Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153592 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Don shows some backbone
« Reply #1080 on: February 28, 2018, 11:55:58 am »

Bathe, change clothes, and re-bandage my hand.  Borrow Zamenis' caduceus, and replace my missing fingers, as well as curing the likely infection and recovering from the strain of recent combat.  Then, give it back to Zamenis.  If that works, check the mirror again and try to determine if that new rune is causing damage.  After that, test the self-affecting spell to get a better idea of what it does when I'm not under imminent attack.  Lastly, call up Dave and see how he's doing and if he's ready to work on another issue, so to speak.

Also, fill in Vince about what happened with the necromancer and such after I was seperated from the group.  Also, ask Vince if it's possible to have a rune removed from my mind if it's causing me problems.

"Zamenis, do you think you could heal my hand?"

(I'm sure there will be a demonic mission before too long, although this is, I think, the first free time I've had for Nanami for months and months, so I'm going to take advantage of it.)

(Also, I'm sure the shell is cool, until you try to take your shoes off.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:39:53 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 28, 2018, 12:02:57 pm »

((Does that means he can now do a reverse backstab? As in, step back to stab anyone behind him? That's a pretty cool power then.))

"Sorry, I'm currently busy right now. I can lend you my Vaduceus, the one made with my old spine and intestines. It can heal your wounds, but make sure to give it back after my spine surgery."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 28, 2018, 12:14:53 pm »

"Sure, I'll give it back no problem."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 28, 2018, 12:17:48 pm »

Zamenis hands Nanami the Caduceus.
"Go ahead. The snakes are quite talkative, too."
(Action edited to give Nanami the Caduceus.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 28, 2018, 03:29:52 pm »

"Also, about that rifle...  Hang on to it for now, but I'm going to need it back in a day or so.  I'll need the money soon."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 28, 2018, 04:01:18 pm »

"Zamemis, a favor please after I help out.
Separate from those for my spine. Could you break down these longer spikes, provided they're not part of my nerves or under two inches long? I need to look professional."

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 28, 2018, 05:21:28 pm »

"Yeah, you can keep the rifle. I'm not really comfortable using common firearms and I didn't really use it a lot. Just take it."

"I can do that. But if you die because they are connected to your nerves, then it's your fault. I have not performed surgery on anything similar to this before, not even on corpses."

(Action edited, again.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:24:26 pm by randomgenericusername »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 28, 2018, 07:13:25 pm »

Jane takes a quick look around Vince's place.
"Good lord what is happening in there!?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Don shows some backbone
« Reply #1088 on: March 02, 2018, 03:50:56 am »

Ben shrugs.  "Doc Pain decided he needed someone's spine.  Now Don's got the mother of all casts.  Word of advice kid, if a guy needs to reassure you that they're a doctor, they really aren't a doctor.  Just go to the hospital."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 02, 2018, 07:46:30 am »

"I WAS a doctor, to be specific. Hospitals just don't like those who experiment on living patients. And dead patients."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 02, 2018, 07:56:49 am »

"And now this undead guy owes me, and I came out okay."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 02, 2018, 06:38:38 pm »

"Well, until you have to tie your shoes, but sure."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 02, 2018, 06:45:54 pm »

((Be glad you don't have to harvest potatoes like that!~))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 02, 2018, 08:04:14 pm »

((Heh.  I'd run that game, but it would demand a different GM than myself.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 05, 2018, 02:51:53 pm »

Did I gain a clot, too?
Go ahead and test all my spells on a brick wall. Murdering folks to find out what this thing does isn't right, but a 12-year-old cares not for property damage. Anything that doesn't work on an inanimate object, I can work out later. At least I'll get all the puissance costs.
Don't I get some idea of what the spells do anyway? I recall Nanami getting something like that when she upgraded her wand.
Also... Tumbling through an eldritch realm, I must have seen some unique things. With my runic vision. Eh? [waggles eyebrows]

Go to the center of a large park, and use a destructive spell from my wand to carve a large Megafauna rune in the soil. Then hide and observe what comes.

No.

The first spell expels a steady stream of barely visible, sweet smelling gas. No ill effects, but you get the feeling it would work a little different on someone not controlling the wand. Costs puissance over time. Gas seems to linger in one place.

Another spell completely removes an object's odour. Two puissance, or one if it's a small object like a bannana or severed hand.

A third spell costs six puissance, does something to stuff around you. You don't know what. Going to have to test it near mortals to see, I guess.

Another two puissance spell makes you smell amazing to everyone around you. Couple of witches could definitely use that.

A four puissance spell lets you imitate the scent of things around you, or transfer odours from one object to another. Good for camoflauge or seeming threatening or something maybe.

You didn't see much. Stuff saw you though. Maybe that's more important, I don't know.

You don't have any spell capable of wholesale destruction like that, but you carve up some earth with a stick in the massive, intricate shape of the megabeast rune. Climbing a tree far away and blending your odour in with the branches, you watch and wait.

Runic sight: 1+1

Drawn by the faint resonance of the great rune, two megabeasts arrive to investigate. One, a cacophony of rusted cars and smashed scrap steel, a metal mantis the size of an oil rig, stops to chew up a few metal fences before wandering off again. It leaves a trail of crypto-organic metal in its wake, tiny parasites crawling and writhing, sections of dead body armour scattered across the green. The second great creature flows from the earth, from manhole covers and ornamental fountains. A mass of sewage and effluence, cloudy yellow eyes peer from hastily assembled stalks, as the sewer gestalt looks concernedly for the thing that calls it, before disappearing back into the underground. Lord knows what grim artefacts it dredged up.

Great. Now I just have to do surgery to myself to affix the spine to my back. Use the help of the snakes and a mirror to do it and put the spine on my back. Before the surgery, lend Nanami the Caduceus so she can heal herself and give the rifle back to her. After surgery is done, help Don with his spiky problem (Removing the spikes that are too big).
Don will offer to assist. It's only polite. Afterwards, he will ask Zamenis to break off the longer spikes so they're no more than two inches long-term uniform, across the back. Only do this if it won't cause physical harm.
Don and Zamenis have a whale of a time affixing the new spine to Zamenis' back. The snakes are helpful and well-informed, and the operation goes without a hitch.

Sawing though the bone spikes is a bit of a problem, as Don starts screaming and thrashing about half an inch in. Looks like there's a bit of nerve in them too, then. Never can tell with occult medicine. Now, "physical harm" is a vague concept. Sawing them off is going to cause mind-numbing agony, but probably won't reduce his bodily function in any way.

Anyway, you can have that action for free next turn, if you want to take it.

Bathe, change clothes, and re-bandage my hand.  Borrow Zamenis' caduceus, and replace my missing fingers, as well as curing the likely infection and recovering from the strain of recent combat.  Then, give it back to Zamenis.  If that works, check the mirror again and try to determine if that new rune is causing damage.  After that, test the self-affecting spell to get a better idea of what it does when I'm not under imminent attack.  Lastly, call up Dave and see how he's doing and if he's ready to work on another issue, so to speak.

Also, fill in Vince about what happened with the necromancer and such after I was seperated from the group.  Also, ask Vince if it's possible to have a rune removed from my mind if it's causing me problems.

"Zamenis, do you think you could heal my hand?"

(I'm sure there will be a demonic mission before too long, although this is, I think, the first free time I've had for Nanami for months and months, so I'm going to take advantage of it.)

(Also, I'm sure the shell is cool, until you try to take your shoes off.)
You heal and replenish yourself. The new rune isn't causing visible damage. If it's going to kill you, it's probably very slow, nothing you need to worry about at them moment.

The self-affecting spell covers your entire body with sharps glass shards and splinters. Going to make you a very, very nasty presence in melee combat.

Dave is ready. Really, he was getting worried about you. Your online presence is declining, and he seems like he though he was missing out on a good thing.

You tell Vince what happens, and he congratulates you on probably saving everyone's lives, noting that the Coven owes you one. He isn't qualified to stick his fingers into your mind himself, but he could certainly recommend someone.

An illusion of Vince appears in front of each Coven member.

"Finish what you're doing and get back here, you occasionally useful tossers, we've got something else for you."

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86