Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2775 2776 [2777] 2778 2779 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229629 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41640 on: November 07, 2020, 11:52:37 am »

I say we go back to arguing over whether Dems are progressive enough, or too progressive.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41641 on: November 07, 2020, 11:53:07 am »

Congratulations america
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41642 on: November 07, 2020, 12:00:09 pm »

AP, CNN, and various REAL news sources (>.> != Fox news <.<)  declare Joe Biden victory in Pa.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 12:10:08 pm by wierd »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41643 on: November 07, 2020, 12:13:19 pm »

Fox news declared joe biden the winner all over the place now.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41644 on: November 07, 2020, 12:35:20 pm »

Well good. Glad they decided to stop peddling fake news.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41645 on: November 07, 2020, 12:45:30 pm »

Keep an eye on the Georgia senate race. It's not over til then.

Unrelated:

The Lincoln Project losers are already releasing attack ads calling for Biden's impeachment.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #41646 on: November 07, 2020, 12:55:00 pm »

Fox News going against Trump feels less like rats fleeing a sinking ship, and more like rats eating through the hull after they ate all the cheese in the hold.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41647 on: November 07, 2020, 02:07:21 pm »

The Lincoln Project losers are already releasing attack ads calling for Biden's impeachment.

Are you sure? That was an Onion article from this morning.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41648 on: November 07, 2020, 02:12:40 pm »

Fox News going against Trump feels less like rats fleeing a sinking ship, and more like rats eating through the hull after they ate all the cheese in the hold.

More like rats in denial about ever getting on that ship that is currently sinking.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #41649 on: November 07, 2020, 02:17:24 pm »

Look there are many rats. Some are jumping off the boat, others are getting on the lifeboats, some chewing through the boat to get out. Some are staying put and denouncing those worried about the tilt of the boat or water on the floor as "low energy". Some in the latter category want to keep chewing through the boat to own the libs.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41650 on: November 07, 2020, 02:18:14 pm »

Are you sure? That was an Onion article from this morning.

Shit. I've never fallen for one of those. My source shared the picture but not a link so I took it at face value. My bad.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41651 on: November 07, 2020, 02:25:41 pm »

It's a particularly believable Onion headline, until you consider that they surely prefer Biden to Harris.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41652 on: November 07, 2020, 02:27:23 pm »

Now we just have to see whether we get a coup attempt from ex-president Duck, and wait out the boogaloo'ing.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41653 on: November 07, 2020, 02:41:01 pm »

Gotta say, despite my earlier predictions of litigation, recounts, and long uncertainty, the margins right now make it look pretty darn unlikely for Trump to eke out a win. Still a chance their lawyers could find some proper evidence and mount substantive court cases across several states, but thus far they've been... not doing that. At all. Technically not over yet, but looking pretty cinched for Biden.

Very astounded Georgia went blue - a recount could flip it back, but would be an abnormally-large recount shift for that to happen. The folks working turnout there must have lifted mountains; will be interesting to see how the Senate runoffs go.

All that said, Biden's got a tough term ahead of him regardless of the Senate situation. If McConnell remains in charge it might honestly be a little easier for him as there'd be somebody to blame for lack of legislation. With a 50-50 (plus Harris) Senate, they could nuke the filibuster and do substantive legislation on their own, but that'd require getting Manchin Sinema & co. to go along with each and every vote.

Last night, at least, Meadows said that if Trump loses he'll run again in 2024. (This was before Meadows was confirmed to have COVID, for what it's worth.)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41654 on: November 07, 2020, 02:42:19 pm »

Between the win margin and the early cases that got thrown out, we're probably past the "legal shenanigans" phase and awaiting the "illegal shenanigans" one, yeah.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 2775 2776 [2777] 2778 2779 ... 3567