Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck  (Read 15863 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Six Minutes till Midnight
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2017, 02:05:28 am »

"I think I actually want to second that concern. Uh, if this a place we really want to destroy, who knows if it's a place meant to, you know, hurt us or something like that? An elevator sounds like a pretty prime way to get trashed to me."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2017, 02:11:41 am »

"I-I agree! B-but.......do we have a-any better ideas?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2017, 02:27:53 am »

James deflates a little at that; slouching a bit, though the darting around of his eyes makes it abundantly clear that the nervous energy of the situation hasn't left him.
"I don't know, I just don't know if I'm comfortable going like that up to the, uh... well, the heart of the beast here."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2017, 02:29:56 pm »

"I-I agree! B-but.......do we have a-any better ideas?"

"We could always go deeper into the city instead. Nothing is forcing us to go inside the elevator."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2017, 04:16:49 pm »

"......What if we climbed it? It's all flesh, right? There's gotta be a decent amount of handholds. We wouldn't be trapped in an elevator, that's for sure."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2017, 07:14:32 pm »

"......What if we climbed it? It's all flesh, right? There's gotta be a decent amount of handholds. We wouldn't be trapped in an elevator, that's for sure."
"Not to be negative, but I'm not much of a climber, rather take my chances with the elevator if we are going up."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2017, 07:43:50 pm »

"Climbing it without safety equipment would be even more dangerous then just using the deathbox. You wouldn't be able to fight back if you get shot at, the chances of falling are even higher, and after all that you would still be on the outside rather then the inside where the elevator apparently leads."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2017, 04:24:38 am »

Okay so, as you're all debating the pros and cons of climbing the gear or shooting it or using the elevator, you hear a ding. The doors slide open, and out stumbles a walking corpse. An emaciated man in a once-fine suit now left in tatters. Their legs seem to phase into the ground below, the gear flowers meshing into them, propelling the stumbling wretch forwards. Their sleeves are torn open revealing countless needle marks upon the frankensteined mess of necrotized tissue that seems to be have turned into mummified crocodile flesh, a thick black ichor seeping out from wounds, staining everything it touches. The rest of their flesh is in a similar condition, the flesh still attached to them at least, the only part spared from this fate being his face. Beneath the shaggy grey hair, sunken deep between wrinkles, a pair of bloodshot eyes dart back and forth, unfocused but still with some approximation of alertness to them and below them, his panting mouth hangs open lacking the cheeks and lips to hide them.

With some savage yet tired howl he staggers towards you, the thick overpowering odor clinging to him almost palpable now. Yet it is not the stench of decay, it is the stench of failure.

Your ASHARI Drive shifts, its limiters releasing, its output climbing as it readies for combat. Why you know, you do not know. Nor do you know what this "ASHARI Drive" even is. Your thoughts cannot answer you, but there is something precipitating in your mind, some manic drive approaching desperate delusion, some kind of power? Something that can protect you. Something that will help you bring an end to this all.

Behind the man, you see the interior of the elevator, a fine room of red velvet-like flesh, furnished with ivory and pulsating in sync with all the world around it, far larger than what should fit in the space provided. The windows offer a view of the city below, and that view is moving as if the room too were in motion.

Begin Combat. It is now six minutes till midnight.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:27:39 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Krokodil Tears
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2017, 04:46:29 am »

James almost immediately panics, this extra bit of impossibility pushing the already-shaken man over the edge and into shaky action, the knowledge of his limits being prepared as whatever the hell an ASHARI drive is pushes him towards combat, mingling with the strange desire to destroy. He takes a terrified step backwards, raises the Glock towards the chest of the emaciated man, and attempts to pull the trigger several times. Then he undoes the safety and pulls the trugger multiple times again, a wild volley as he is totally unprepared for the recoil and noise. At least noone else is in his way or line of fire.

James shoots at the half-mummified man.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:51:49 am by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2017, 04:47:36 am »

Phoebe, for her part, is frozen in fear, sticking behind the group as she attempts to move, her terror filling every fibre of her being.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2017, 06:35:44 am »

"BLOODY HELL! What the shit is--" Whatever Arun was going to say, is drowned by James' gunfire. He cringes at the extremely loud sound before steeling himself to run behind whatever cover he can find.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2017, 08:51:54 am »

Joseph steps back, away from the elevator and the approaching thing. He raises his bat between himself and it, as if such a gesture would deter it's advance. He nearly drops it as gunfire rings out, left hand going to his respective ear in response.

As his ears ring he begins to tap into the odd stirring in his mind, something to protect him would be nice right now.

Increase Delirium to 1.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 05:32:21 pm by Cain12 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2017, 09:00:09 am »

Still practically deafened by the gunfire behind his cover, Arun considers feeling he got, the...power born of madness? Madness born of power? Whatever it is, it could be useful in this situation.

Increase Delirium to 1.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2017, 02:35:08 pm »

Thomas puts his back to the nearest cover, flipping the switch to semi-automatic before covering his ears with his hands.

Hey, guys, we have limited ammo you know? Three shots per goblin should be enough, double tap the torso then one to the head. Its like this guy has never even heard of Cooper before. There is only one badguy, and a bunch of us.

Thomas then pops his head from behind cover (in a different direction then he entered it) to see if the zombie guy is still standing. Assuming he is, Thomas shoots two shots towards the target's heart.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2017, 02:52:19 pm »

Phoebe flies for cover, fear taking over her whole mind and replacing logic with instinct.
Delirium to 1
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13