Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2840 2841 [2842] 2843 2844 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4256109 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42615 on: December 14, 2020, 04:48:48 pm »

What would it even mean for a voting machine to flip the vote in this case?  That it records something different from what you tap on the screen?  That it's miscalibrated so you tap the wrong thing and it's only wrong if you don't see it selected the wrong answer?  What about cases where there are more than 2 choices?  Is a "flip" just anything you didn't want to select, or the machine just choosing a different presidential candidate than what you wanted automatically, even if you picked the candidate that the Deep State wants to become president?

I can't envision any system with such high error rates being used for anything, since... yeah, >50% error rates is random noise.  If the machines are really that defective they might as well go full Deep State and just have what it displays be a complete farce while doing whatever it wants behind the scenes.  What would even be the point of recording votes at all such that the error can be measured?

The claim is that when there was any sort of error the vote in question would be 'adjudicated' through a shadowy process that meant whatever ultimately came out could be entirely different from what the voter picked.

The 68% itself is based in part on the 6,000 error that made the news for a bit. They claim that the 6k was not human as reported but "because of a machine error built into the voting software designed to create error."

(See, the intended high error rate allows the shadow cabal to decide the fraudulent numbers behind closed doors.)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42616 on: December 14, 2020, 04:51:26 pm »

Don't you worry, all the evidence from the Tom Clancy plotline where the military raided the CIA operated Dominion servers in Germany will expose all the evil fraud to the whole world to see

Any dayyyy nowwwww
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42617 on: December 14, 2020, 05:15:44 pm »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42618 on: December 14, 2020, 05:35:21 pm »

Interestingly, I'm getting a lot of (unsubstantiated, so far) chatter that the "68% wrong" voting machines[1] were 'only' in use in counties where Trump won. If you discounted (say) Antrim County[2], because the votes are suspect, then Trump lost by more.

Which brings me back to the feeling the campaign said to itself "we cheated bigly and lost, therefore they cheated biglier!"

[1] Which further info indicates was actually a human-error issue, manually corrected. But no reliable source on that, either.

[2] Or indeed County Antrim... ;)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42619 on: December 14, 2020, 05:45:38 pm »

Here’s the 68% report for those who actually want to read the primary source
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42620 on: December 14, 2020, 05:54:52 pm »

A few days ago Trump was complaining and ranting about Barr. Barr responded by calling him a "deposed king ranting" over the weekend.

So Trump has announced that Barr is stepping down, allegedly to "spend time with his family" over Christmas. It was announced by Tweet, naturally, so it's unclear if Barr actually stepped down or if Barr was sacked.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42621 on: December 14, 2020, 05:58:03 pm »

A just reward for a job well performed, I guess.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42622 on: December 14, 2020, 06:06:17 pm »

Have to admit, coming home from work to hear barr's been twitter fired (well, and that 300+ electors have cast for biden, i.e. the shitgibbon is that much more officially fucked) has brightened my afternoon a little. Not much, but some.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42623 on: December 14, 2020, 06:07:18 pm »

>MFW Bill Barr was sent to a farm upstate far away
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42624 on: December 14, 2020, 06:17:27 pm »

Hm, no faithless electors (besides four yet to report)?  Bit disappointing.  Was hoping to get some more ammo against that antiquated, inherently vulnerable system.  Sure we've had plenty of faithless electors in the past, but it might have been a bit spicier this time. 

Oh well.  The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is the only realistic way we're going to see the necessary reform.

(And the electoral college does *not* primarily benefit the citizens of less-populous states.  It benefits swing states, which was not the original intention.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42625 on: December 14, 2020, 06:33:37 pm »

It benefits swing states
I'd argue this has more to do with the state's winner-takes-all system + granularity than the Electoral College. If all you need is 2nd place + 1 vote to take all electoral votes, then the rest of the votes don't really matter.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42626 on: December 14, 2020, 06:34:16 pm »

I would advise y'all to keep in mind that it ain't truly over until the cheeto is actually out of the position. By all means, celebrate; just a reminder that fash rarely step down willingly.

Now, I don't expect Trump to actually pull out a coup... but who knows how far the tantrum will go.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42627 on: December 14, 2020, 07:14:57 pm »

... also the news is apparently talking about a massive, probably russian, hack of the swaths of the federal government?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42628 on: December 14, 2020, 07:41:09 pm »

Morbo congratulates your senile and polite president. May death come quickly to his enemies.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42629 on: December 14, 2020, 08:36:00 pm »

... also the news is apparently talking about a massive, probably russian, hack of the swaths of the federal government?
Yeah I made a post about that in the terrified thread.  Massive indeed, and not limited to just those swaths of government.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 2840 2841 [2842] 2843 2844 ... 3570