Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck  (Read 15880 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Commence Railroading
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2017, 10:45:00 pm »

Okay so uh, I've only received two actual actions, one of which is to stare at the amazing ethereal glowy arms which continue being ethereal and glowy. So, time to make shit happen.

What Janet sees, slowly emerging from the alleyway is this great big thing. Innumerable possibilities, shifting and bleeding into one another, bubbling forth from its radiant core - the shining silhouette of a person, some collapse and becoming an indistinct haze of noise others precipitate and crystallize, becoming more distinct, more real. The possibilities you see are not pleasant, rusted metal and gleaming blades, warped flesh and twisted visages, and as less and less remain, the whole becomes faster, the scraping louder, the clicking beginning to harmonize.

Opposite the living phantasmagoria, emerging from the elevator is, some dude in a tank top and a goatee. His legs seem to phase through the ground like the abomination you guys just put down, and his right arm is covered in characters written in black text. "Don't just stand there! Run! Get in here!"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:51:16 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2017, 07:52:05 am »

It is ten twenty-three PM, and you are staring blankly at a screen. You had something written up here, something about causality, about God, about society, and how human civilisation consists of layers built upon one another, the foundations crumbling while what was constructed atop them holds steadier than ever. There was something in it about the surrealism of even conceiving of, let alone producing a drug like krokodil, one derived from amongst other things, gasoline, a substance with decidedly no place in a world where all is driven by the pulse of great synchronized hearts, transmitted through a phantasmagoria of clockwork.

You had something, and it is gone no, because it ha just dawned upon you that it was fucking terrible. Like, really, really terrible. Attrocious even. It's not even pretentious it's just faux-philosohical wankery, shit that might look nice when you're tired and too busy mentally processing how unreasonably effective the naive bayes algorithm is when the presence of "naive" in the name of any algorithm generally means that it's actually a recreation of that bit in the book of genesis where the serpent convinces Eve to eat the apple, except Eve's some arbitrary system, the apple is an utterly attrocious complexity class you don't actually know because halfway through calculating it you already know it is shit assuming it even functions correctly most of the time, which it very well may not and the serpent is some abstract representation of delirium, naivete, and belief in a world that isn't secretly planning on doing the intellectual equivalent of l shanking you in an back alley and pawning off your kidneys for an unreasonable amount of second-hand condoms purchased from some shady vending machine in a toilet in a gas station in a bad side of town in an allegory for something or other. Point is, the naive bayes algorithm is fucking cheating and you still have nothing written. So, what the fuck are you going to do?

[]Sleep
[]Check Hacker News
[]Nixon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2017, 08:06:10 am »

Anagram CHECK HACKER NEWS into a HECK-SWAN CHECKER. Ask it what the heck is going on here.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2017, 08:23:47 am »

Use this opportunity for my character to enter the game, since anyone can join a suggestion game, and my presence here should stay once this reverts to its original format.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2017, 10:13:47 am »

Nixon was pro-gun control-no way I can vote for him in good conscious. Sleep is for the week-a little death that we must overcome if we are to truly become powerful. Hackers can not be trusted-their news always malicious links that are oh-so-easy to to click on accident. Besides, it has already been changed to some nonsense.

You know what else can't be trusted? Abominations form outside of reality taking advantage of a breakdown between our two worlds to enter. Shoot Oceansoul's character full of holes, before he inevitably betrays us.

Next, we must find the hidden option. Its ten twenty three, which in military time is 22:23. The next number is 24, which breaks down into 2 and 4. These are the 5th and 6th numbers of the tribonacci sequence, respectively. As such, our most logical option is to run into the elevator and press all the buttons.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2017, 11:17:40 am »

And Empiricist said this was railroading.

Storm, this is a suggestion game, so we're all the same character right now. You wouldn't shoot yourself full of holes, would you? No. Besides, you're an eldritch abomination from between dimentions, too, seeping into the realities that are forum games. We're all from Bay12 Forums, after all.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:23:24 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2017, 11:32:29 am »

Not quite. You see Oceansoul, we are one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other. Life is bigger, its bigger, and you, you are not me. It maybe railroading, but it can become Underground Railroading if we just free the train from the tracts that bind it. I never claimed that you were eldritch, simply an abomination trying to invade were you do not belong. The fact you are trying to talk your way in is proof that you are an enemy and thus it is a necessity that your character is pumped full of holes.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2017, 12:08:27 pm »

Who am I an enemy to? I can't be your enemy, Stirk, since this is a suggestion game now, and we're all the same person. Why would I be my own enemy? Also, I said eldritch because I felt like it. It wasn't an important detail. Also worth note is the Call of Cthulhu game you plan on running. Proves there's a LITTLE bit of insanity in you. Third, I do not not belong in here, since this is a suggestion game, and everyone's welcome. Lastly, look at my character sheet. Does it say anything about being an invading abomination in my Background section?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2017, 01:09:51 pm »

Um, sounds like we need some sleep?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2017, 02:41:58 am »

Janet punches the derail and runs into the alleyway with the man.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2017, 05:29:37 am »

Anagram CHECK HACKER NEWS into a HECK-SWAN CHECKER. Ask it what the heck is going on here.
[6] You reach out and feel something fall apart and reassemble before you in the form of a swan. It looks about as surprised as you are. Explains to you that you are currently in a coma on account of being abducted by a shady organization trying to murder the fuck out of Nowhere, the parasitic reality that is trying to subsume and supplant the "real" world. Your current "body" is a denizen of this world that has been hijacked by the ASHARI Drive hooked up to your comatose. Also the current place you're in is another reality budding off of Nowhere that is actually a giant allegory for your fears of being unable to match your past successes as writer, always forever chasing that first hit like say, a heroin addict injecting themselves with krokodile, chasing that first high. Also the entire plot of this story has just gotten spoiled. Also the thing coming out of the alley is a Method Actor. Also the boss is summoned by breaking all three alcohol pumping stations or faffing about around in a way that seems narratively important. Also this game is dead seeing as half the players aren't really posting and as much as I'd like to continue it, and as much as I feel like I've failed everyone in doing this, it's probably going to be a better idea ride the burning wreckage all the way down in some vague semblance of the original plot.

Use this opportunity for my character to enter the game, since anyone can join a suggestion game, and my presence here should stay once this reverts to its original format.
[3] You pop into existence in front of the person waiting to shoot you. Sure hope those pokemon cartridges of yours can stop a bullet.

Nixon was pro-gun control-no way I can vote for him in good conscious. Sleep is for the week-a little death that we must overcome if we are to truly become powerful. Hackers can not be trusted-their news always malicious links that are oh-so-easy to to click on accident. Besides, it has already been changed to some nonsense.

You know what else can't be trusted? Abominations form outside of reality taking advantage of a breakdown between our two worlds to enter. Shoot Oceansoul's character full of holes, before he inevitably betrays us.

Next, we must find the hidden option. Its ten twenty three, which in military time is 22:23. The next number is 24, which breaks down into 2 and 4. These are the 5th and 6th numbers of the tribonacci sequence, respectively. As such, our most logical option is to run into the elevator and press all the buttons.
[1] You immediately turn towards Ocean and unload your gun, the carefully aimed bursts somehow hitting everything but him before ricocheting several times and striking your weapon, destroying it.

[2] You then proceed to run into the elevator and miss all the buttons somehow. Your aim really isn't on point today.

Um, sounds like we need some sleep?
[2] You pull out a pillow and a blanket and lie down, but try as you might, a certain someone's shooting makes it really hard to sleep!

[5] You punch the derail so hard the game gets moved to the RtD subforum. You then grab the railroading NPC and run straight into the alleyway with the crystallizing Method Actor.

Quote from: Method Actor
Stabbity stab stab
[6] You stab Janet. Repeatedly. Then you stab the walls and yourself a few dozen times for good measure.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2017, 07:40:58 am »

Punch the game back into the correct subforum.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2017, 07:50:17 am »

Get Spümpkin's character to also punch the spoilers from Icytea's part of the turn.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2017, 01:43:12 pm »

Shout "THIS MUST BE THE WORK OF AN ENEMY STAND!", then continue shouting "DORADORADORADORADORA" until my gun fixes itself.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2017, 06:55:50 pm »

Also this game is dead seeing as half the players aren't really posting and as much as I'd like to continue it, and as much as I feel like I've failed everyone in doing this, it's probably going to be a better idea ride the burning wreckage all the way down in some vague semblance of the original plot.
((Wouldn't go blaming yourself for this, not looking to sling mud at individuals but you are hardly at the top of the list.))

[5] You punch the derail so hard the game gets moved to the RtD subforum. You then grab the railroading NPC and run straight into the alleyway with the crystallizing Method Actor.
((Noooo, I won't go back to that place, you can't make me!))

Anyway too loud here, head for the elevator and hit the top floor button. Try using my pretty(?) magic sword to eject the gun nut from the elevator for the yelling he is going to do/is doing. ((Cause dammit I'm at least going to actively fail to use it.))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13