm writing it right now.  But you know how sometimes a creator finds that a character's personality develops itself during the writing process?  I'm learning more about these people myself.  This looks like a job for font changes.)
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 173