Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3004 3005 [3006] 3007 3008 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4215723 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #45075 on: May 16, 2021, 02:41:43 pm »

Saying that Israel is genociding Palestinians is retarded and shows you have no clue about what is going on there except from listening to anti-Isreal media.

Yes, I can agree that (at least part of) Israel's politics looks like apartheid. And I do not support that. But genocide? Really? Fuck off.

Go talk to Palestinians living on the West Bank, or in Israel itself, and they will tell you that Hamas is the main problem, followed closely by right-wing Likud.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 02:44:16 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45076 on: May 16, 2021, 02:50:12 pm »

When you're in a fight for survival, a peaceful version of status quo is just you being killed slower, and is unacceptable.

This is literally Israel's position in a nutshell.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45077 on: May 16, 2021, 02:54:46 pm »

Yes
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45078 on: May 16, 2021, 03:44:38 pm »

Well either way no matter ones position or in the middle and think both are at fault (me I'm in the middle. I think its hamas, and victim palestine are innocent...its like blaming north koreans on their regime and most israelies have said they want none of this as well. Both sides overall are the perperatrators and the people are innocent...israel should still be israel and palestine should still be palestine. Just without the radicalism on one side and the elite on the other)...thats my stance is right in the middle...either way

ts safe to say that no matter what side you are on that biden is so pro-israel and has made his stance clear even before elections, that he'll defend israel over palestine. Which in a way I suppose is what it is, good or bad depending if you hate israel or not. Trump on other hand hated israel and was an extreme anti-semitism person often insulting them and saying racist junk, and admitted that any country that housed jews he hated (even though jewish religion is only 20% of israel, but he was an extreme racist as we all know). But he only could barely vaguely pretend liking israel. He only liked their money at best, he'd do anything for money since he was pretty much a mafia boss president and ran the whitehouse the same way as like the mafia. If trump was president, I'm sure he'd celebrate israel's death, probably is now wherever his quiet chamber is that can't be heard from luckily. He would pretend to support israel, but do nothing at all cause he hates muslims too, so he'd probably want both sides to be killed off in mutual destruction.

Biden on the other hand as shown lots of love to muslims, but it comes with that he is extremely pro-israel compared to trump, and honestly more pro-israel than even obama was who was quite fond of them. Seems every president is really, except the last guy. So as much hate as israel is getting (even though I think hamas is getting ignored a bit too much and is equally at fault), biden will very likely defend israel if needed...I mean he has already told them he fully supports them. Doesn't look very good to tell an ally (a strong long-term ally) to be fully supported, and then say "nah F* you we lied". The rest of the world would take huge notice on that, and china will do their usual thing and take advantage of a situation like that. That is a pure trump move right there if any president did that tbh, as trump was famous for telling allies they'd get huge support and then give them the middle finger. Its fine if dont promise support, its a different matter to promise support and do a trump move.

Sadly though. Biden only offered mild concessions in comparison to palestine, which is a little sad seeing its more hamas doing than palestine.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45079 on: May 16, 2021, 03:48:05 pm »

Trump on other hand hated israel and was an extreme anti-semitism person often insulting them and saying racist junk, and admitted that any country that housed jews he hated (even though jewish religion is only 20% of israel, but he was an extreme racist as we all know). But he only could barely vaguely pretend liking israel.
What? None of that ever happened. Do you have a shred of evidence for any of this?

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45080 on: May 16, 2021, 03:49:23 pm »

Sorry for the kinda rant there. Its rather sad to see legit criticisms of israel being taken advantage of by (not this forum mind you), extreme anti-semitism that has increased by a huge amount, and bots on twitter being banned in mass with proven ties to anti-jew and racist groups as one example of a site being dominated by right wing extremists taking advantage of the situation. Reddit is experiencing the same thing, where right wing extremists are using the situation to bombard israel with unneeded hate (which some is legit I admit, but hamas is being completely ignored and equally so as I said). Its like even though trump lost, he created a massive nazi-style movement. And israel (edit: meant to add...AND palestine)  both isn't the victim here as I said multiple times, but they aren't the enemy either. There is a lot of people in israel that have been great friends with muslims and all kinds. Nor is palestine the enemy, they are innocent, its hamas, kinda like how north koreans are innocent but they get unneeded racism toward them (though its been a while since north korea has been on the news, but racism does go up a bit when they do) when its their regime.

Either way, the extreme literal nazis are definitely taking advantage of this by abusing actual legit criticisms of israel. They are taking it way too far, though most are bots with ties to groups who want to see israel 100% gone.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45081 on: May 16, 2021, 03:51:40 pm »

Trump on other hand hated israel and was an extreme anti-semitism person often insulting them and saying racist junk, and admitted that any country that housed jews he hated (even though jewish religion is only 20% of israel, but he was an extreme racist as we all know). But he only could barely vaguely pretend liking israel.
What? None of that ever happened. Do you have a shred of evidence for any of this?

The past 4 years up till he lost to biden is all the proof that he was a racist and also anti-jew and anti-israel

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45082 on: May 16, 2021, 03:53:45 pm »

Saying that Israel is genociding Palestinians is retarded and shows you have no clue about what is going on there except from listening to anti-Isreal media.

Yes, I can agree that (at least part of) Israel's politics looks like apartheid. And I do not support that. But genocide? Really? Fuck off.
I mean, it is apartheid, plus explict ethnic cleansing, and regular mass murder and terrorism. It's maybe not outright genocide, but only because it's slow and the IDF tends to only slaughter a few dozen/hundred in one go every few years. Hamas is remarkably shit but Israel has really not covered themselves in glory in how they've been handling the Palestine issue over the course of the last long while. If it's not active genocide it's either pretty damn close to it, or something adjacent but not identical. Fucking terrible situation, regardless.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45083 on: May 16, 2021, 03:59:31 pm »

The past 4 years up till he lost to biden is all the proof that he was a racist and also anti-jew and anti-israel
Which parts? What did he actually do that you think is anti-Jew? That seems, frankly, like bullshit, since the guy has Jewish grandkids and supported Israel repeatedly.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45084 on: May 16, 2021, 04:39:06 pm »

It's active genocide to my definition. You don't need to be killing people to be killing a people.

Personally I'd call it segregation rather than apartheid because I dislike not using words from other languages just because they sound more scary when you can use one's own words for it; but that's just semantics. If I were to call it apartheid I wouldn't just call it apartheid because to be honest it's a step beyond apartheid already. Extreme apartheid maybe.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45085 on: May 16, 2021, 06:50:46 pm »

I keep wanting to post, but I don't know what to say. I think that the state rhetoric from Israel sounds a lot like the genocidal rhetoric for most states.

With that said, genocide is not so uncommon, is it? Condemning other places is as shortsighted as it is hypocritical. It's easy to go "Israel bad wauuugh" but we in this country still live in a state of segregation.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45086 on: May 16, 2021, 07:05:24 pm »

Exploding the press isn't a very good sign, though.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #45087 on: May 16, 2021, 08:48:30 pm »

I wonder how a theoretical further continuing Trump administration would've reacted to the this ongoing flare-up between Palestine and Isreal.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45088 on: May 16, 2021, 10:03:17 pm »

I wonder how a theoretical further continuing Trump administration would've reacted to the this ongoing flare-up between Palestine and Isreal.

Probably by making a fool of himself, doing something half-hearted that probably causes problems for both sides, maybe "accidentally" cause a few extra deaths for whichever side Putin dislikes more.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45089 on: May 16, 2021, 10:05:44 pm »

Exploding the press isn't a very good sign, though.

No, that was pretty bad. Seems a way to "silence" people (innocents) than actually attacking terrorists. Maybe hamas like they said was in there, but wow was that a bad move even if there was the worst person ever to live inside that building. There were tons of other choices besides "lets do it like the movies and make explosions, who cares if any innocents get in the way". That was definitely worse than anything hamas has done during this little conflict.
Pages: 1 ... 3004 3005 [3006] 3007 3008 ... 3566