Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3536 3537 [3538] 3539 3540 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152366 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53055 on: July 14, 2024, 09:28:37 am »

p:  as a registered republican myself, and self described 'center right' (though definitely more center compared to today's polarized politics) i think trump is too impulsive and lacks a real spine for reform.  the worst kind of leader is one who wants to make change but is too insecure to do so confidently or with a view of the future

tbh Donald Trump seems mostly interested in 'reform' that benefits himself, whereas what a real Republican true to actual Republic ideals should want is reform that moves power away from the Presidency, who is practically a king of an oliagarchy with much more immediate power than most actual monarchs.

For other examples in the world, that kind of reform would probably see the USA reorganized to something closer to the EU in overall structure.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 09:31:44 am by MorleyDev »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53056 on: July 14, 2024, 09:54:26 am »

Yeah - Hes looking for his own power.  Hes a weak leader
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 09:57:16 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53057 on: July 14, 2024, 12:00:55 pm »

Sorry, I’m not intended to offend, my words make me sound like an idiot or troll. I’d apologize for my silly words .

Anyway, now everyone here in China are joking about the meme of Abe ,Kennedy and Trump getting shot. Keychains about the three unlucky guys are even made. They are making the miserable accidents into joking dramas … From what you bay watchers described, Trump’s victory of the election sounds like a disaster. I am just hoping that he could be more normal after his enter into the White House, which could make his destruction to the American government system more slight. Anyway we are commoners. We just need a calm life .

Hoping that he would settle down and be a normal President is what people did 8 years ago. It didn't happen. He's an idiot who almost blundered into multiple wars, dramatically decreased the stability of the country, and caused an enormous number of problems. If he was in charge again, there's a very real chance that the Diplomatic Incidents between Chinese and Filipino ships in Filipino national waters that have been ongoing would escalate because he decided that he needed to be the Big Man and go in swinging his **** around. He's also extremely racist, including against Chinese.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53058 on: July 14, 2024, 12:17:18 pm »

At least in my group+college, even after events yesterday, no one is excited about the US elections. EXCEPT the ones who specifically take part in politics and campaign (for either democrats which is most of my college and a small group for trump). Either way...

My own PERSONAL observation with people in my college, out and about doing jobs for people (I help my dad repair floors in peoples homes as a side job, so I get around a bit)...I go back to my previous statement, I don't really encounter many people actually excited to go out and vote this year. Just yesterday dad's customer (and politics with jobs is usually a no go dunno how it got brought up to begin with cause it was before trump's event) said "really democrats and republicans couldn't get anyone better. We already had trump and he did nothing good, and biden is lost in the woods and allows genocide. Why couldn't we get ANYONE ELSE". We agreed tbh, and then moved onto other topics and finished the job. And honestly, outside of those who specifically are involved in politics...I personally (doesn't mean its widespread mind you) see this kinda often tbh.

The point of that kinda rambling paragraph...if that IS widespread, voter turnout could be really low which benefits republicans a ton. I dunno, don't see much excitement this year in general to go out and vote like I did last elections even on this forum, reddit, X (or twitter at the time) and various other places, even the media lacks that excitement and blasting away at biden to be replaced (which I mean, I do wish they chose someone else still lol). The most excitement I see...for better or worse depending on your political stance, comes from people voting trump honestly. And they are far more united behind their candidate.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 12:19:34 pm by The_Explorer »

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53059 on: July 14, 2024, 12:59:48 pm »

Two things that will get a lot of recycling through the regurg-news system:

CNN says "Federal Election Commission records show that a donor listed as Thomas Crooks with the same address gave $15 to a Democratic-aligned political action committee called the Progressive Turnout Project in January 2021.".

and CNN says“We’re done talking about the debate. It’s time to put Trump in the bullseye,” Biden said on that call, a recording of which was obtained by CNN. “President Biden himself said in recent days, ‘It’s time to put a bullseye on Trump.’ I know he didn’t mean what is being implied there, but that kind of language on either side should be called out,” Johnson said on NBC’s “Today” show on Sunday. “We have to make clear that this is part of our system we can have vigorous debate but it needs to end there.”

The news will spin more if this guy made donations before 2021 to Trump.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53060 on: July 14, 2024, 01:00:34 pm »

He's arguably a better president for the Chinese government because his actions directly reduced (and will reduce in the future) the power of the US in global politics (eg. stating he will have the US leave Nato if re-elected, alienating US allies, damaging US trade with non-China nations, being Putin's puppet in regard to Ukraine, leaving international institutions allowing China to gain and consolidate power in them).

Its true he's more willing to meaningfully act against China and escalate tensions, but being able to gain ground in otherwise solid institutions and alliances with the US destroying itself is worth it.
he provided a lot of jokes such as ‘using disinfectant to fight against COVID-19‘.
Incidentally this wasn't a joke, it was a 100% serious comment on his part.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53061 on: July 14, 2024, 02:32:27 pm »

Yeah.  "Oh that was just a joke" is a common tactic of extremists who SAY what they mean, proudly, and then pull back if people react poorly.
Sometimes people react favorably.  And then they go farther.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53062 on: July 14, 2024, 04:13:20 pm »

If the shooter was a former trump supporter, that would explain a lot.
TBH I suspect it was not politically motivated. This smacks of suicide-by-cop candidate wanting to get his name in the headlines, except he fixated on a politician he supported instead of a school he went to or business he worked at.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53063 on: July 14, 2024, 05:15:28 pm »

Yeah.  "Oh that was just a joke" is a common tactic of extremists who SAY what they mean, proudly, and then pull back if people react poorly.
Sometimes people react favorably.  And then they go farther.
It is also part of coercion strategy... it you want something from someone and you are not sure what type of coercion is the best tool, you say things until you find one that triggers emotional state you want them in, then you (or a flunky) can deliver the proper level of coercion to get them to submit into your hierarchy.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53064 on: July 14, 2024, 05:54:42 pm »

If the shooter was a former trump supporter, that would explain a lot.
TBH I suspect it was not politically motivated. This smacks of suicide-by-cop candidate wanting to get his name in the headlines, except he fixated on a politician he supported instead of a school he went to or business he worked at.

There's some evidence that the shooter was obsessed with Epstein, and it was fairly recently that Trumo's association with Epstein was widely discussed. Still early days, though.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53065 on: July 14, 2024, 07:13:49 pm »

Based upon US political history and gun-violence, I have a modest proposal: The 2nd Ammendment is to be further ammended to make it totally inapplicable to anybody with a middle-name.

If enacted from the start, this would have saved Lincoln, McKinley, Kennedy (and also Oswald!), Robert Kennedy, prevented the ordeals of Reagan and Giffords their ordeals, and then this... The logic is clear!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53066 on: July 14, 2024, 07:32:27 pm »

I have a modest proposal: The 2nd Amendment is to be further amended to make it totally inapplicable to anybody with a middle-name.

ftfy
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53067 on: July 14, 2024, 07:52:23 pm »

Anybody want to tell me about Demolition Ranch?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53068 on: July 14, 2024, 08:06:22 pm »

Haven't really looked into it much, but the chatter I've seen (including among folks that are, to put it mildly, not charitable towards right wing and/or extremist content creators, heh) has described them as a more or less non-political firearm enthusiast youtube channel.

Not a traditional radicalization pipeline, supposedly, if that's what you're wondering about. Folks with actual experience with their content or non-content communications are more than welcome to correct that, though. Like said, I haven't actually looked into it, just saw chatter regarding it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53069 on: July 14, 2024, 09:19:59 pm »

[premature]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 09:48:57 pm by Flying Teasets »
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!
Pages: 1 ... 3536 3537 [3538] 3539 3540 ... 3563