Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2839 2840 [2841] 2842 2843 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4255915 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42600 on: December 13, 2020, 11:39:17 am »

Free stuff as anything free. Nothing in life is free, no exceptions. And the state founds come from the people pockets.

If you dont pay for something someone else is doing it, which in on itself is not bad in all cases, as long things are clear and transparent but since they never are.... or if really no one is paying up then production ends up crashing one way or another.

Case in point, here a lot of things were promised to be free, among them food. Goverment took by force a rather large number of factories and productive lands. We had a horrible scarcity not long ago and now more than half our food is imported and priced beyond most people pockets.

Gasoline was heavily subsidy. So was propane (Hank Hill wet dream), now its the expensiest in the fucking planet because the gummit broke the oil industry and now imports them.

Education has been free here since 1870 all the way to university. It worked very well for a good chunk of time until it didn't.

Currently thanks to the migration of qualified people (uni teachers among them) and rampart corruption the educative system is in ruins and work mosly as yet another indoctrination system in favor of the current goverment.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42601 on: December 14, 2020, 12:30:52 am »

Im not gonna do it.

But why hasnt anyone taken out trump? 4 years and plenty of oppurtunity. Would solve all problems. Even when biden moves in, trump will still be here.

Ignoring the immense difficulty in doing so - the Secret Service are numerous, well-armed, and extremely competent - it would NOT solve any problems. Assassination rarely does.

Allowing things to take their course - Biden will take office in a little over a month, Trump begins to face the music for his many grifts and peculations - will result in him fading from the public stage fairly quickly. Twitter's already said they'll remove his protections - effectively a "we will ban Trump on January 21st" promise -, he's alienated every important media outlet including Fox News, and there's a good chance he'll be facing huge financial penalties from Scotland and Germany at a minimum and there is a very real possibility of prison time. An insane hobo with a shotgun ceases to be a threat when you take away his shotgun and toss him in an asylum. Shooting him would just make him Saint Donald The Martyr in the eyes of his base and result in him having great influence for decades -possibly centuries- to come.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42602 on: December 14, 2020, 02:33:26 am »

Well, that, and most of the gun toting crazies voted him in to begin with. Sane, rational people just don’t kill people, well, not usually anyway.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42603 on: December 14, 2020, 04:33:19 am »

You'd think that, but sadly, nutjobs exists on all ends of the socio-political spectrum
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42604 on: December 14, 2020, 09:09:37 am »

So hey, electors vote today. Here's hoping it's boring as hell :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42605 on: December 14, 2020, 09:44:22 am »

Ignoring the immense difficulty in doing so - the Secret Service are numerous, well-armed, and extremely competent

I always said that the Obama administration was proof that the Secret Service were very good at their jobs.  People around here were convinced he was anything from the literal spawn of Satan to someone who had literally destroyed the United States, and very many of these people are the kinds to have rooms full of guns.

It's actually kind of fascinating to see how media bubbles work.  These people are convinced Obama destroyed our country, but that Trump was the only man in the world who had a hope of fixing it and was trying to, and that Biden stole a fair election but nobody will do anything about it.  These same people also claimed for 8 years that Obama would instate martial law any day now and seize all of the money in your bank accounts, but just last night I heard them hinting that Trump should instate martial law and stage a military coup.  I don't think they even see the irony in what they were saying.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42606 on: December 14, 2020, 12:29:42 pm »

Nobody's killed Trump because the kind of person not employed by the government who would assassinate a president are also white supremacist fascist sociopaths who like him too much to do it.
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42607 on: December 14, 2020, 03:06:41 pm »

Seeing the fashies over here shouting about how "dominion" voting machines in the US have been used to cause a fraud in your election.

Any Stater would mind clarifying this, since I obviously cannot trust these sources?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42608 on: December 14, 2020, 03:19:06 pm »

Dominion = A purveyor of voting machines in the States.

Some people think that millions of Trump votes were switched to Biden votes by Dominion machines.

This meme has, thus far, not accrued any concrete evidence.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42609 on: December 14, 2020, 03:23:38 pm »

The thing I just read (following someone down a rabbit-hole they seemed happy to fall down, just to see) had a claim that while the electoral authorities allowed a (give or take a magnitude, I'm not going back to check) 1/125,000 chance of a voting machine 'flipping' a vote accidentally, some study has said that Dominion machines flip 68% of the time.

If that's an absolute 68% of the time[1] and otherwise impartial[2], then this would mean Monty Hall voting.  If you wanted to vote for the car, you'd be advised to initially vote for what you thought was the goat...

(Which is so utterly wrong that someone, maybe me, is misunderstanding something. Or (not me, this time) just making up outrageous gullibility-bait.)

[1] Rather than 68% more than, i.e. 168% of, the 'allowed proportion' or tolerance, which is barely more than the original negligable amount so a technical validation failure but wouldn't change all but the very closest of votes... But it sounds scary to put it that way.

[2] What little I read did not claim that "68% of Trump votes went to Biden", like I expected, but left it entirely unsaid apart from being "wrong" 68% of the time.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42610 on: December 14, 2020, 03:26:24 pm »

Thanks. I suspected it was just reactionary nonsense, but wanted to be sure.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42611 on: December 14, 2020, 03:33:24 pm »

I can give a link to the 'report' claiming the 68% figure for those truly curious, but it's not really worth it.

As to the the implications of the 'wrong' part, they claim that errors get adjudicated in a shadowy process that allows massive fraud to happen by the cabal fixing the votes in question to whatever they want.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42612 on: December 14, 2020, 04:15:18 pm »

What would it even mean for a voting machine to flip the vote in this case?  That it records something different from what you tap on the screen?  That it's miscalibrated so you tap the wrong thing and it's only wrong if you don't see it selected the wrong answer?  What about cases where there are more than 2 choices?  Is a "flip" just anything you didn't want to select, or the machine just choosing a different presidential candidate than what you wanted automatically, even if you picked the candidate that the Deep State wants to become president?

I can't envision any system with such high error rates being used for anything, since... yeah, >50% error rates is random noise.  If the machines are really that defective they might as well go full Deep State and just have what it displays be a complete farce while doing whatever it wants behind the scenes.  What would even be the point of recording votes at all such that the error can be measured?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42613 on: December 14, 2020, 04:34:43 pm »

The only thing I've heard of was an accusation that some Dominion machines were hacked to switch X% of Trump votes to Biden.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42614 on: December 14, 2020, 04:35:53 pm »

Am I out of touch? No, it is the voting machines who are wrong.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 2839 2840 [2841] 2842 2843 ... 3570