Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Operation Titan (Open, 7/10)  (Read 18115 times)

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Titan (Open, 7/10)
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2017, 02:39:23 am »

Fire plenty of rounds into the zombies, make sure the HIVETECHTM guys hears the gun fire loud and clear, signal my teammates to get out of sight. Try to climb/hide/run/barricade out of sight of both the zombies and the HIVETECHTM guys. Hopefully the HIVETECHTM people will come over and get ambushed by zombies. If they survive, shoot them before they can recover from the zombie attack. I can only hope I live.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2017, 02:43:28 am »

(I feel slightly triggered by the magical class change without any logical explanation)
"Pleasure to meet both of you, but it looks like the fun is starting. Maybe we should keep our eyes on the hostiles?"
Keep quiet, and try to scout ahead of our fire escape vantage point.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2017, 06:07:49 am »

Go with everyone else, and/or shoot things if needed.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2017, 06:32:07 am »

Go ahead stealthily with others, but don't shoot it bless necessary.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2017, 10:37:43 am »

February 9, 12:00 a.m., Earth time

Unknown location

Slowly open the door in front, ignoring all possible dangers around.

You look around. You've landed right in front of, no, right on top of a horde of the infected. (78, 74, 33, 20, 84 and 44 vs. 43) In a spray of bullets, you mow down the infected in front if the door. You, completely ignoring the horde, walk right into them. (negative 12) You grunt as three of them tackle you, clawing and biting furiously. You fumble with your main weapon, but it's simply too large to use. (87) Perhaps your handgun might be of more use in this situation?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2017, 12:34:18 pm »

Is that the turn?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2017, 12:58:39 pm »

Is that the turn?

No, no, it's just that Beta squad and Alpha squad operate on different time frames - their turns and actions are separate unless they directly effect each other.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2017, 10:59:01 pm »

Follow the lead of the rest of the squad, and do what they do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2017, 12:42:11 am »

Ghost Squad

Map!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fire plenty of rounds into the zombies, make sure the HIVETECHTM guys hears the gun fire loud and clear, signal my teammates to get out of sight. Try to climb/hide/run/barricade out of sight of both the zombies and the HIVETECHTM guys. Hopefully the HIVETECHTM people will come over and get ambushed by zombies. If they survive, shoot them before they can recover from the zombie attack. I can only hope I live.

After your squadmTes are a good twenty feet away, you stand up from your cover.

"Hey, assholes! Eat shit!"

You start firing indiscriminately. Your reckless fire (45) nicks a few zombies, soldiers, and... bio weapon containers...

You watch as three gigantic snakes, covered in a chitin ours substance, slither into the fight, attacking zombie and soldier alike. While the Hivetech soldiers are smart enough and fast enough to scramble away from the things, the zombies amassing inside the building are neither of those things, and get torn to pieces by the bio weapons. The Hivetech soldiers regroup and fire. (60 vs. 53 for defense, 23 vs. 82 for attack) You groan and curse as three of your fingers on your right hand are blown off by shotgun fire, leaving you with only a thumb and a pointer finger. It hurts like hell, and when you return fire, your shots are inaccurate and only nick a couple of the infected.

(19 vs. 64. vs. 65)

One of the giant snakes writhes in fury as two of the infected latch onto it and start gnawing on it. A Hivetech soldier, seeing the opportunity arise, leaps at it, jams his Hivetech Shredder in its mouth, and fires. The bio weapon's brains splatter onto a nearby wall.

(I feel slightly triggered by the magical class change without any logical explanation)
"Pleasure to meet both of you, but it looks like the fun is starting. Maybe we should keep our eyes on the hostiles?"
Keep quiet, and try to scout ahead of our fire escape vantage point.

Fine, fine. I guess... er... yeah, sure, let's go with the supply drop thing. There, you're a medic how, and there's no plot inconsistency.

You look around. (94) The main structure support isn't in here, but you see a door leading to another room behind a small detachment of Hivetech soldiers, isolated from their platoon. It seems that REVENANT-007 sees it too, because he slinks into the shadows and draws near it. (112 vs. 11) You watch slack-jawed as REVENANT presses a button on his armor, melts away into the darkest corner of the lab, and then seemingly appears out of nowhere behind the Hivetech soldiers. Two quick slashes from his knife drop the two soldiers directly in front of him. He silently lowers their bodies before using his silenced SMG with deadly effect on a third soldier, killing them instantly. The fourth and fifth so,divers guarding the door are still shooting at the bio weapons, oblivious to the deaths of their comrades. Your squad moves towards the door, with the exception of APPARITION-007, who is still engaging the enemy from the fire escape door.

Go with everyone else, and/or shoot things if needed.

Now that REVENANT-007 cleared out the enemies by the door, you advance, followed by everyone else.

(21, 1, 34, 87, 92, 44, 22 vs. 17)

You all creep past, unnoticed until one of the Hivetech soldiers happens to simply turn around on a whim to ask his captain for a grenade, and sees you all sneaking by. You down him in a blast of gunfire, but the noise attracts the attention of pretty much everyone else in the facility, zombified or otherwise.

You dash towards the door, but GHOST-007 stops you all for a second as you regroup behind cover.

"Alpha squad, we're in some pretty deep shit right now. WIGHT, WRAITH, and SPECTRE, I need you to cover us while we plant the explosives. GHOUL, go and help APPARITION. PHANTASM and REVENANT, come with me. We're planting the charges."

You follow the captain into the next room while your squadmates hold off the enemy. A few Hivetech hackers are inside, frantically typing in computers. They're unarmed, and they're taken completely by surprise when you enter. GHOST-007 raises his D-22 at them menacingly.

"Get the fuck offa those computers unless you want a piece of lead embedded in your skull!"

It seems that GHOST-007 is very persuasive, considering that all of the hackers stop dead in their tracks. (67) You think you see the main structure beam as you advance. You sprint towards it, but you're stopped in your tracks by an earth-shattering roar. A huge humanoid creature, towering at least 17 feet tall and covered in scales, dashes one of the infected against the floor before turning towards you and roaring again. Jesus Christ.

Follow the lead of the rest of the squad, and do what they do.

You start shooting at the Hivetech soldiers. (3 vs. 1) Your shots go all over the place, but one soldier actually manages to leap into your fire while trying to dodge one of the infected, and gets hit in the shoulder. The blood it draws attracts three of the nearby infected, (42) who promptly bite him and leave him writhing in agony as the virus slowly turns him into a mindless zombie. Another Hovetech soldier fires a few shots at you with some sort of rifle (38 vs. 93) but the shots all miss.

Go ahead stealthily with others, but don't shoot it bless necessary.

Stealth is pretty much blown, and it seems quite bless necessary. Your rounds are nigh useless against the soldiers themselves, but you use them to shatter a few more bio weapon containers, unleashing more snake monsters in the midst of the unprepared Hivetech soldiers. (15 vs. 72) The bio weapons are quickly mowed down in a hail of machine gun fire, but at least the soldiers are shooting at them and not you. (98 vs. 22) You watch as GHOUL-007 leaps at two Hivetech soldiers, knocks one out with the butt of his gun, and shoots the other in the face before they can react.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2017, 12:42:49 am »

Accidental double post removed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:44:31 am by Rethi-Eli »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2017, 03:18:07 am »

Briefly consider the possibility of getting the bombs to detonate on the central pillar while all this is going on. Continue firing with the Venus, since, against Hivetech soldiers would start bleeding, which would further focus Infected, and maybe snake, attention on them.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2017, 04:09:11 am »

"ROAR TO YOU TO MOTHERFUCKER!!!" Shoot it in it's weak spots and if it gets too close for me to be able to safely shoot it then engage it in melee.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2017, 04:48:56 am »

"Thank god we have a medic."

Keep shooting, try not to get killed.

Try to lure them away from the main action so I can focus one problem at the time.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2017, 09:12:38 am »

"hergott, bioweapon!"
need to act fast. Are any of those hivetech guns on the ground nearby? Sprint out of cover, try to grab one, and then open fire on the closest/largest threat to my survival after getting back into cover.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:59:01 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2017, 01:07:36 pm »

Unload my machine gun all over those Hivetech and infected motherfuckers!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12