Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3048 3049 [3050] 3051 3052 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4206342 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #45735 on: July 22, 2021, 11:07:54 pm »

blizzard acted like a bunch of horny fratboys that never left college

Yes, although we would have so much less trouble if this conduct was also considered unacceptable in college.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #45736 on: July 23, 2021, 12:32:36 am »

I'd never work for a large game dev studio.  Things like holiday release dates mean the worst kinds of crunch times.

Although these points are all salient, it's important to emphasize that Blizzard/Activision are under scrutiny for frequent sexual harassment of female employees including but not limited to a "cube crawl" which was a pub crawl through cubicles which was - here's a shocker - a real bad idea.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #45737 on: July 23, 2021, 07:54:32 am »

Sorry, didn't mean to downplay the severity of the behaviors described in the suit by shifting the topic. There's no moral defense of their behaviors, so besides calling it awful, I'm not sure where else to go with it. My sister's just an ordinary player but probably gonna swear off Blizzard titles in the wake of this- it's sleazy how they promote women streamers and players when they won't offer any such respect to their employees. 'Course, that's not new behavior for Blizzard either, given how they'll talk big about diversity and people's rights but went and silenced their own esports players speaking out in support when Hong Kong was demonstrating.

Which, uh, again is becoming a deferral of topic, sorry. I hope something sticks in the suit. Fratboys don't usually have expensive lawyers.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45738 on: July 23, 2021, 08:38:29 am »

Only somebody unabashedly worshipping at Trump's porcelain throne could possibly be dumb enough to believe them.

And this is why we're probably going down the same path with Bumber that we did with Damiac if we assume the argument is being made in good faith.

Because it's not, we've been through this with someone else, and I suspect feeding the trolls again will end the same way it did last time. :/

Yeah, I thought we realized Bumber was a troll months ago. Only bad-faith arguments there.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45739 on: July 23, 2021, 09:51:16 am »

I legitimately do not think that is the case. Yes, there are the occasional devil's advocate or argumentative reversal points, but I do not believe that Bumber (or even Damiac) is a troll or bad faith actor.

We're all working from rather entrenched positions with our own understandings of supporting evidence that we're just expecting everyone else to have seen, recognized, and interpreted in the same way. And I use "we" to mean just about everyone involved in these debates here, whichever sides they might fall on.

We're basically only making references, rather than presenting the foundational concepts that build up the base of understanding needed to get that reference. And making a reference that someone else doesn't get, reinforcing it by just saying it louder instead of actually backtracking a bit on the logic path, and then declaring the other party a bad faith actor when that doesn't work is not something I would consider especially conducive to informative discussion.

Remember where we are. This thread is not the sum total of the US political theater. Nor is this an official, competitive debate. There are no "winners" or "losers" here, and we do not have the weight of the country on our shoulders in here. We're just a bunch of disparate individuals who collected in the same dark corner of the internet due to something tying us all together. We should try to cultivate our chill composure, and work together to make all of us more enlightened at the end of the day.

And I say "dark corner", because if you don't use Darkling theme then you are literally Hitler.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45740 on: July 23, 2021, 10:12:16 am »

And I say "dark corner", because if you don't use Darkling theme then you are literally Hitler.

I can corroborate, I used the default Light theme for many years, but then I shaved off my toothbrush moustache and realized the error of my ways.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45741 on: July 23, 2021, 10:46:39 am »

Let's not spend our time talking about people that are banned or people that some think should be banned. Debate the points, not the person.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #45742 on: July 23, 2021, 10:47:35 am »

oops my discord is on light theme, time to go commit war crimes

(once upon a time it was default on light theme, never bothered to change it)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45743 on: July 23, 2021, 10:54:34 am »

Upper boards dark, lower boards light. Just as The Lord God Almighty intended!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45744 on: July 23, 2021, 11:03:44 am »

Each theme according to his ability, to each theme according to his needs.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #45745 on: July 23, 2021, 03:52:05 pm »

How do you change Bay12 Forum themes?

EDIT: Nvm, I found it out. Weird after all these years I never saw the feature to change themes. Now both the regular Bay 12 side of the forum and DF side are both dark theme for me  8)

EDIT: Annnd I got ninja'd. Thanks anyway though.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 03:58:26 pm by Lidku »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45746 on: July 23, 2021, 03:57:33 pm »

Click Profile, then Look and Layout, then there's Current Theme with a (change) button.
Enjoy Darkling, your eyes will thank you ;D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45747 on: July 23, 2021, 03:58:06 pm »

Doh Rei Mi!

It's as easy as 1 2 3!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45748 on: July 23, 2021, 05:03:44 pm »

I like dark theme not only because it’s easy in the eyes, but also because updated topics are 1 click away instead of 2. On the topic of Ameripol itself, I learned a fair bit of info from this place

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45749 on: July 23, 2021, 06:08:36 pm »

Time to switch on darkling theme I guess.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 3048 3049 [3050] 3051 3052 ... 3566