Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: World of Avatars(OOC)  (Read 8603 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: World of Avatars(OOC)
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2017, 08:49:46 pm »

Well, I like permadeath. It adds stakes, and also provides a good in-universe excuse for picking a new avatar/character. I can see why some people want to keep their avatars/characters, but in my mind, death is something that happens in real life. If it happening in a game can make cool stories happen, it isn't the worst thing to happen in-universe.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2017, 08:53:41 pm »

Well it seems like it's between two places that are a little too far to connect together. Keeping a game simple enough that it doesn't get bogged down with extra info. And not enforcing people to change their avatar or quit playing that do not want to do that.

Edit: the difficulty setting idea is definitely what I would do if it was a game I was running myself but for this..

Edit: ...how do you feel about the nuzlock self-imposed idea?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:56:48 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2017, 08:58:11 pm »

Yeah, it's complicated.

Not having permadeath is fine, but I would prefer to have the option to drop a character when they die. I know everything you said points to the option, so there's that.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2017, 09:06:48 pm »

Ninja edited my last post.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2017, 11:14:54 am »

(Not sure if the Nuzlock suggestion was properly responded to).

Wow this poor village. Feel like there should be a chap dedicated just to some TLC for it.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2017, 11:44:33 am »

(Not sure if the Nuzlock suggestion was properly responded to).

Wow this poor village. Feel like there should be a chap dedicated just to some TLC for it.

Tender Loving Care or Totally Lost Cause?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2017, 11:47:00 am »

Good question.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2017, 09:51:30 pm »

I never realized spyro had the ability to tell threat from distraction and such. Where is that stated?
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2017, 09:54:40 pm »

I haven't made a character sheet, but Spyro always does it. Gnasty Gnorc, Ripto, The Sorceress ect.

...he's not a big dragon. Or particularly powerful in the world of dragons. Yet in a world of powerful dragons he is still the one they're relying because he's smart.

(Also added a reason for him to go to the house)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:57:42 pm by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2017, 01:46:41 pm »

Asin, would you link to-this thread, in the game thread?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2017, 01:49:35 pm »

I did.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2017, 01:56:11 pm »

Thanks! But you linked to page 3 for some reason.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2017, 04:54:54 pm »

So really that double 1 death rule creates a built in hard mode... If you dont use it you risk death, but DO gain an extra LP if you don't... So greatness, that would be potentially something MORE than a nuzlock.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2017, 05:29:20 pm »

I'm in.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2017, 06:42:28 pm »

^ω^ I just thot of a revivalll option: you have to win 3 fights in the avatar fight thread first!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10