Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153492 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives
« Reply #1245 on: September 02, 2018, 06:49:36 pm »

Rent the car for two days, then.  After that, head to the magic market and buy a magical fire gem.  (about £1000.)  I want to insert a clot and work it into a fabric loop for a ring, and then tie it to the car, somewhere unobtrusive like inside the glove box.

I also want to experiment with the ablative crystal armour stuff, and practice applying it to the outside of the car, as well as keeping an illusion on it to hide the obviously magical effect.  Can I make the crystals grow on the outside of the car even when I'm inside it?  Or do I need to apply it from the outside first?

Someone like that shaman might be good for camerawork, too, as it would be handy to have someone who can see magical stuff be contolling the camera.  Ask him if he'd be interested in a little part-time work like that some time in the future, and if so, exchange phone numbers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:22:30 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 03, 2018, 07:56:40 am »

This might be a good time to put the clot on my broom and finally upgrade it to Tier 4. Fly to somewhere safer, but nearby enough that we can see and attack the worm from a distance without being on it's reach (the whole ground, so find a medium or tall building). Contact Don Joe and inform him of our situation and location, he might be able to help.

If I am far enough to not be attacked by the worm, try shooting it in the head with multiple flesh-removing spells. I have a lot of Puissance so I can just spam this spell from a safe and high spot until it dies.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 03, 2018, 12:51:21 pm »

Ben sighs wistfully as he looks at the Challenger 2 from a distance.  He runs a finger along the hilt of a knife as he mumbles to himself "Been too long since I hijacked a tank... no, no, that always ends badly."

Ben stops and considers himself.  Does he look even passably military, or perhaps like a spook?  Undercover?  Undercover would work.

If he feels he could pull it off, walk right up to the most islolated armored vehicle he can see, give a friendly (if hurried) wave, and tell the crew honestly what's going on.  There was a train hijacked by some crazies, and he's veteran spec ops; he was just now tasked with taking it out.  If they don't have an important task, they really should give him transport and support, now.  Lives could be at stake, good soldiers would go help!  Ben truly believes all this, so it's not lying.

...Try not to attack them if it's at all avoidable.  If they attack him, or try to detain him, he'll defend himself, but he doesn't want to kill good soldiers of a good country.  Better to just retreat and come up with another plan.

Edit for clarity: Ben is asking the soldiers to let him ride with them, and possibly provide fire support.  He doesn't think he can catch up to a train on foot, and whoever's in it might be armed; the train might also be able to be disabled without harming any occupants by a high caliber MG, which he does not have, but which most armored vehicles do.  He is not asking to take the soldiers' vehicle away from them--that's a cruel request for any crew, their personal murdermachine is their life, unfairly stealing it from them is the work of asshole officers!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 09, 2018, 04:48:18 am »

This might be a good time to put the clot on my broom and finally upgrade it to Tier 4. Fly to somewhere safer, but nearby enough that we can see and attack the worm from a distance without being on it's reach (the whole ground, so find a medium or tall building). Contact Don Joe and inform him of our situation and location, he might be able to help.

If I am far enough to not be attacked by the worm, try shooting it in the head with multiple flesh-removing spells. I have a lot of Puissance so I can just spam this spell from a safe and high spot until it dies.

You upgrade the broom to tier four. It doesn't get better than this. Well, it does, but you'd have to invent your own magical transport.

Don gets your call, I assume. Neither he nor Jane seem to be doing much. You fly high above the worm, and start peppering away with magical projectiles.

The flesh-removing spell doesn't do anything to the mechanical worm. No flesh as such. That's probably it.

Rent the car for two days, then.  After that, head to the magic market and buy a magical fire gem.  (about £1000.)  I want to insert a clot and work it into a fabric loop for a ring, and then tie it to the car, somewhere unobtrusive like inside the glove box.

I also want to experiment with the ablative crystal armour stuff, and practice applying it to the outside of the car, as well as keeping an illusion on it to hide the obviously magical effect.  Can I make the crystals grow on the outside of the car even when I'm inside it?  Or do I need to apply it from the outside first?

Someone like that shaman might be good for camerawork, too, as it would be handy to have someone who can see magical stuff be contolling the camera.  Ask him if he'd be interested in a little part-time work like that some time in the future, and if so, exchange phone numbers.

You rent the car. Money up front.

The market is bustling as ever, but you don't have time to gawk at the stalls. Instead, you go straight for one of the gem sellers, and purchase a fire gem. Tying it to a hair band and making a ring from it doesn't make it look any different, but you can sense the power emanating from it. The car will be fire resistant, but the people inside it won't, so make sure to wind up those windows.

The crystals can be grown from inside the car. They take on a reddish hue, perhaps due to the fire gem inside.

You get the shaman's phone number, but he doesn't seem too keen. More of an occult investigator than a front-lines guy.

Ben sighs wistfully as he looks at the Challenger 2 from a distance.  He runs a finger along the hilt of a knife as he mumbles to himself "Been too long since I hijacked a tank... no, no, that always ends badly."

Ben stops and considers himself.  Does he look even passably military, or perhaps like a spook?  Undercover?  Undercover would work.

If he feels he could pull it off, walk right up to the most islolated armored vehicle he can see, give a friendly (if hurried) wave, and tell the crew honestly what's going on.  There was a train hijacked by some crazies, and he's veteran spec ops; he was just now tasked with taking it out.  If they don't have an important task, they really should give him transport and support, now.  Lives could be at stake, good soldiers would go help!  Ben truly believes all this, so it's not lying.

...Try not to attack them if it's at all avoidable.  If they attack him, or try to detain him, he'll defend himself, but he doesn't want to kill good soldiers of a good country.  Better to just retreat and come up with another plan.

Edit for clarity: Ben is asking the soldiers to let him ride with them, and possibly provide fire support.  He doesn't think he can catch up to a train on foot, and whoever's in it might be armed; the train might also be able to be disabled without harming any occupants by a high caliber MG, which he does not have, but which most armored vehicles do.  He is not asking to take the soldiers' vehicle away from them--that's a cruel request for any crew, their personal murdermachine is their life, unfairly stealing it from them is the work of asshole officers!
Funnily enough, convincing people that you're telling the truth can be just as difficult when you really think you are. Nonetheless, largely because they refuse to believe that someone wearing two machine weapons could stride right

Prac: 6

The soldiers believe you about the special ops stuff. Boy, do they believe you. Actually, their response is a little over the top. Soldiers in the UK military rarely see combat, and when they do, it's nothing on the order of a massive explosion and hundreds of casualties. So everyone around you is a little more on edge than they should be.

To cut a long story short, Ben is briefly swept up in the brisk pace of military organisation, and finds himself riding a tank, alongside a dozen infantry packed into various vehicles, with an attack helicopter following overhead. The troops with him seem to have mostly picked up on the "armed lunatics" aspect, rather than the "do not destroy the train" one.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 09, 2018, 04:54:04 am »

this is fine

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 09, 2018, 05:01:08 am »

You're awake, btw. I may not have made that clear.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 09, 2018, 05:04:33 am »

Yeah, and then I couldn't think of anything useful to do so I didn't end up doing anything. :v

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 09, 2018, 07:26:54 am »

"No, this clearly isn't fine. My current wands are unable to deal any damaga to this creature because of being made of inorganic materials.Do you have anything that could help defeat it?"

If Jane seems to be hurt, wave my Caduceus and heal her wounds. Use any remaining Puissance into spamming the "shoot bone" spell at the head of the worm.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 09, 2018, 08:34:07 am »

((Maybe you can board it.  It might slow down frequently, like a train normally does.))

Time for some cleanup.  Check the stadium where the ridiculously enormous sky-beast landed and see what's going on.  If there's nobody there and it's alive, buy some latex-based paint and make a large Pestilence rune on it to try and kill it.

If there is somebody there, I have several spells that would be handy in killing it or breaking up the remains of it, between the pestilence rune, the brittleness spell, or the crystallization process, so maybe I can earn some money or other rewards.  If the people around it are friendly to the creature, just see what they are doing.

Next on the schedule is to see if the Gryphon cult is there to be found.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:23:45 am by Devastator »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 10, 2018, 11:31:28 am »

Don will to off to help Jane with the train beast, taking the armored car with him if possible. He will stay as far away as possible, using his giraffes on it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 10, 2018, 01:48:39 pm »

Hah!  I see nothing wrong with this!  Ben will try and direct the soldiers toward the train as best he can, and if he has no idea where the train is, he'll make a guess.  Reiterate that the train should be disabled, rather than destroyed, since civilians may be present, but don't be pushy.  They'll have to answer to their own commander if they do more damage than necessary, it's not Ben's responsibility to tug on their leash.

...Make sure to note where the tank's exits are, and stay near them.  Unless Ben is riding on top of the tank for some crazy reason, in which case... he'll strike a badass pose, I guess?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 11, 2018, 01:05:05 am »

"Uh, fly us closer and I'll knock it out with gas. I guess maybe that's how it works? Or we could just climb on board and turn its brain off?"

If we get close enough, spew wand-gas into the train's head, hopefully poisoning its brain.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 11, 2018, 08:21:58 am »

"Do you know if your wand would affect a mechanical creature?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 11, 2018, 08:26:25 am »

((Fly me closer, I want to hit it with my sword.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 11, 2018, 12:51:03 pm »

"Do you know if your wand would affect a mechanical creature?"

"Uhh, sure. Probably."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86