Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154079 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"I guess I should get one more 'weapon' before I return... how tedious."

Search shops for a Rubix cube, shouldn't be too hard to find. Buy it and turn it into a pendant with my remaining clot.
How would you like the cube patterned? Solved? Messed up/unsolved? Checkerboard?

Fixed. That is probably my going to have an effect on it's power, come to think of it. Thanks.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

"Hmmm. Summoning really struck me more as an act of bringing a demon into existence rather that summoning a snake grenade. Swings and round abouts."
Check to see if my chalice has blown up. I'm not sure how this chalice junk works; do I still need that chalice or can I just summon this shit in as needed? Regardless, if it HAS blown up, scamper away to some abandoned area. If not, grab it and THEN scamper. Leave the scene of the crime, regardless. While I am itching to put another blast of snakes through something, I also want to extend my fragile life long enough to die in an extremely interesting way.

No chalice required from now on, you just summon the thing. Magic is convenient like that. Sometimes.
If you want to think of it as an entity, it's a hivemind of reality-bending ghost-snakes that you can (hopefully) control.

"Oooo, fancy!" Walk up to a random passerbye and ask if there are any monsters to kill. "Hello good sir, do you know of any monsters that I can brutally rip to shreds and get more powerful for ripping them to shreds?"
You accost some city type with a suit and briefcase. He edges away from you and keeps walking. Probably didn't hear.

"IN CASE YOU DIDN'T HEAR ME SIR, I WAS HOPING YOU COULD HELP ME ESTABLISH A CYCLE OF BEAST SLAYING AND SELF-IMPROVEMENT VIA MURDER. NO?"

Wand seems interesting. Cover eyes, and talk to him. Sir? Do you remember...existing..before now?
Did I turn an animal into that? Did I simply create him? Will be innately want to help me, once he's in a better situation? Also, since I pulled the hand off of a clock, wouldn't that mean I bought a whole clock? Or am I not thinking of something?
He looks at you blankly. And barks. The kids scream even louder.

Well shit.

((You can have the ruined clock face, sure, I'll put it on your sheet))

Go over to the centaurs and ask one of them to pee in the cup. If they agree, make that my chalice(spend a clot)
You wander over to the (creatures? People?) stepping over several mounds of steaming dung.

"Plainclothes urine test!" you shout at one of them, brandishing Belial's certificate.

The centaur, two hunks of steaming and overdeveloped muscle, looks away from his frisbee game unhappily. From the way he's staring at title, you're pretty sure he can't read.

"What is this, like, 1984, mate?" he asks unhappily, but agrees to piss into a sports drink container with the label hastily torn off.

You wander over to the over side of the park, hearing as the centaur gallops off to a friend, "It's fine mate, I conned him proper, I've been doing weed with my human half and he took the piss sample from the horse!"

You prepare the chalice, a mixture of lucozade, protein powder, and centaur urine, then step back to get a good view of what happens. The disgusting yellow-green stuff froths and then overflows from the bottle, leaking away into the ground. Nothing happens for a few seconds. Then a monstrous thing of bulging muscle ten feet high is forced from the earth.

At the bottom is a six foot slab of bulk with a pair of arms twice as large as humans arms should be. On top of that is a slightly more human torso, albeit that of a four-armed obsessive body builder. Instead of a neck and head, the thing culminates in one giant hand half the size of you, formed into a fist pointed up at the sky. The demon flails about from its base grabbing and punching randomly at the air around you, before shooting back into the earth a couple of seconds later.

Head over once they arrive, knife hidden, playing the part of a curious civvie.  Look around for the cops, and in particular for the rare cop that actually has a gun.  If one is found, go stab him and immediately go for the gun.  If one isn't found, just find someone relatively isolated, slash their throat, then run off leaving them to die.

Also, I said to transfer a point from aim to melee, but my sheet doesn't reflect this change.

((I'll be ready just as soon as I'm done playing septuagenarian GTA.))
You can't find a cop with a gun, despite the cries of arson. Seems like nobody heard your terrorist cries. You settle on an elderly officer with a taser in his belt having a quiet smoke round the corner.

2 vs 1+1

You sneak up on the police officer, and go for his throat only to recieve an elbow to the stomach. The two of you grapple, and he manages to get a grip on your knife hand before both of you grab the taser at his belt. You're forced to an awkward stalemate despite the array of deadly tools at your opponent's belt, where anyone who lets go risks getting incapacitated nearly instantly. The policeman meanwhile is screaming his head off for help.

Now to "Assemble" my magical weapon.
>"Tie" the light bulb to the "bottom"(Cut off part) of the Antenna using the copper wire by rapping it around the bottom of the bulb in the spirally things it comes with, Continuing upwards as far as I can.
>Next I wrap the Wire with some Cloth, Making somewhat of a Crude handle that I probably won't let go of.
>Finally I try to turn it into a Staff/Wand Depending on length.

Regardless of success I think I'll go a Sight seein next.
Wand by length and thickness. Two spells.

You catch a glimpse of an anchorite meditating in a locked phone booth, and watch a thirty foot giraffe with outsize teeth and horns fight against heavily armoured hunters perched on foortops with crossbows. You see a crenellated and imperious castle floating on the surface of the Thames, a friendly-looking man walking into a NHS surgery carrying a tree limb, a grumpy alchemist's shop in a metro station, and hear an impossibly deep and loud foghorn call as something half a mile wide surfaces in a river before diving to unknown depths.

"I guess I should get one more 'weapon' before I return... how tedious."

Search shops for a Rubix cube, shouldn't be too hard to find. Buy it, make sure it is unsolved and turn it into a pendant with my remaining clot.
Done.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

((My character is a gentleman. A crazy one, yes, but I don't think he would shout.)) Run around until I'm out of the area that the golem guy protects, and start testing my scythe against different objects, not including people. Everything else is fine to hit.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Tell him to...I dunno, sit? Stay? Roll over? Attempt to lead him away from normal people, as to help prevent revealing Magic to the mundane world. I hope that either I can control him or that this is temporary. Also, I'm sorta surprised that I was able to buy just the clock's face, and not the gears and other stuff that make up a clock. Now, what can I do with just a clock face? Probably too big for a pendant or talisman. How big is the clock face, anyway? And what does it seem to be made of?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can have anything in the clock that isn't the minute hand. And it's plastic. Diamater of your head

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"This will likely be dangerous.. but that's fine, not like I care."
Lucian mopes before invoking the pendant in a somewhat populated area. Civvies are good for testing the powers of my pendant.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Whelp, Best go find somewhere out of th' way to test out this thing, probably stare at anything large and Mean that looks like it's coming at me...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:19:10 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

((Even better than I expected))

Seeing as he is probably done with his arcane objects, Micky heads out to find one of his new comrades.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Bolly.

Oh, since it seems my action of scampering didn't go through, lets do this instead. Find myself some sort of container, search a trash can for a soda can or something. Gather up some of this blood and flesh and crap that my summon created. Who knows, it might be useful later and is probably at least mildly magical.

Can I talk to my summon? Sand would like to converse with something big and demonic now that her potential love interest has disappeared. Possibly having been reduced to giblets in a very unintentional manner.

If not, go walking. I want to find myself a friendly supernatural friend. Someone to talk up about this magic stuff. Maybe sneak off to a pub with.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: a RTD about Urban Witchcraft (Full, Waitlist Open) (Creating Weapons)
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2017, 11:31:35 am »

((My character is a gentleman. A crazy one, yes, but I don't think he would shout.)) Run around until I'm out of the area that the golem guy protects, and start testing my scythe against different objects, not including people. Everything else is fine to hit.
You take public transport into a secluded suburban square and start slashing things to bits.

The scythe is incredibly light and hard, and the blade is sharp enough to cut though wood with a good sweep. You can't slice through metal, but you can leave some pretty deep gouges in a car hood.

Tell him to...I dunno, sit? Stay? Roll over? Attempt to lead him away from normal people, as to help prevent revealing Magic to the mundane world. I hope that either I can control him or that this is temporary. Also, I'm sorta surprised that I was able to buy just the clock's face, and not the gears and other stuff that make up a clock. Now, what can I do with just a clock face? Probably too big for a pendant or talisman. How big is the clock face, anyway? And what does it seem to be made of?
The naked guy sits awkwardly, like he isn't used to having legs longer than his arms, and responds to a few commands. You lead him away by putting a stick through his mouth. You get a few odd looks, but manage to get to a secluded spot in the bushes. The newlymade human whines slightly.

"This will likely be dangerous.. but that's fine, not like I care."
Lucian mopes before invoking the pendant in a somewhat populated area. Civvies are good for testing the powers of my pendant.

You find a nice busy street and start testing magical artifacts.

A few seconds after you use the pendant, something funny happens to the nearest intersection. All four sets of traffic lights go green, then one set turns off entirely while the rest alternate apparently at random. A deadlock quickly develops, accompanied by much honking and swearing.

Whelp, Best go find somewhere out of th' way to test out this thing, probably stare at anything large and Mean that looks like it's coming at me...
Sadly nothing attacks you, so you wander into an abandoned warehouse and start shooting.

One spell fires lengths of copper wire glowing with heat from the wand. It costs two points of puissance to use.
The other, as you observe through tests on innocent pedestrians, seems to blind and disorient someone temporarily and undetectably.

Bolly.

Oh, since it seems my action of scampering didn't go through, lets do this instead. Find myself some sort of container, search a trash can for a soda can or something. Gather up some of this blood and flesh and crap that my summon created. Who knows, it might be useful later and is probably at least mildly magical.

Can I talk to my summon? Sand would like to converse with something big and demonic now that her potential love interest has disappeared. Possibly having been reduced to giblets in a very unintentional manner.

If not, go walking. I want to find myself a friendly supernatural friend. Someone to talk up about this magic stuff. Maybe sneak off to a pub with.

Movement can be for free when not in a time-pressured or combat situation, but sure, you get a can of road-guts.

The demon seems pretty uncommunicative, mainly invested in rushing about turning things into flesh and flesh into... whatever the flesh happens to be next to at the time.
You attempt to go networking, but get interrupted by some kind of psychic projection from Vince. Apparently he wants you back to base.

Wrest both weapons away from him, and then slash his throat!  Then loot the whole belt and flee.

((Why no bonus from my points in banal combat?))

((You had 3 banal, 1 melee. The weapons officer had two in both.))

6v2

Lucky bugger.

You yank the knife upwards unexpectedly, twisting it round and across his sternum and neck. The officer releases his grip and falls to the ground, at which point you make off with the goods just before help arrives. You get back Vince's house a little giddy from bloodshed and clutching a taser, a riot baton, handcuffs, a stab vest, a torch, incapacitant spray, and a first aid kit.

There may be some wanted posters going up pretty soon, provided you survive the next few days. Mortals forget magic quickly, but there's nothing very arcane about stabbing someone.

((Even better than I expected))

Seeing as he is probably done with his arcane objects, Micky heads out to find one of his new comrades.
You find that Goethe fellow in a park. With a naked dude holding a stick in their mouth. And you walk away sharpish.

GM NOTE:
multiple actions (though not multiple bolded posts) are allowed each turn. DOn't always expect to get everthing done, but there's a chance you might do if it's simple or quick.

As night falls, everyone hears Vince's magically transmitted voice booming in their ears, telling them to finish arming themselves and get back to his yard sharpish. There's also quite a bit of swearing and abuse involved, it being Vince, but the main message is to hurry up.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: a RTD about Urban Witchcraft (Full, Waitlist Open) (Creating Weapons)
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2017, 11:39:52 am »

Attempt to clothe my new companion. The animal-turned-person, too. Avoid spending more that a little money, but at least cover up the private parts. On that subject, quickly check their gender first. Then, head back to base.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:22:26 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2017, 12:10:11 pm »

Rip the car to shreds.

Go to Vince's place.

On the way to Vince's place do my Cane Slam a few times.

Make up a little song about the Cane Slam and write it down.

Make sure the song has the words 'ache' and 'break' in it.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2017, 12:12:48 pm »

Head back to see what this hologram that looks like death wants. Does it want me to kill the jedi?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2017, 12:28:05 pm »

Your name's Mickey, right? Anyway, how have your weapons been coming along? I've got a wand that shoots hot molasses and makes things spin, and my talisman makes animals into humans. No intelligence included, though. *gestures toward bare humanoid*

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 86