Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153990 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

..The voice seems contradictory to the pendant. The pendant's an animal collar, with fur, yet the god seems to be about LOSING hair, becoming LESS like an animal. Odd indeed.

And I didn't mean asking the voice about itself. I meant trying to 'feel' the magic of the wand and pendant, seeing what I could find out about their spells/effect.

EDIT:If I could try out my spells safely while having the time to regenerate to max Puissanse, do that in a safe location.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:07:40 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

Get a bottle of sports drink, and mix the drink with protein powder. This will be used as a chalice one I find some magical liquid. Speaking of, go find some magic shit to finish the chalice.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"Well, I guess I should see what these do..."

Test my spells, sighing in a unsatisfied manner
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Oh on the contrary Jeremy, my ophidian friend, I am completely sane. I simply advocate a particular kind of joyful experimental zeal that many people mistake for madness. I suppose that combined with my general energetic attitude and appearance it is an understandable accident. Much like how a crown of bones might make someone mistake you for a dangerous beastie, as opposed to your reality as a charming gentleman."

Stop swirling the mixture for a moment.

"By the way, I can't help noticing that, on top of being probably the coolest thing I've ever seen while not in the depths of a ketamine coma, you are an enormous phallic object. As such, I hope you don't get the wrong idea when I ask this: Can I ride you?"

Hold the glass up to my face and keep swirling.

"Not that I would mind either way, I've heard snakes are of the...dual wielding variety in terms of genitalia, so thats an adventure in and of itself. BUT! BUT! I am new to this..." Wave my hand at him and the other magical silliness around me, "Paranormal experience and would very much like to get a gonzo style initiation into it if you are willing to allow me to tag along with you for a day or two. After all, a budding summoner would do well to make as many supranormal contacts as possible. I mean, summoning isn't always about magic and such. Maybe sometimes summoning is about calling my big snakey mate Jeremy over to my flat to watch antique's roadshow."

Dump in two clots as I talk.

"I don't really know reptile etiqutte, so stop me if I'm being rude, but are you a Basilisk? Because that would be just freaking awesome."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:09:33 pm by piecewise »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

PTW.

(Drat.  I'm late.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Let's just find a fairly flammable building in an area where there's plenty of people around, then light and throw the molotov at it, preferably somewhere that the flames won't be easy to reach--high up, if my char has the arm for it.  Then scream some anarchist bullshit and run away to hide.  Wait for sirens.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

..The voice seems contradictory to the pendant. The pendant's an animal collar, with fur, yet the god seems to be about LOSING hair, becoming LESS like an animal. Odd indeed.

And I didn't mean asking the voice about itself. I meant trying to 'feel' the magic of the wand and pendant, seeing what I could find out about their spells/effect.

EDIT:If I could try out my spells safely while having the time to regenerate to max Puissanse, do that in a safe location.

You wander into a nice secluded bit of a park where you'll be mistaken for a harmless jogger or addict and get testing.

The wand can fire a blob of extremely fast, near-boiling molasses. There are burn marks on the trees you hit, the stuff's pretty hot.
It can also, as you find out by accidentally pointing it at a kid on a skateboard, make someone spin round unusually fast. The guys gets away with a sick 1080 and mild trauma, but this could really make a difference in a fight, and could even be used on an ally for a melee combo.

The pendant definitely does something. You feel the energy flow out of it, as it becomes temporarily unuseable for about an hour. But you can't tell what.

You notice a naked guy wandering around near a picknicking family. He seems dazed and confused, and isn't communicating. The father is making threats of violence, the mother is covering her son's eyes, and the rest of the kids are screaming something about a dog.

I Head down to a hardware store a buy the following before wandering off to find a car with a nice long antena to cut off.
>£10 worth of copper wire
>£5 worth of Cloth
>a light bulb
All done. If anyone notices your illegal activity, they're too polite or terrified to say anything about it.

"Well, I guess I should see what these do..."

Test my spells, sighing in a unsatisfied manner
You're able to turn your staff into a three foot long brass staff, spiked with brass flowers and electrified. It drains about 2 puissance to use it for ten seconds.

By slamming the weapon into the ground, you can either throw up a ring of floral brass spikes around you, or cover yourself in heavy brass petal armour for 20 seconds. These cost 5 and 4 puissance points respectively.

Test my spells at the nearest inanimate object.
You wave your ivory cane in the air experimentally. It transforms into a long-handled ivory scythe, with a blade of sharp serrated tusk. This drains about two puissance for twenty seconds.

When you slam the cane townwards, for 6 puissance you send out some kind of flow of energy. Everyone around you staggers, and several start to complain of bone ache. One man trips over, breaking his hip despite falling very lightly. The symptoms clear up after a dozen seconds, but you're pretty sure it was your doing.

Nothing like using people as ants for your sport, eh?

"Oh on the contrary Jeremy, my ophidian friend, I am completely sane. I simply advocate a particular kind of joyful experimental zeal that many people mistake for madness. I suppose that combined with my general energetic attitude and appearance it is an understandable accident. Much like how a crown of bones might make someone mistake you for a dangerous beastie, as opposed to your reality as a charming gentleman."

Stop swirling the mixture for a moment.

"By the way, I can't help noticing that, on top of being probably the coolest thing I've ever seen while not in the depths of a ketamine coma, you are an enormous phallic object. As such, I hope you don't get the wrong idea when I ask this: Can I ride you?"

Hold the glass up to my face and keep swirling.

"Not that I would mind either way, I've heard snakes are of the...dual wielding variety in terms of genitalia, so thats an adventure in and of itself. BUT! BUT! I am new to this..." Wave my hand at him and the other magical silliness around me, "Paranormal experience and would very much like to get a gonzo style initiation into it if you are willing to allow me to tag along with you for a day or two. After all, a budding summoner would do well to make as many supranormal contacts as possible. I mean, summoning isn't always about magic and such. Maybe sometimes summoning is about calling my big snakey mate Jeremy over to my flat to watch antique's roadshow."

Dump in two clots as I talk.

"I don't really know reptile etiqutte, so stop me if I'm being rude, but are you a Basilisk? Because that would be just freaking awesome."

Jeremy blushes an attractive bluish colour against his green skin, and pretends not to hear some of your more candid comments about serpent biology.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't object to giving a lady a lift to somewhere in the vicinity, though I'm not sure that I should get too involved with a witch... I'm part of the non-violent magical community, you see, and Coven involvement tends to make situations rather complex."

He looks at you to make sure you've got the message.

"I mean, they kill people. Frequently. And not just snacks - I mean, mortals - but sometimes rather major figures. So it might be in both our interests for me not too introduce you to too many powerful people."

"And yes, I am technically a basilisk, not that I can do the stone thing, though that reminds me of a rather funny story - good Lord!"

You create the chalice. The skull immediately shines with a brilliant white light and becomes immensely heavy. You drop it and step back out of instinct.

A column of writhing, completely transparent snakes erupts from the ground as the light fades, arcing though the air before smashing through a bus shelter, scraping along the sides of a stone wall, and flying screaming across the street under a bus to fade away into nothing, just as you get the knack of steering it.

Blood oozes from a network of thick swollen veins lining huge cracks in the bus shelter roof. Patches of raw flesh shiver and stretch uneasily along the stone wall. Sections of intestine wriggle slightly protuding from potholes on the road, unused to the crisp winter air.

You feel, after about twenty seconds, the single dribble of puissance you spent summoning the things recharge itself. Oh boy.

Jeremy is nowhere to be seen.

Let's just find a fairly flammable building in an area where there's plenty of people around, then light and throw the molotov at it, preferably somewhere that the flames won't be easy to reach--high up, if my char has the arm for it.  Then scream some anarchist bullshit and run away to hide.  Wait for sirens.
You make the molotov, then toss it through a pub window, the wooden frame catching at once. Jogging into an alley after screaming "Ibn al Yahud Facisto Marx Akbar Mitzvah," you wait several blocks away for the sirens.

They aren't long in coming. And there are quite a few of them.

Yay for arson, I guess?

Get a bottle of sports drink, and mix the drink with protein powder. This will be used as a chalice one I find some magical liquid. Speaking of, go find some magic shit to finish the chalice.
Sportsified sports drink created. You look around for magical beings.

You glimpse a herd of centaurs playing frisbee, a shift looking guy who seems to be tweaking at bits of the city and moulding concrete with his hands, a scientist with fifteen pairs of spectacles tending to a rosebush that seems to have grown maces, a giant created from smashed-together skeletons striding through traffic, astronomers at a farmer's market haggling pieces of space, and a dung beetle the size of a building rolling a huge ball of crushed vehicles along a quiet avenue.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

If people could be planning to be ready for the mission in two or three turns, that would be useful.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:12:00 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Head over once they arrive, knife hidden, playing the part of a curious civvie.  Look around for the cops, and in particular for the rare cop that actually has a gun.  If one is found, go stab him and immediately go for the gun.  If one isn't found, just find someone relatively isolated, slash their throat, then run off leaving them to die.

Also, I said to transfer a point from aim to melee, but my sheet doesn't reflect this change.

((I'll be ready just as soon as I'm done playing septuagenarian GTA.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Now to "Assemble" my magical weapon.
>"Tie" the light bulb to the "bottom"(Cut off part) of the Antenna using the copper wire by rapping it around the bottom of the bulb in the spirally things it comes with, Continuing upwards as far as I can.
>Next I wrap the Wire with some Cloth, Making somewhat of a Crude handle that I probably won't let go of.
>Finally I try to turn it into a Staff/Wand Depending on length.

Regardless of success I think I'll go a Sight seein next.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Hmmm. Summoning really struck me more as an act of bringing a demon into existence rather that summoning a snake grenade. Swings and round abouts."
Check to see if my chalice has blown up. I'm not sure how this chalice junk works; do I still need that chalice or can I just summon this shit in as needed? Regardless, if it HAS blown up, scamper away to some abandoned area. If not, grab it and THEN scamper. Leave the scene of the crime, regardless. While I am itching to put another blast of snakes through something, I also want to extend my fragile life long enough to die in an extremely interesting way.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

Go over to the centaurs and ask one of them to pee in the cup. If they agree, make that my chalice(spend a clot)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wand seems interesting. Cover eyes, and talk to him. Sir? Do you remember...existing..before now?
Did I turn an animal into that? Did I simply create him? Will be innately want to help me, once he's in a better situation? Also, since I pulled the hand off of a clock, wouldn't that mean I bought a whole clock? Or am I not thinking of something?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"I guess I should get one more 'weapon' before I return... how tedious."

Search shops for a Rubix cube, shouldn't be too hard to find. Buy it, make sure it is unsolved and turn it into a pendant with my remaining clot.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:31:45 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"Oooo, fancy!" Walk up to a random passerbye and ask if there are any monsters to kill. "Hello good sir, do you know of any monsters that I can brutally rip to shreds and get more powerful for ripping them to shreds?"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I guess I should get one more 'weapon' before I return... how tedious."

Search shops for a Rubix cube, shouldn't be too hard to find. Buy it and turn it into a pendant with my remaining clot.
How would you like the cube patterned? Solved? Messed up/unsolved? Checkerboard?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86