Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2967 2968 [2969] 2970 2971 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223058 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #44520 on: March 24, 2021, 12:36:43 pm »

I'll be sure to continue being slow and lazy about the Arcana mod update I've been working on. Plenty of time for this to be resolved by the time I get done with my planned update to announce it on the subreddit. :P
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44521 on: March 24, 2021, 06:58:33 pm »

From the government that brought you Kids in Cages™, here's Kids in Terraria™!

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44522 on: March 24, 2021, 07:06:59 pm »

That.... looks like some kind of bizarre anti covid measure? Wtf?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #44523 on: March 24, 2021, 07:34:28 pm »

Wrapped in foil for easy transportation
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44524 on: March 24, 2021, 07:38:44 pm »

Wrapped in foil for easy transportation
Those are almost certainly mylar blankets, which are actually really quite good.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44525 on: March 24, 2021, 07:51:07 pm »

Yeah, those are just thermal blankets or whatever they are. Never used one myself, but they're supposed to be pretty damn good as general utility blankets go.

If you're talking about the blankets, anyway. The plastic sheet things are just... plastic sheet things. Covid measures is probably an accurate statement, pretty sure I've seen the things used in temporary medical holding areas and whatnot, too.

'Course, something other than a cot on the floor (though ngl, those cots are probably an improvement over what I sleep on, ha) is probably warranted, but the US is still the US, et al. It's probably an improvement over whatever shit was being doled out previously, for what staggeringly little that's worth.

... has nothing to do with terraria, though. Not glass, so it's not even a terrarium. Eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44526 on: March 24, 2021, 08:10:54 pm »

It's probably an improvement over whatever shit was being doled out previously, for what staggeringly little that's worth.
It's exactly the same.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44527 on: March 24, 2021, 09:01:07 pm »

It's probably an improvement over whatever shit was being doled out previously, for what staggeringly little that's worth.
It's exactly the same.

P sure there are phots of the last two admins using the same blankets.

The weird part is the clear plastic barriers. The look like just sheets hanging from the ceiling.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #44528 on: March 24, 2021, 11:16:10 pm »

As reddit is an US company and there seems to be some politics involved , i'll post this here as it seems to fit more.

Today, i checked the CDDA reddit (CDDA is one of the Cataclysm survival roguelike game variants for people that never adventured in the upper boards) .
And noticed the whole sub was set to Private (so to read you have to log in), at the time i write this, it still is :
https://old.reddit.com/r/cataclysmdda/

On that page there's link that's supposed to explain why it's set to Private :
https://old.reddit.com/user/Blank-Cheque/comments/mbmthf/why_is_this_subreddit_private_see_here_for_answers/
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That page also give the following given link for more complete information :
https://old.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/mbeycw/whats_the_deal_with_rukpolitics_going_private_and/
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Checking the comments of this article, there are a lot of users that do not care about being banned anymore and point to who is the individual in question that has been hired as a reddit admin so you can check the individual wikipedia entry , and wow if it's true ...
(edit : in case things aren't as true as they appear to be, i'll remove the individual name, but you can check it on the comments in the page i linked (it's easy to spot it as the name is repeated all over the comments) and check the wikipedia entry yourself

Looks like in those "give people a 2nd, 3rd or 4th chance" situation that reddit company decided to choose the very wrong hill to go die on it.
Based. They should fire her because there is no place for pedos in the world. Oh is she crying herself to shit? Let me play the world's smallest violin for her. Shouldn't have been a pedo.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44529 on: March 24, 2021, 11:39:00 pm »

Acting on it is one thing, but being attracted to minors isn't something someone wakes up and decides to do.  You can't wake up one day and decide to be gay, either.

Given some certain people would line them on the street and shoot them, there's also little reason for them to come forward and get help they might need.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44530 on: March 25, 2021, 12:00:54 am »

I think a lot of the hatred that used to be expressed toward queer people in general has been displaced onto, I guess I'm just going to broadly say, "sex offenders." It's important to protect children but a lot of what we do is theater that serves to harm and humiliate the offender but doesn't actually make anyone safer.

In this case it sounds like the hatred for this woman is coming purely through guilt by association?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44531 on: March 25, 2021, 12:18:02 am »

You can't wake up one day and decide to be gay, either.
You can, it's just that most people don't.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #44532 on: March 25, 2021, 12:40:19 am »

Acting on it is one thing, but being attracted to minors isn't something someone wakes up and decides to do.  You can't wake up one day and decide to be gay, either.

Given some certain people would line them on the street and shoot them, there's also little reason for them to come forward and get help they might need.
For one, I myself am not straight.

I don't believe pedophilia is biological. And even if it is I still hate them. They should learn to keep it in themselves in that case.

Pedos, in my eyes, are worse than Nazis. And I think Nazis are the scum of the earth.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44533 on: March 25, 2021, 02:14:07 am »

Pedophilia, like all paraphilias, is almost certainly learned and not biological. But what I find absolutely fascinating is that the notion that pedophilia is innate and they just can't control their urges is trotted out as an argument against the normal healthy response of wanting to shun and kill them. The fact of the matter is, and most if not all of the people who display that response at least subconsciously understand this (and thus will not be convinced by the argument), that the exact opposite is true: if pedophilia is innate and they just can't control their urges, it becomes necessary to remove them from the population by any means. In fact, if pedophilia is biological and "nobody wakes up and chooses it", then eliminating pedophiles will eventually result in a world without pedophiles, which certainly seems to me to be a worthwhile outcome.
We change, treat, and overcome biology every day in the modern world — something biological is easier (and more important!) to get rid of than something social. Of course, I know that some people who fear society trying to change them feel like they need to circle the wagons around pedophilia to prevent the idea from spreading, but this is ultimately destructive... frankly, nobody is going to win widespread acceptance for pedophiles, ever. Hitching your wagon to that star is only going to bring you down with them, and deservedly so. The smart and right thing to do is to win acceptance for not being a pedophile, then draw a bright line and make sure everyone knows "we're not like them".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44534 on: March 25, 2021, 02:48:56 am »

Isn't pedophilia correlated with being abused as a child? If you develop a severe negative connotation with adults as a child, that's probably not going to go away even after you grow up. Thus, you might end up being attracted to children. And, unfortunately, the world isn't running out of abused children any time soon.

... has nothing to do with terraria, though. Not glass, so it's not even a terrarium. Eh.

Terraria can be plastic. Being a flexible canvas might disqualify it, though. Edit: It's not flexible. It just looks that way from certain photos.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 05:17:40 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 2967 2968 [2969] 2970 2971 ... 3566