Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: World of Avatars(OOC)  (Read 8604 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: World of Avatars(OOC)
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 10:06:35 pm »

It would be funny if when fib was defeated he was captured in a jar something. That way he could be carried around with the group. Like a comedy relief character.(what do you think puppy?)

If you like the idea maybe there could be something like that inside Lun's house.
Yes... he would be carried in jar, mocked constantly, forced to see the world but unable to change it.
Until one day.
Until the day... a mistake is made and the jar is shattered.
Fbzib would come out with his full rage, having watched from his crystal prison your battle tactics he would be able to predict them, and with his sheer hate he would go on a rampage, delivering his revenge...
And once his captors were all dead he would leave their bodies for the village.

You have my full approval of shoving Fbzib into a jar.
Just don't let him get free, or he will use his knowledge against you.

That...is awesome.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2017, 11:50:43 pm »

I actually need Lun(Asin)s help with a chapter. So there's an opening right now if someone wants to do something.

I'm going to step up meteor showers when I'm going to be on my chapter, so just leave meteor related things for me to work with when I can.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2017, 12:14:00 am »

I actually need Lun(Asin)s help with a chapter. So there's an opening right now if someone wants to do something.

I'm going to step up meteor showers when I'm going to be on my chapter, so just leave meteor related things for me to work with when I can.

What kind of help?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2017, 04:08:18 pm »

Should I give away my idea for my chapter or arc now, or wait until it starts. I want to do Chapter 4, and the villain I created for it has a particular gimmick to it.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2017, 05:06:48 pm »

Should I give away my idea for my chapter or arc now, or wait until it starts. I want to do Chapter 4, and the villain I created for it has a particular gimmick to it.
I would wait until it starts to surprise people.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2017, 05:10:11 pm »

I think the only time you really need to reveal details is if it's really general and sweeping. Where ituses someone's character or takes the story to a certain place. And if it's just using something that kind of belongs to someone then just pming them should be fine.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2017, 05:23:09 pm »

Okay. Well, I can just explain it when it comes up, then.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2017, 05:46:12 pm »

A little more about LP and death: I think death should be reserved for only when a player gets a 1 two times in a row. Not that every time that this happens they should die.. It should still depend on the situation of course. But only they will die if that happens... That way when they get one luck point from rolling a 1 they are really taking a risk to keep it on their next turn instead of just using it to prevent getting another one.

Maybe a 1 shouldn't give an LP for really trivial rolls like looking for something ect. No perhaps just when they're in these kinds of dangerous situations do they get that point.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:48:49 pm by roseheart »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2017, 06:39:31 pm »

Hmm...nah.

Let me give you an idea of my thought process: dangerous fight, gets a one, gets an injury and an LP. Why wouldn't I use it, then? To save up? Yeah, more LP means more goodies, plus three LP revives, but that makes the whole Luck Point thing seem a bit trivial. Because everyone would just spend LP to keep living, and to win. A good RP, in my book, should have victory and loss. Using LP will just make victory happen far too often.

I have an idea: The Doctor Who Roleplaying Game (not a forum game, but an officially licensed tabletop game) has LP, in the form of story points. Cheating death is a thing that can happen, but having a bunch of Story Points (and I mean spending 15 at once) does stuff. Essentially, either LP becomes trivial except when there is none, or we switch to Doctor Who's method and instead have more of a tier to using LP.

Also, death is a powerful thing in storytelling. If we get one LP from rolling a one, we will use it to either live, or revive. Unless someone makes the conscious decision to stay dead, they will always live with a slap on the wrist.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2017, 07:10:34 pm »

I don't think death should be permanent in a game like this. And if one person feels that way then you really can't do that.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2017, 07:22:51 pm »

Also, I'm going to point out that most of my last post was uping the stakes from what was discussed in the thread:
Only get D6=1 LP if your are placed in mortal danger, rather than just any D6=1 roll outlined before.

Only double 1 rolls for death does mean less chances to die, so maybe your objection is there.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2017, 07:29:34 pm »

I could see a "hardcore" mode that was "opt in".

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2017, 08:30:38 pm »

Ah, compromises. Love those.

So, people who like permadeath (like-a me) can just opt into a more "brutal" system. Sold. Bloody Sold.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2017, 08:40:42 pm »

Alright, how about this:

Hardcore:
Bonus LP at START of chapter(in addition to other normal sources).
After rolling a mortally dangerous 1, you can only spend 5 LP or none.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2017, 08:42:58 pm »

It's just the problem with this is there's different DM's going to be hosting it so it could be confusing to have different difficulty settings.

I might just recommend using the normal system I'm offering and then doing kind of a nuzlock challenge self-imposed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10