Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 98454 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: And now a lynch candidate is chosen!
« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2017, 04:21:30 pm »

@BHK: Petty, aren't you? You gonna act like this the whole game because I said something you didn't like? What are you, 12?
I'm sure you've just done the exact same thing today, as flame noted. I'm sure the grace of actually acknowleding your participation would be enough for you, considering you're apparently too far above others to do the same.

BHK: I don't understand your logic. If you want him dead, is it really a major enough risk to you that he would flip jester for you to not lynch him?
It's not my choice whether to lynch or not, which lets me safely mark my reluctance without a mechanical effect.
Clearly the vote doesn't matter, considering webadict also voted no.
Also BHK:Why exactly are third parties lumped under 'evil'?

I am Town, for the record, not third party.
You aren't inclined to work with the town. Third parties stick their neck for nobody.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2017, 04:23:16 pm »

Uh...Most third parties don't want to die, which makes them town-aligned because the scum will kill them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2017, 04:37:44 pm »

@BHK: Ah, I see. I'll send you a PM, since this is no longer game-related.

Uh...Most third parties don't want to die, which makes them town-aligned because the scum will kill them.
Uh, no, that's not true at all.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2017, 04:43:58 pm »

Whatever gets us back on track. Thanks.

Uh, no, that's not true at all.
And the town can't?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2017, 07:30:03 pm »

No

BHK: I don't understand your logic. If you want him dead, is it really a major enough risk to you that he would flip jester for you to not lynch him?
It's not my choice whether to lynch or not, which lets me safely mark my reluctance without a mechanical effect.
You have just as much say in this lynch as anyone else under the current arrangement. webadict's given his reason for not lynching TBF. Yours seems to be that you want him dead but don't want to lynch him, and that's strange to me.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:11 pm »

No

You have just as much say in this lynch as anyone else under the current arrangement. webadict's given his reason for not lynching TBF. Yours seems to be that you want him dead but don't want to lynch him, and that's strange to me.
I don't understand what makes it strange.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 07, 2017, 09:08:44 pm »

No

That makes it even stranger.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 07, 2017, 09:31:04 pm »

Can the person being lynched even vote?
Why not?
It'd be weird if he said yes :P
But...yeah. I'm not assuming there to be jesters in this game o_O

No

That makes it even stranger.
HMM @_@

BHK: You'd be OKAY with TBF being killed, but not necessarily the lynch of today because of...reasons right?
Can you tell us those reasons?

No
Also even if I'd say no, I'm not comfy in seeing Flame99 lynched (I think she was the next in line after TBF? have to read back) as she seems pretty...non-mafia given her way of talking :O

Flame99: If it'd help clarity, how did you understand people talking and being suspicious of you? O:

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 08, 2017, 05:37:34 am »

In Town of Salem, if the Jester is lynched, then the jester can kill a person that voted yes. In Werewolf, if the Tanner is lynched, the game ends. I'm not sure if this role archetype is common in Mafia.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 08, 2017, 07:32:11 am »

In Town of Salem, if the Jester is lynched, then the jester can kill a person that voted yes. In Werewolf, if the Tanner is lynched, the game ends. I'm not sure if this role archetype is common in Mafia.
Jester is considered a rather poor alignment in mafia. It is very rare here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 08, 2017, 08:16:50 am »

Also, neither of these are generally true even if we had a jester.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 08, 2017, 08:56:00 am »

So its safe to vote...?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 08, 2017, 09:00:03 am »

So its safe to vote...?
....Well, yeah, but I'm not even a jester.  Seriously, where did you get the idea that I was a jester?
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 08, 2017, 11:01:28 am »

So its safe to vote...?
....Well, yeah, but I'm not even a jester.  Seriously, where did you get the idea that I was a jester?
Because you were acting like one.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 08, 2017, 12:57:34 pm »

So its safe to vote...?
Because you were acting like one.
You can still doubt him because he's on the lynching line :P
And there CAN be jesters in game (or at least jester-ish characters; one that needs to be lynched instead of NK'd or anything otherwise to win, per se), but...that really explains you wanting him killed but not lynched. And that you're not a lyncher :v

PFP
What else do you think about whom you suspect?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57