Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3550 3551 [3552] 3553 3554 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4151051 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53265 on: August 07, 2024, 11:15:14 am »

Kamala has chosen Minnesota governor Tim Walz as her running mate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53266 on: August 07, 2024, 12:03:04 pm »

5 bucks a Republican implies he’s a sympathizer of China because he spent a year teaching there decades ago.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53267 on: August 07, 2024, 12:16:03 pm »

I've seen mention of some nonsense regarding somalia, actually? Hasn't exactly gained traction, though, which is why I don't know more than that, ha.

... though, in fairness, basically nothing has caught so far? About the worst thing folks have dug up from his history was a DUI in the mid 90s that convinced him to stop drinking. It... doesn't make him look bad, exactly. Attempts to somehow paint retiring from the nat guard after twenty something years of service as wrong, too, which seems to be falling rather flat for all sorts of reasons.

Other than that it's just the usual screeching about feeding schoolkids and whatnot being some kind of horrible hypercommunist travesty ::)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53268 on: August 07, 2024, 03:59:48 pm »

Walz can hammer Vance on every angle of the "military service" issue.

Both exited the military gracefully after their contract ended. Both exited the military after the start of war. Wolz exited a couple of months after deployment to Iraq was declared, and Vance after 6 months of non-combat/war-zone activity in Iraq; Walz after 24 years and Vance after 4 years.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53269 on: August 07, 2024, 06:04:23 pm »

The Harris campaign is apparently experiencing a huge attendance problem at the rallies she's trying to hold.

As in the attendance has been so huge that they keep running out of space and are desperately looking for bigger venues.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #53270 on: August 07, 2024, 07:00:49 pm »

Other than that it's just the usual screeching about feeding schoolkids and whatnot being some kind of horrible hypercommunist travesty ::)

but if you feed the children how will they learn to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and feed themselves? /s

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53271 on: August 07, 2024, 09:07:41 pm »

but if you feed the children how will they learn to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and feed themselves? /s
I'd make a joke about how children should be out earning money for food, but exploiting child labor is already a Conservative Value.

Oh look, you can see a butterfly effect!
"Walz volunteered for John Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign. He was inspired to volunteer in the presidential election after he took a group of students to a George W. Bush rally in Mankato, and was angered by the security team's questioning of his students' politics after they saw a Kerry sticker on a student's wallet."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Walz

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53272 on: August 07, 2024, 10:31:12 pm »

I'd make a joke about how children should be out earning money for food, but exploiting child labor is already a Conservative Value.
With all the times people have said that Maga/GOP accuse others of the crimes they want to commit or are committing...

A few hours ago, MSNBC did a two part interview of Stephen Miller (part1 and part2) and six minutes into part2, Miller was failing to defend the false electors scheme and it went from questioning Melber asking Miller if Harris can do in 2024 what Trump wanted Pence to do in 2020, to Miller deflecting, into Miller raising up his nose and shouting "a lot of innocent people..." and "persecuted by a corrupt system", to "what kind of corrupt system throws Republican lawyers in jail for...", some table-thumping, and "but does nothing to Secretaries of State, who plainly violated their own state laws and constitutions" to the crime Miller probably wants to do... "Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the number one traffickers of children, girls into sex slavery on planet Earth. How many people are in jail for that!"

I can totally see that guy having been involved in trafficking young girls into sex slavery or at least partaking in the product.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #53273 on: August 08, 2024, 07:31:22 am »

Told yall.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53274 on: August 11, 2024, 06:30:02 pm »

Trump is pushing hard into 'Conspiracy Nutjob' territory.
I'm wondering whether there is actually any line he could cross and face repercussions? Or is the entire Republican party just commited to follow him no matter how crazy he gets at this point?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53275 on: August 11, 2024, 06:35:17 pm »

My biggest problem with Kamala is my perception that she's a cardboard cutout.

She has no policies of her own, she has no personality that I'm aware of, She's stiff, her rallies that Ive been made aware of have been brought to my attention because of stupid silliness, such as a flop of a hip hop concert.

I'm a fairly regular listener of a couple of podcasts, and they did Kamala a huge favor by talking her up, highlighting her various career moments, etc.  I kind of feel like her strategy so far has been to try to take voters away from trump using a lot of the same tactics he uses.  ig that could work, since a large portion of the country is 'anyone but trump' minded.

I think I heard that there will be a debate after all, Im eager to see her do something.

P:  even her VP pick feels more like using his 'country vibes' to add any sort of flavor to her.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 06:36:54 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53276 on: August 11, 2024, 06:50:57 pm »

I always thought the VP pick was to appeal to people that you ordinarily wouldn’t?

Harris isn’t Trump, or Biden. This is unfortunately the reality of a two-party system: what somebody isn’t can be more important than what somebody is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53277 on: August 11, 2024, 06:59:41 pm »

You know what though? Many of us want a "cardboard cutout" leader. We just want the status quo. We don't want revolutionary thinking. We want to wake up every day, eat the food in our pantry in our house that we were able to purchase because we had a job in a nice stable society, where people aren't out to get each other or try and figure out what someone else has that we don't have.  We want to be able to try and start our own businesses, if we want, without having the giant entrenched companies have so much power and economy of scale that it's basically impossible.

We want to be reasonably sure our food is safe to eat, our air and water are clean, that our transportation won't kill us, that our prescriptions are safe and our doctors are competent, we want to have good weather forecasts.  Some of us even want to be inviting to our neighbors and people looking for opportunity, because that's what built this country.  We want people to be able to express themselves, even when we disagree with them, so long as those expressions are peaceful.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53278 on: August 11, 2024, 07:27:47 pm »

We want to be able to try and start our own businesses, if we want, without having the giant entrenched companies have so much power and economy of scale that it's basically impossible.
For many people, that's not really the status quo.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53279 on: August 11, 2024, 07:34:15 pm »

I think I heard that there will be a debate after all, Im eager to see her do something.

The next(first?) Presidential Debate is on ABC September 10th.
This is after Trump said he was 'Terminating' the ABC debate and would only debate Harris on Fox News, but eventually changed his mind and agreed to do ABC.
Pages: 1 ... 3550 3551 [3552] 3553 3554 ... 3563