Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154181 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #750 on: September 25, 2017, 02:44:47 pm »

I get the alchemist in a chokehold, and if i fail i just run,if i get him in the chokehold i ask him this
"How about i ask you the same question, what are you doing here?"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 25, 2017, 03:57:23 pm »

+1 to Puissant Fettle.  ((Do mark that this one isn't from Amdukias.))

Debrief the river-spirit.  "I'm not sure.  I'm not even certain those were the right, or only, group of assholes.  They had lights, though, that's for certain.  I'll check back in a week or so and you let me know if the job still needs doing, okay?"

Head back to Vince's.  On the way there, look in on the gryphon by the apartment.  If it's gone, look for a bit of fur or a few feathers or something.

When at Vince's, examine the rocks with mundane and magical senses, and show them to Vince to get his opinion.  Ask his opinion on trying to talk the rock-creature into making a deal.. is that the kind of thing Vince might be interested in doing?  Are the rock shards worth anything to him?

There's a lot of stuff that I'd like to do non-combat wise right now, but first up is some conversations.

To everyone except Ben, Nanami would like to know if you want to get in on her deal, where you can get somewhat of your choice of abilities, in return for something else.  There may be a few conditions, but she'd like to discuss what's going on like that now, before depicting your characters.

To Ben, Nanami will talk about how she's writing stuff about their adventures, and she would like to be told why it's a good idea to learn how to use a gun, and what Ben thinks about pacifists.

As per the conversation with Bella, and the deal with Amdukias, sort out the requisite blood-drinking required to designate her as a recipient for some new granted power.
It's also a good time to run some long-overdue tests and get ready for the next set of write-ups.  First off, check out the wound made for Bella, and see if it heals normally.  Next, gather up the extra hair in a tail and cut it off, looking to see if anything happens.

After that, need to purchase some more gear.  Painting supplies for a large landscape (the gryphon), a glass cutter and a battery-powered soldering iron, and eighty feet of red cloth, along with sewing supplies including a goodly amount of white rag and thread.

Lastly, try to start a controlled fire with gasoline somewhere outdoors, and use my wand's crystallization spell to get a 'not fire crystal' from the resulting flames.  Use an illusion to put a disguise on before doing this.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:31:26 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 25, 2017, 04:04:30 pm »

I might be interested with the powers thing.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 25, 2017, 04:12:11 pm »

I might be interested with the powers thing.
"Sure.  Do you know how it works, or would you like me to explain it?  And what sort of power are you interested in?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 25, 2017, 04:18:14 pm »

"Oi, can you make me go faster?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 25, 2017, 04:22:37 pm »

"Oi, can you make me go faster?"

"Should be able to.  Would you like a spell that makes you go faster?"

"Any changes to your appearance?  It'll likely get changed a bit due to having to draw pictures of you, so it'll be a side-effect."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 25, 2017, 04:25:52 pm »

"Yeah yeah, make my hair red. That'll probably make me go faster too, cause that's how collective consciousness works. Because, uh, red is a fast color I think."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 25, 2017, 04:30:41 pm »

"That might actually happen."

"Here's how it works.  I need to give you a bit of my power to have belief affect me, and then I introduce you to my fans, and then you'll have it when I've got enough people who think you already do."

"So basically you drink some of my blood, and you should get your power over the next week or so."

"In return, I'd like to borrow your broom for several hours at some point in the future, and it goes to me if you should happen to die."

"You okay with that?"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:33:26 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 25, 2017, 04:33:19 pm »

"'Some point in the future' is pretty vague, Nam. Got any better idea of when?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 25, 2017, 04:40:19 pm »

"It'll depend on when I'm ready to try and make a move against my other boss.  Not for quite some time and I'll let you know again closer to the day in question."

"That said, these aren't binding deals like with big demons or something, we can be flexable.  If you don't want to do that then, just say so and we'll work it out.  I'm just letting you know what I'm interested in."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:52:44 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 25, 2017, 04:41:51 pm »

"I am already regretting asking this"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 25, 2017, 04:53:37 pm »

"I am already regretting asking this"

"Aww, don't be like that.  Was there anything you wanted to do but had trouble doing?  Are you happy with your new wand, for instance?  I can use it to make or change items as well, and then you don't have to drink blood."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:00:10 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 25, 2017, 04:55:28 pm »

"Okay, that's acceptable. You'll owe me four clots and a broom if you break it, though."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 25, 2017, 04:59:15 pm »

"Okay, just gotta get one of those knives from Ben, and sort that out..."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 25, 2017, 05:14:38 pm »

"My wand is fine. But im not going to join a cult."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 86