Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3047 3048 [3049] 3050 3051 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4207159 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #45720 on: July 19, 2021, 07:58:46 pm »

Nah, I can barely be bothered to engage since Toady erased all those posts. Especially if I'm also going to be personally attacked.

Just going to make a point and move on, since it seems certain debate isn't allowed in AmeriPol.

They only caught the duplicate votes in a hand recount. How many counties got a hand recount in 2020? It's enough to raise serious doubt.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:03:57 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45721 on: July 19, 2021, 08:18:47 pm »

Is it? Is it actually enough to raise "serious doubt"? That looked a lot more like it's enough to see the systems in place catch minor errors before they're even actually counted, which is like the exact opposite of raising serious doubt in the election results.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45722 on: July 19, 2021, 08:21:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure hand recounts don't occur unless the results are close enough or somebody (Trump campaign) contests the results and pays for a recount.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #45723 on: July 19, 2021, 08:23:39 pm »

It's enough to raise serious doubt.
Does it? Joe biden won by some 11,000 votes, but the current allegations by VotersGA even if completely true won't add up to over 4,000 votes. As much as there can be variation due to clerical errors, variation of that scale is to be expected in a paper vote count.

How many reviews has the georgia vote been trough already? I haven't followed it very closely.

EDIT: Damn ninjas posting while I fetch links.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45724 on: July 19, 2021, 08:30:56 pm »

The serious doubts about 2020 should be regarding why certain incredibly unpopular senators had absolutely massive amounts of cash thrown at their opponents and won in many cases by literally doubling the number of votes they received when they were elected in 2014, in many cases winning the entire theoretical voting population of various counties, meaning you had things like counties that went for Biden in Kentucky, had thousands of registered democrats, and McConnell won every vote right up to the upper range of possible voting age individuals living there?

You'd think the presence of ticket splitting between BIDEN and MCCONNELL would invite a second look, but those votes were cast in states that use ES&S machines which have no auditable paper trail, UNLIKE the Dominion machines which republicans keep screaming about.

When a conservative accuses ANYONE of ANYTHING the safe assumption at this point is that THEY DO IT THEMSELVES.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #45725 on: July 19, 2021, 08:33:53 pm »

Are you aware of any possible methods that one would be able to verify these results? (Or do you have any links to someone who has done the math on this?)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45726 on: July 19, 2021, 08:43:04 pm »

smh Trump even complains about election results when he actually wins
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #45727 on: July 19, 2021, 08:46:23 pm »

Hey, my incompetent geriatric president also does that!
Funny how that works.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45728 on: July 19, 2021, 09:14:59 pm »

They only caught the duplicate votes in a hand recount. How many counties got a hand recount in 2020? It's enough to raise serious doubt.

There is yet to be any confirmation of duplicate votes. They only saw multiple scanned ballots. This does not mean they were counted twice. That's why I said "there may have been"

EDIT: Ah, and a few more points I should add. They were not discovered in a hand recount, they were discovered by someone looking at digital copies that anyone can access, which means those digital copies may just be the same ballot scanned twice separately from the voting machines. And the actual hand recount was done with GOP observers so unless they just happened to miss hundreds of duplicate votes, then those votes would not be counted, and a big deal about this would have already been made.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 02:35:48 pm by Micro102 »

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45729 on: July 20, 2021, 10:47:39 pm »

cnn's video on Tom Barrack charged with acting as a foreign agent.

I like the "(c) charge, "developing a backchannel line of communication with the Campaign and, at times, with officials of the United States government". Barrack probably won't be serve time, but hopefully all the compromised government officials will be exposed and *expletive* *expletive* *expletive*.

When government officials accept orders from external organizations, it only ends in some group of people being put into poverty or war.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45730 on: July 22, 2021, 03:08:45 pm »

Russia is sending tanks to the borders of Afghanistan, because they fear the escalating violence by the Taliban and want to prevent refugees and terrorists from entering the Russia-friendly neighboring countries of Aghanistan.

Same old same old. Western forces leave Afghanistan, then Russia has a go at it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45731 on: July 22, 2021, 04:44:38 pm »

The state of freakin california...THE STATE...is suing actiblizzard

Yeah, things going to be messy. Hope there is serious consequences for those involved. If don't know what I mean, its all over the internet and all of it isn't really family friendly or appropriate for the forums imo (I like to post more family friendly stuff to a point)...but....to sum it up...blizzard acted like a bunch of horny fratboys that never left college. Probably know exactly whats going on with that comment. Oh and an employee commited suicide because of it.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #45732 on: July 22, 2021, 05:01:33 pm »

I wonder if there's aaaaaany overlap at all with this lawsuit that's been building since 2018 and the recent departure of Jeff Kaplan, lead designer of Blizzard's Overwatch.

From what I recall hearing, they're a miserable company to work with if you're any kind of bottom-level drone, like the QA team, with release crunches and unreasonable overtime/ticket count demands. I suppose it comes as no surprise that they're all the awful parts of gaming culture on the inside, too. I guess it's a good thing they never gave me that chance, eh?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45733 on: July 22, 2021, 05:43:01 pm »

'Bout everything I hear from the game dev industry in general is... pretty fucking miserable, tbh, outside the occasional small studio or whatever. Little worker protection, nasty environment especially from the upper ranks, etc. Blizzard isn't special on this front, in other words.

As I've seen it put aptly, there's a reason most of the major studios largely source their work in places like the US or whatever, areas where labor laws and whatnot are shite. Industry is just kinda' rotten :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45734 on: July 22, 2021, 06:35:13 pm »

I'd never work for a large game dev studio.  Things like holiday release dates mean the worst kinds of crunch times.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 3047 3048 [3049] 3050 3051 ... 3566