Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154016 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Don shows some backbone
« Reply #1095 on: March 05, 2018, 03:16:17 pm »

Let's do the spike removal. Make sure that Zamenis keeps the longest spike intact. Wand plans- I will sharpen the tip and carry it on me for the time being.

Also, should I have >5 puissance? I have a point in Puissant Fettle now.

As for my actual action, if I have time to go shopping, drop the Maserati that I stole off at the Bazaar. Time to go selling for goods/cash.

If I can't do that but do have time, go to the bazaar.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:36:23 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 05, 2018, 03:20:38 pm »

"Sorry, but I can't do anything about the pain. If you are still willing to continue, it's going to hurt. Try to not scream very loudly."
Yeah, continue with the surgery as a free action. Keep the largest one intact like Don said and hand it to him as a weapon.

Do I have enough time to go to a shop that sells janitorial supplies to buy a steel mop?Do that. Then make it a level 3 broom with my 3 clots (One to make it a broom, 2 to upgrade it). Then affix my dragon knife in the end with glue, tape, bandages and thread. Return of the mop-spear!

Also, recover my caduceus from Nanami.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 05, 2018, 03:30:32 pm »

"...Yeah, I understand. Just gotta get it over with. Thanks for the help."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 05, 2018, 04:54:23 pm »

"Truthfully, what I need is some free time, Vince.  You think I could get a month without Amdukias on my back at some later date?"

Tell Dave I'll head right over for another one.  On the way there, sell the assault rifle back to the gunfarmers, and see if I can get a silenced pistol and some cash left over.

The next post is to cover most of the fight by the waterfront.  As usual, do some changes to make it look better, such as having Ben and Nanami sneak past the first few mind-controlled guards, only to get spotted by the weird crystal rock thing, who then has its people shoot at us.  We fight back, the crystal thing MCs Ben over some time, because he's the biggest target, and is more vulnerable than the others due to his odd magic.  While this was going on, Bella swoops in, as she was waiting for our signal, and fights it out with the overhead birds the rock had MCed.  Eventually, ben wounds a couple guys, gets MCed, Nanami uses illusions and knocks the gun away, which Bella picks up and finishes off the giant rock in an explosion.  This causes most of the MCed guys to panic, drop weapons, and flee.

After the battle, we got pretty lucky, getting away with only light wounds, Ben will give Nanami a good talk about how she needs to be able to defend herself, because it may not be just her at risk if she can't strike back, and how not everything we encounter can understand concepts like surrender or co-existance.  In addition, if she wants to do something great, there's no reason to be afraid of becoming powerful.  Also, the 'light' mentioned by the rock must be the power source, so we're on the right track.

Nanami is going to put on an illusion when going into Dave's, but it'll be in-between the usual stunning look and her natural look which is upgraded from that.  Other things to do are to advertise among the fanbase looking for a bird expert or enthusiast who lives in the city and to review Dave's suggestions for the new characters.  If one of them looks good, tell him to write it up and get ready for an introduction later.

As for powers and abilities, draw Nanami this time as beautiful to the limits of our skills to depict, including some additional hair length.  Do tell Dave that I'll get another video together soon.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:55:40 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 05, 2018, 08:33:08 pm »

Grab some of the living metal that was left behind. Ya never know when something like that will come in handy.
Also look for anything useful that the sewer thing might have left behind. Make sure to cast the no-smell on it first, though.
Drag everything back to Vince's. Might as well hit Nanami with the amazing-smell spell for her meeting with Dave.

for the purposes of the fifth spell I should carry little plastic bags containing things with different smells. Grab some rotten food from Vince's fridge, a flower from somewhere outside, and some blood from... you know, pretty much everywhere.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:39:30 pm by Egan_BW »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 11, 2018, 03:39:23 pm »

Grab some of the living metal that was left behind. Ya never know when something like that will come in handy.
Also look for anything useful that the sewer thing might have left behind. Make sure to cast the no-smell on it first, though.
Drag everything back to Vince's. Might as well hit Nanami with the amazing-smell spell for her meeting with Dave.

for the purposes of the fifth spell I should carry little plastic bags containing things with different smells. Grab some rotten food from Vince's fridge, a flower from somewhere outside, and some blood from... you know, pretty much everywhere.

You collect a plastic bag's worth of the twisting, shivering animated metal, bits of living matter trying to remember whether they were meant to be pipes or arteries, car windows or skin follicles.

Sadly, by the time you're done with the organic scrap, the leavings of the sewer beast have sunk back into the ground, or been picked up by scavengers. You just miss a triumphant group of pigeons carrying some kind of ray gun away.

You make Nanami smell amazing, which is useful, as a bit of eau de canal was still clinging to her, before gathering little bags of different substances. Then Vince calls you into the sitting room.

If Don's screams get too loud and annoying during the procedure, go in there and hit him hard enough on the head to knock him out.  Then go meet up with Vince while grousing about insane and incompetent teammates.
Don barely screams at all, so he must be pretty tough or unconscious from pain. You wait half an hour in the living room with Vince, complaining about how nobody else turns up on time.

"Sorry, but I can't do anything about the pain. If you are still willing to continue, it's going to hurt. Try to not scream very loudly."
Yeah, continue with the surgery as a free action. Keep the largest one intact like Don said and hand it to him as a weapon.

Do I have enough time to go to a shop that sells janitorial supplies to buy a steel mop?Do that. Then make it a level 3 broom with my 3 clots (One to make it a broom, 2 to upgrade it). Then affix my dragon knife in the end with glue, tape, bandages and thread. Return of the mop-spear!

Also, recover my caduceus from Nanami.

Let's do the spike removal. Make sure that Zamenis keeps the longest spike intact. Wand plans- I will sharpen the tip and carry it on me for the time being.

Also, should I have >5 puissance? I have a point in Puissant Fettle now.

As for my actual action, if I have time to go shopping, drop the Maserati that I stole off at the Bazaar. Time to go selling for goods/cash.

If I can't do that but do have time, go to the bazaar.

Sawing off the especially protuding spikes is easy enough, although Don passes out a minute in. By the end, Zamenis has a collection of the largest spikes to hand him.

Zamenis recreates his broom-spear, with a tough metal cleaning implement and very strong glue affixed to his life-draining dragon tooth. A fearsome weapon indeed. He then turns up to the meeting in Vince's sitting room.

Don meanwhile sells the Maserati at the magical market, only getting £1700 for it. The buyer, a kindly yeti matron, explains that stolen goods are more trouble than they're worth often, while human vehicles aren't particularly desirable to occult beings.

Money is really easy to get for witches. What with the misting over of magical events in the minds of mortals, their arcane abilities, and all. Just sayin'.

Not sure what Don wants at the market. Need some kind of specifics, unless it's just general browsing.

"Truthfully, what I need is some free time, Vince.  You think I could get a month without Amdukias on my back at some later date?"

Tell Dave I'll head right over for another one.  On the way there, sell the assault rifle back to the gunfarmers, and see if I can get a silenced pistol and some cash left over.

The next post is to cover most of the fight by the waterfront.  As usual, do some changes to make it look better, such as having Ben and Nanami sneak past the first few mind-controlled guards, only to get spotted by the weird crystal rock thing, who then has its people shoot at us.  We fight back, the crystal thing MCs Ben over some time, because he's the biggest target, and is more vulnerable than the others due to his odd magic.  While this was going on, Bella swoops in, as she was waiting for our signal, and fights it out with the overhead birds the rock had MCed.  Eventually, ben wounds a couple guys, gets MCed, Nanami uses illusions and knocks the gun away, which Bella picks up and finishes off the giant rock in an explosion.  This causes most of the MCed guys to panic, drop weapons, and flee.

After the battle, we got pretty lucky, getting away with only light wounds, Ben will give Nanami a good talk about how she needs to be able to defend herself, because it may not be just her at risk if she can't strike back, and how not everything we encounter can understand concepts like surrender or co-existance.  In addition, if she wants to do something great, there's no reason to be afraid of becoming powerful.  Also, the 'light' mentioned by the rock must be the power source, so we're on the right track.

Nanami is going to put on an illusion when going into Dave's, but it'll be in-between the usual stunning look and her natural look which is upgraded from that.  Other things to do are to advertise among the fanbase looking for a bird expert or enthusiast who lives in the city and to review Dave's suggestions for the new characters.  If one of them looks good, tell him to write it up and get ready for an introduction later.

As for powers and abilities, draw Nanami this time as beautiful to the limits of our skills to depict, including some additional hair length.  Do tell Dave that I'll get another video together soon.
You exchange the rifle for a silenced pistol and £200 or so.

The new episode goes well with Dave, and starts gaining traction again online almost at once, but it isn't enough to gain any more power. He hints clumsily that another video or something like it might be a good idea, for getting more attention. Dave has added one or two of his own characters already, just to keep the blog alive.

You rework your image again, hair down to your legs and legs down to the floor. Dave gets kinda flustered while doing this bit, so you keep him on background sketches. Irritating to have such a weak-willed mortal as the seat of your demonic power.

Having forcibly relocated every Coven member to the briefing room, a.k.a. his sitting room, Vince sets out your next task.

"While witch Covens generally work for themselves, by themselves, they do act as guards, mercenaries, assassins and other hirelings if the price is high enough to interest them. That's assuming anyone has a task strange, secret or life-threatening to hire large groups dangerous, barely-qualified idiots one step away from mortals."

Vince presses on almost before you can assume he was referring to everyone but you.

"Our client wants a very valuable item delivered to a buyer, one that has to be transported manually, across some difficult territory. I know what you're thinking, but no, you can't steal it, two powerful organisations would try to reclaim it, as would people far less scrupulous than you if you tried to hold onto it for more than a day. And that's saying nothing of what the item itself could do to you."

Vince sighs.

"Now we've established that you're not going to try and steal it, we'll tell you where to pick up the object in question. You'll want to stake a route out in advance, and talk to both sides about where you collect and drop off the thing. This would normally call for organisation, teamwork, and good judgement, but to be honest nobody else would touch the fucking thing, so you lot are carrying it. That being the case, please at least try and pretend you are capable of the things I just said."

Vince gives you the address of the buyer, a building in central London, and waves you away, opening a packet of crisps. Dealing with what the televison is calling a major biochemical attack, and what was absolutely your fault, seems to have tired him out substantially.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 11, 2018, 03:57:27 pm »

Okay, so do my back spikes count as magical samples?Don would have picked up a small pistol and holster at the gunfarmer's. Budget ~300. Also, I will buy a medical syringe and a sample of magical snake venom, something preferably acidic in nature that doesn't burn glass. I will fill the syringe partly with my blood, and then fill in the venom, then Chalice it. Chalice creation will take place next to a busy street on the way back. Two clots.

If I don't have time to do all this at the market, stick with the gun and syringe.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 03:21:32 pm by Doomblade187 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 11, 2018, 05:18:28 pm »

(Can't be me, Nanami is at least two steps away from being mortal.)

"So what are we hauling around, exactly?  And what are the hazards of it?  Do we just have to not touch it?  How big is it?  Can we just put it in a lead box and carry it in a bicycle basket, or a messenger bag?"

Give the pistol to Ben.

Take some pictures with the camera with Nanami 'made up', if makeup is required.  Phone Dave and basically let him know that I'll need an artist who can draw Nanami as good as I can look for the camera, and if he isn't sure he can manage, here's some sample images to use for practice.  If he's sure he can't handle it, ask him to help find someone who can, as he'll still be good for creatures and background images.  Send him the posed pictures.

Whatever the answers given by Vince, time to head out to scout the route.  Bring the camera.  Start at the downtown building, and try to figure out what the hazardous locations are, or at least the first one.  Also, try to find a good area for another practice video.  If I've got time, shell-shock a mortal somewhere into filming me going through some more wand practice, with my spells.  If Nanami didn't improve into her new image, use an illusion to look like it for the video.  The new spells should provide enough content for an interesting video.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:38:04 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 11, 2018, 05:20:31 pm »

"Okay, so much more powerful beings don't want to touch it, doing this requires skills that nobody here has, and it's a dangerous mission to boot. why do you expect me to do this for you, again? We're not a gang; you just dropped fifty pounds and a pamphlet on me and left your front door open. Honestly you can have the money back, I have no clue what it's good for at this point."

Hmm. Let's go find some particularly deserving mortals to test my six-cost spell on. As well as the effects of the first spell's gas.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 05:26:54 pm by Egan_BW »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 11, 2018, 06:15:40 pm »

Okay, so do my back spikes count as magical samples?Don would have picked up a small pistol and holster at the gunfarmer's. Budget ~300. Also, I will buy a vial of human blood, an medical syringe, and a sample of magical snake venom, something preferably acidic in nature that doesn't burn glass. I will mix these together in the syringe, and chalice it. Chalice creation will take place next to a busy street on the way back. Two clots.

If I don't have time to do all this at the market, stick with the gun and syringe.

The back spikes aren't very magical. Everything else you have there works.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 11, 2018, 06:26:17 pm »

(Oh, do we know the origin point as well?)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 07:09:24 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 11, 2018, 06:36:07 pm »

"I believe we might actually be in a gang. No one has any clue about what's going on. If you don't want the money, I'll take it. Make sure the door doesn't hit you, I heard it might be possesed by a ghost."
I'll assume I don't have any clots. I guess I'll just follow (with my broom, from above at a long distance) anyone who actually bothers to go to the adress and make sure they don't die.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:22:58 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Don shows some backbone
« Reply #1108 on: March 12, 2018, 04:04:06 am »

"Yeah, all those insults just remind me how useless this group is.  Sounds fun and all, but I ain't gonna go out with these shmucks to get shot at just so you can fill your pockets, asshole."

Ben goes and gets a tub of war bacon, then slumps down on the couch next to Vince to watch TV.  He doesn't share the bacon unless Vince shares his crisps.

...He has his P90 in his lap, BTW.  He doesn't really leave the thing, ever.

Edit: Ben also takes the offered suppressed pistol from Nanami, and stows it under his cost somewhere.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 12, 2018, 04:41:26 am »

Try to fix the damage to the space city that killed the AI's
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 86