Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154189 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #765 on: September 25, 2017, 05:49:36 pm »

"Even as a demigod?"

"Ahh, fair enough."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:51:15 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 25, 2017, 06:34:55 pm »

"Hey, does your blood taste good? I'd prefer if it tasted good. Can I mix in some pomegranate juice? Would that just make it taste weird?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 25, 2017, 06:56:19 pm »

"Im leaving this room"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 25, 2017, 08:43:59 pm »

A god without its immortality, you say? I smell an opportunity...

Anyone wanna go god-hunting?

ATHATH said he would teach me pyromancy for some spacerocks, so give him some spacerocks and learn pyromancy if he has the time right now.[/b]
Perform the trade, then burn/melt one (and ONLY one) of the (multiple) space rocks that I receive in order to learn some mind-related pyromancy talent (maybe the ability to hypnotize people with flames?).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 25, 2017, 08:56:37 pm »

"I'm always game for details, but right now I'm a bit tied up with my own powers and planning some extortion.  Do keep me informed, though, I'm listening."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 25, 2017, 09:03:42 pm »

A brief insight into the mind of ATHATH:
Okay, so the parties involved in this situation are the following:
Banana Tree Spirit: Can divine important/significant/lucky/unlucky numbers (possibly including the coordinates that we need for this mission), wants me to cut her string, wants me to enact revenge on the person who tied the string around her (which I already have), string might give an interesting pyromancy if burned, the tree might give an interesting pyromancy if burned, freeing her might PO Ghost-Mafia Guy even more
Sen: Basically a portable version of the techno-necromancers, is bound to me, used to work for Ghost-Mafia Guy, is sensitive to magic
Ghost-Mafia Guy: Orders hits on spirits based on the requests of clients, might have a superior, doesn't trust me very much right now, dislikes me, wants me to kill Immortal Guy, has a considerable amount of power (which I might be able to scrounge from his corpse (do ghosts leave ectoplasmic corpses?))
Johnson: Immortal, highly skilled (martial arts is a known skill of his), a bit of an a-hole, holds grudges
Not-Immortal Deity: Had his immortality stolen(?) by Johnson, not much else is known about him

Okay, I (as always) have a plan.

In addition to my other action, ask the Techno-Necromancers about more specifics on this not-immortal deity. What does it have dominion/power over? How powerful is it?

Use my Practicality skill to check to see if I'm being watched, followed, or the like. If not, pay a visit to Johnson's house for a friendly chat. Tell him that the Ghost Mafia wants me to kill him to prove my worth, but I have other plans, and I'd like his help to take down (or at least harm) the Ghost Mafia. Was there a story behind him stealing that deity's immortality?

Oh, and collect and burn (for a pyromancy) the shavings produced by Nanami's engraving of Bella's broom.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:54:34 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #771 on: September 25, 2017, 10:47:26 pm »

+1 to banal weapons, no surprise there.

First things first, he'll take some of those knives out of the bag and store them in his clothes.  He's not gonna be completely unarmed the next time someone takes his bag.

...Oh, and because it just occured to me, is the gunfarmer P90 sufficiently different from a regular P90 that cleaning it like one would have poor consequences?  Because Ben definitely takes care of his weapons, and would treat it like any other.

Nanami finds Ben in the middle of cleaning his new machine gun, with it mostly dissassembled and the parts meticulously spread across a table.  He turns to her with an angry scowl when she interrupts with her question.

"Why's it a good idea to learn to use a gun?  We just saw why!  Because there's tons of people out there who do know, or don't but have strength, and when they decide to take what you have, you damn well better be able to defend yourself.  It's a miracle you and miss blue-on-blue managed to survive after I got knocked out!"

He sighs, and turns back to the gun, carefully oiling a mechanism.  "As for pacifists, ugh.  Naive little children who've been defended from the world for too long and don't know what it's like.  You know how many wars I've been in, fighting to protect people, only to come back and get yelled at for 'senseless slaughter' and 'war crimes'--as if people respect law when their life is threatened!--by the stupid little 'pacifists' I just saved?  Far too many.  I always see those people end up dead to bullets, or knives if I couldn't find a gun.  Pacifists are like those people we just fought, they had no idea what they were doing, I mean--!" Ben slams his fist on the table, and violently turns around to shove a piece of metal towards Nanami's face.

"Just look at the grime on this!  Who does this to a gun?!  It's no wonder he couldn't hit a damn thing with it, nobody there had any idea how to treat their weapons!  This grime-" he shakes the piece for emphasis "-is what pacifists do once they're forced to defend themselves!  They get the biggest gun they can find, and then assume nobody will ever mess with them, out of fear.  Then they die, because they don't have a clue!"

He pauses and scowls, then turns back to his work.  After a minute, he speaks again, much calmer now.  "By the way, if you see that idiot machete lady again, tell her I'm pretty angry about her wasting all my ammo after I got knocked out.  She better get me more if she wants to have a happy career here."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 25, 2017, 10:54:00 pm »

Bella shouts from the next room over.
"Oi, you're the one who got hit by mind-control pheromones or whatever! You can't blame me for what happens when you have no fucking willpower at all!"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #773 on: September 26, 2017, 01:17:04 am »

"That's it!"

Ben violently stands up, knocking over his chair in the process, and draws a knife from somewhere.  He stops a moment to politely let Nanami get out of his way, then storms from the room while warning her not to touch his gun.  He starts shouting as soon as he's out of the room.

"AGAIN with the mind control gas!  I told you I was fine, I have great resistance against that stuff!  But then you had to steal my bag, I hadn't even known you were an ally, did you expect me to just ignore you?!  If I hadn't, hadn't," he pauses, blinks, then continues yelling at Bella, this time with an accusational knife being pointed towards her "And regardless of what I did, you shouldn't have wasted an entire magazine on a damn rock!  At least shoot the people who're shooting at you!  You wasted MY ammo, so you better pay for it, or you're more trouble than you're worth here."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 26, 2017, 02:10:12 pm »

Oh, and for planning purposes, what's the pendant recharge limit with a zero ritual?  And it is just a recharge limit, and there's no cap on the number ready to go?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:12:35 pm by Devastator »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 26, 2017, 02:41:08 pm »

Just a limit. And it varies with the magnitude of the pendant's function, but for a zero-rit, it's ages.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 26, 2017, 02:52:11 pm »

Does ages mean several minutes, once per combat, or long enough it might not regen between combats?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:56:23 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 26, 2017, 04:06:37 pm »

"Hmm. You don't understand why I shot the rock? Did you not see that the guys stopped shooting at us? In fact, have you even noticed all the crazy magic shit that's been happening? You've been treating that living gun like a normal object..."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 26, 2017, 04:37:31 pm »

Does ages mean several minutes, once per combat, or long enough it might not regen between combats?
Depends on the pendant in question, they take varying amounts of time to recharge. It will take longer and be less effective if you have zero rit though.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 26, 2017, 04:42:32 pm »

((Hmm, thought it mentioned that there was no difference in strength between a pendant used by a weak rit user and a strong one in the OP, just slower recharges and fewer of them.))
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 86